• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off With His Head!

tourguide

Earning My Ears
Off With His Head! (or The Incredible Expanding Tour Group Invades Disney - Day Three)

The morning of Day Three dawned hot and humid. I dragged myself out of bed to shouts erupting from the adjoining room 533. Peachfuzz stood, face lathered in front of the bathroom sink with about 6 guys in matching t-shirts huddled around, cheering him on.

“SHAVE... SHAVE... SHAVE... SHAVE... SHAVE!!!” they chanted. Peachfuzz’s peachfuzz had finally gotten the better of them, and they were insisting he ritualistically get rid of the stuff. Someone had lent him a safety razor, but strangely, it didn’t seem to be working.

“Hey, you have to take the blade cover off, dude!” Hahaha.. details, details. :) I’m sure they worked it all out, but I couldn’t say for sure, cuz it was time for me to hop in the shower.

Everyone assembled awhile later in the hall wearing matching shirts, except who’s this? Blue Eyes seems to have picked up a straggler. A friend of his from back home showed up late last night and they were planning to attend another concert tonight in L.A. Blue Eyes’ Friend is apparently 2 kool to be part of the group and declines a matching t-shirt. (Mr. No Fun. :p He’d probably get along well with Ricky Rat!)

We were all glad to see SloMo wearing his new group t-shirt. This kid, I just don’t know what to do about him... When we checked in at the airport, they weighed our bags. Most everyone’s bag came in at about 30 lbs +/-. SloMo’s bag was only 14 lbs. “Ummmm SloMo, what’s in the bag?”

“Uhhhh... a shirt and a robe.”

“Where’s the rest of your stuff?”

“What stuff?”

“Okie dokie.”

This kid had brought exactly one t-shirt and pair of shorts (that he was wearing), one long-sleeved shirt (for California in summer???), and a bathrobe. The bathrobe was for wearing around the hotel room/sleeping in. It had gotten to the point where the girls in the group were offering him their extra sets of pajama bottoms to sleep in so they wouldn’t have to risk running into him in “just the robe”! We were all grateful he had a new shirt to add to his repertoire.

Off to Goofy’s Kitchen for our 17 person Priority Seating. But what’s this?! The Three Mousketeers and Team Cream won’t be joining us? “Aww why not?”

“It’s too expensive.”

“So you guys are just going into the Parks then?”

“They want to go shopping.”

Aha. Show of hands, anyone surprised? Anyone? Anyone? ...I didn’t think so.

I check us in at Goofy’s Kitchen and get the usual welcome: “Ahh, the big group is here!” :) That’s us! But we’re only 12 now, instead of 17. “No problem!” They had us seated in under five minutes at two terrific tables, connected by a long, winding bench seat. After all the horror stories about Disney being less than cooperative about seating large groups together, we’ve been treated fantastically throughout the entire trip!

Goofy’s has such a terrific food selection. I was really into this new breakfast dessert they had... can’t remember the name but it was basically like a Danish cake... super sticky, good stuff! :) Everyone else was totally grossed out by it. Whatever. They were having asparagus. For breakfast! GROSS!!! In fact, Bombshell and Blue Eyes’ Friend were actually bonding over the multitude of ways they enjoyed preparing asparagus! Ewwwww!!! For a minute I thought we had hopped into that scene from Forest Gump. “Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew...” You get the idea.

Meanwhile, the guys were ordering orange juice by the pitcher. They swear the waiter started watering it down after the first one though! Peachfuzz alone managed to suck down three pitchers of apple juice. He figured if a glass of juice was worth $2.50, and there were say, 8 glasses in a pitcher, he drank 24 glasses, so essentially he was only paying a little over 10 cents a glass! What a deal! Hehe...

The characters were fun. Baloo kept pointing out that he and Blue Eyes have the same Bear Belly. Goofy denied that he and Peachfuzz were long lost brothers, since Peachfuzz didn’t know Goofy’s full name. Turns out its George “Goofy” Geef. Who knew?! :)

Everyone had to pose in the Autopia car for photos after brekkie. Peachfuzz sat in the driver’s seat and SloMo lay on the ground in front, pretending to be run over. Silly boys. As we walked out, Blue Eyes came up to say thanks again for planning the trip. Such a nice guy! :)

On our way over to the Monorail, we passed The Mouseketeers and Team Cream, already loaded down with a bunch of bags from their morning shopping spree in Downtown Disney.

