Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

My Garmin said 10.33. 2 potty stops and a moderate amount of weaving in the beginning so I'm not too surprised.

10.21 miles for me, but I also intentionally "swung wide" at parts to keep out of other's way.

Funny, I ran 3 events before seeing a finish line character. I am going to have to run the ToT 2014 so I can look up and see the ToT at the line.

I just noticed that I need to change my icon info to reflect the fall WISHES time.

<-----------

I kept looking for you Saturday night but I wasn't sure what you looked like and was sure I would get laughed at if I went up to random strangers asking if he was the coach I've been talking to!:rotfl:

I just saw a video on Youtube of the race and the girl who posted the video said several others in the race saw their GPS read 10.76 miles at the end.Can anyone confirm this?

Usually my app/watch is way off but for this race my Runkeeper said 10.09 miles and my Garmin said 10.14 miles.

This is the first runDisney race that I've actually noticed a character at the end! And I've run every WDW since Princess 2011. So I was so excited to give Goofy a high five--but now--oh man, I didn't notice his hand was gross. What did I touch??

I never change in the tents. I always go change in one of the bathrooms!

I'm really enjoying your race report!! Your race outfits were fabulous!!!:thumbsup2

I kept looking for you Saturday night but I wasn't sure what you looked like and was sure I would get laughed at if I went up to random strangers asking if he was the coach I've been talking to!:rotfl:

I looked around, also. though, I went intot he corral really aerly to try to get a little sleep.

Did anyone else notice that Marathonfoto did a terrible job compared to brightroom from last year.All the pictures of both of us are dark and not sharp, even the finisher photos.No excuse for botching the finishers photo

Did anyone else notice that Marathonfoto did a terrible job compared to brightroom from last year.All the pictures of both of us are dark and not sharp, even the finisher photos.No excuse for botching the finishers photo

My husband's photos were all awful...and be glad you even got a finishers photo...They didn't get one of me crossing. And I hate the fact that my photo with the actual hotel was taken from below...eew!

I'm really enjoying your race report!! Your race outfits were fabulous!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you!! We loved them!!

I looked around, also. though, I went intot he corral really aerly to try to get a little sleep.

Smart! I tried to watch the Gator game but it wouldn't work!

Normally I don't like Marathonfoto but this time they got an awesome shot of my and my running buddy doing a jump. One of my fav race pics ever!

I'm also disappointed with the job Marathon Photo did. The majority of the pictures are dark and unrecognizable. I miss the variety of the race highlight pictures the Brightroom offered.

I'm really disappointed in my photos. I was hoping to see more to be honest and then the angle is so unflattering (from the ground up?). My finish line photos are awful...they didn't catch me crossing the finish line with my hands up, all excited....nope...they caught me bending down and catching my breath.... awesome! :cheer2: *sarcasm* Oh well! I like the 1 character picture I took and then the pic my friend and I took with our medals...that's it.

dark and unrecognizable.
This is what my wife says about my humor.

Brightroom is merged with MarathonFoto...most likely the same photographers.

That being said there should be better metering for low light conditions. For my last two runs at Disney, images at the castle are unpurchasable.

Agree on the photos. They are worthless. Hopefully no one will order them and they will not want to do it next year.

My Garmin had 10.11. I didn't do any stops (except to time my shoe) and didn't have to weave any on the course.

The best part about this race was there was no crowds around me while I was running except for the first couple of miles. It was very nice compared to January when you couldn't even run the first few miles because of the crowds.

Congrats to all!! I did the 5K as I started running earlier this year and need to get myself seriously training. Got Jeff.Galloway's book and timer to aid me in my quest.

About the photos: My 5K photos were great but, my BFF's are not. Sorry to hear that so many got dark photos. :-(

For those that have gotten this event or past events, do you get the digital file and if yes is it in JPEG or RAW. The dark ones i would like to have in RAW to post process them into better pics.

For those that have gotten this event or past events, do you get the digital file and if yes is it in JPEG or RAW. The dark ones i would like to have in RAW to post process them into better pics.

The digital pack is JPeG. I would call and ask the marathonfoto folks. I am betting the photos are shot in JPEG for space reasons.

Even with JPEG, I found that the two I swiped to play with were full of detail once highlighted. Just the process I used to swipe the photo added tons of noise.

I just saw a video on Youtube of the race and the girl who posted the video said several others in the race saw their GPS read 10.76 miles at the end.Can anyone confirm this?

My Runkeeper showed 10.31 - we did some weaving, so I wasn't too surprised.

Question on the photos, when you buy them are they per name or per race? I have the 5k and the 10 miler under my name. I looked on the website and even sent an email (no response back).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter