Off-site hotels with stoves?

caribbeandream

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my mom to the Epcot F&G next March to celebrate her 75th birthday. My mom doesn't do hotels. They make her uncomfortable and due to health issues she needs a kitchen to cook her own meals. I love the Disney bubble. I looked at renting a DVC studio but they only have kitchenettes and we need a place with a stove. The prices for the 1-bedrooms with kitchens were outrageous. I'm still keeping the Cabins at Fort Wilderness as an option for us. I'm kind of at a loss though as to what our options would be staying off-site. We will not use the pool but two beds (NO sofa beds) and a stove are a must. I would also be using Lyft/Uber to get to the parks and Publix for our groceries.

I'm taking my mom to the Epcot F&G next March to celebrate her 75th birthday. My mom doesn't do hotels. They make her uncomfortable and due to health issues she needs a kitchen to cook her own meals. I love the Disney bubble. I looked at renting a DVC studio but they only have kitchenettes and we need a place with a stove. The prices for the 1-bedrooms with kitchens were outrageous. I'm still keeping the Cabins at Fort Wilderness as an option for us. I'm kind of at a loss though as to what our options would be staying off-site. We will not use the pool but two beds (NO sofa beds) and a stove are a must. I would also be using Lyft/Uber to get to the parks and Publix for our groceries.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Silver Lake Resort have great locations for your needs. These are timeshare resorts that you can rent from many places, including ebay. WBC is next to the Caribbean Beach resort, Silver Lake is near Animal Kingdom.

A nice hotel property with a small stove is Townplace Suites at Flamingo Crossings. In addition to the stove, you would get free breakfast and it is a quick uber to the Coronado Springs Resorts.

I have food allergies and need a stovetop and was so disappointed at the cost of a room on property with a full kitchen. Even DVC was expensive.
We were going to use Wyndham Bonnet Creek until a relative offered us their time share.
WBC costs were really good.

That means you need to rent a condo/townhome/house style option. SO MANY options with closest being Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Last edited:
Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista has a full kitchen. There's a Disney park bus shuttle if you can conform to their schedule. There's more walking involved using offsite resort shuttles.

There's an included breakfast for you. There will be items at breakfast that your mom may like. There's fruit and yogurt, for example. That can make a nice snack for later on for your mom. You can bring your breakfast back to your room.

I would consider a scooter for your mom. You can practice at home in the stores. The average person walks 6 miles a day in a Disney park. Consider all the ride queues you walk through besides getting around the park.

Last edited:
I would consider a scooter for your mom. You can practice at home in the stores. The average person walks 6 miles a day in a Disney park. Consider all the ride queues you walk through besides getting around the park.

Thank you for the suggestion about the scooter. I had not considered that option. We might only ride the Earth and the Land but Epcot is still a huge park.

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista...we stayed in a 2BR suite and it had a full kitchen. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Only caveat was it's a 3 story building layout and there's no elevators.

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista...we stayed in a 2BR suite and it had a full kitchen. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Only caveat was it's a 3 story building layout and there's no elevators.

Yeah, that would not work for us. My mom is mobile but stairs are hard for her.

I second Silver Lake - You can get a 2br with a full kitchen for less than $200/nt. No parking or resort fees either. It's more like condos, so doesn't really feel like a hotel.

We stayed here in a 2 bedroom/2 bath with stove & a full size fridge. Not sure but assume 1 BDRM & studios still offer full kitchen. Free daily hot breakfast buffet & 3 nights/wk they have light dinner managers reception. We asked for & received a ground floor unit. They are adding a parking fee of $10/nt on 1/1/2020.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!