Next, we’re off to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. Since my last visit a year ago, they’ve added two new shows and they perform seven days a week. Bombshell, poor deprived child, has never seen a Billy show! I have never seen the two new shows! To Frontierland!

Of course the new show is terrific! My sides ached from laughing so hard at their version of “Devil Went Down to Georgia.” We introduced Bombshell to the guys and had a nice chat about the show. The Billies definitely have a new fan. :)

We grab Indy fast passes and hop on the Haunted Mansion. Strangely, the Mickey head silhouette in the ballroom scene has gone missing! It was just there two days ago! How bizarre.

After Indy, the whole group meets up to take a Jungle Cruise. While we’re waiting in line, Skipper KJ cruises his boat past the queue, teasing “all Kermit’s friends” (our shirts are green). “It must be a Muppet Convention!” He bets we know where to find the “Rainbow Connection.” KJ loads a crew, travels around the river, and is back to be our jungle guide! What fun! He was great! In addition to the standard fare, he had a couple new ones I’d never heard, and he had tons of fun teasing us. We were tickled to be harassed, and impressed by his Muppet knowledge. You rock, KJ!

Our caravan of logs flies down Splash Mountain, one, two, three boats of Kermit Shirts. Then its over to Big Thunder. I just can’t get enough of this coaster. At this point in the trip, everyone has been schooled: May we please have the back? There are 15 in our party. :) Thank you!

I can’t get enough of rainbow colored pools inside the mountain. I could sit forever and watch them change colors. No time for that though as we rattle along... everybody GOAT TRICK!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Woooo, my tummy does the loop-dee-loop!

The temperature and humidity continue to rise as the day goes on. People continue to constantly ask me questions and not listen to the answers. Oh and I have some really nasty cramps too. ‘Round about the time we board the Mark Twain, I feel so harassed, hot, irritable, I just want to go hide in a hole for three years. Bombshell and I find a seat upstairs inside. You know its bad when your own voice is annoying. Jeez, doesn’t that Tour Guide ever shut up??? I needed a break, bad. It was time for a nap.

I felt rotten making Bombshell leave the park, since she was planning on going home in a few hours, but she insisted that she would rather go with me to make sure I was ok, than stay in the park with the group. Sweetie. :)

When we woke up from our nap, everyone else was back and changing for dinner. Story Teller had decided we were all going to dinner at House of Blues. I had asked him before the trip which day he wanted to do that, and I’d make priority seating arrangements for the group. He said not to bother because he didn’t know which day and last time they just walked up and were seated almost immediately. He wasn’t concerned, and I figured it was his dinner and his responsibility. I wasn’t even really planning on going, so I washed my hands of the whole situation.

Next thing I know, everyone is in my room wanting to know what time our House of Blues Priority Seating is. Don’t ask me, this is Story Teller’s deal. Where exactly *is* Story Teller anyway? Hmmm... no one seems to know. We decide to head over to House of Blues and maybe he’ll just meet us there to check in.

Nope, no Story Teller. Suburban Redneck is just positive there *has* to be a priority seating for us! He makes the poor host go through every reservation to make sure it hasn’t been missed. I’m telling ya, making plans like that is not Story Teller’s forte. I knew there was no PS. Sigh. Finally Suburban Redneck gives up and just gets us on the stand-by list. Story Teller is still MIA and the group is staring daggers at me, like this is my fault! I didn’t even want to eat here in the first place!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr... where is that Story Teller? Off with his head!

We end up having to wait OVER AN HOUR to be seated for dinner. Story Teller conveniently shows up ten minutes before our table is ready and suddenly no one is mad anymore. Grrrr... that’s right, take it out on the Tour Guide who tried to make plans but was told not to! The one point of light in the whole story is when Bombshell calls Ricky Rat to make plans to stay an extra night. :) So glad we get to have a little longer to visit. But man, I really need a vacation from this vacation.

A fresh new Disneyland trip report! Woohoo!!! Thanks so very much for posting. We are planning a trip to Disneyland next year (to meet up with a fellow DISer and her family) and I've been dying for some new reports. I have printed all three segments out to enjoy reading over lunch. I know what a labor of love putting one of these together can be like so thanks again for posting! :sunny:

Great trip report - can't wait to read the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter