Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

Question on the photos, when you buy them are they per name or per race? I have the 5k and the 10 miler under my name. I looked on the website and even sent an email (no response back).

They will attempt to sell you two packages. Histroically, you can talk them into a discount on the second package. Generally, you will not get a twofer.

They will attempt to sell you two packages. Histroically, you can talk them into a discount on the second package. Generally, you will not get a twofer.

Thanks for the info. It is good to know I can try and get a discount on second package.

Sorry to hear about the bad photos. Two of my favorite running photos were taken at Disney and were both in the dark. One was during W&D and the other was before the sun came up running through the castle in January. They must have had a bad night.

Finished my race recap with Part Three! Come to think of it, I may not have reported Part Two... well, it's all there together, so enjoy, lol!

Tower of Terror 10-Miler Recap, Part Three

Best of luck to those planning to return in 2014! Is there a thread for that yet? I won't be running it again, but I'll tag along here as a team supporter and offer whatever insight I can for the next round. :thumbsup2

Finished my race recap with Part Three! Come to think of it, I may not have reported Part Two... well, it's all there together, so enjoy, lol!

Best of luck to those planning to return in 2014! Is there a thread for that yet? I won't be running it again, but I'll tag along here as a team supporter and offer whatever insight I can for the next round. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting your recap! I like reading other people's experiences.

I agree about loving the new corrals. Last year when we ran we were in D and the congestion was awful. I was dreading the dirt path all year, and it was not a problem at all this race (starting from Corral H).

Another thing I thought of recently (I forget if I posted this in my earlier post or not), is that I really wish they had the course characters at the party. I was in a groove, like you, and didn't want to stop for most characters but I would have loved to meet them at the after party.

Also, where did you get the adorable mini medals for the vinyl mickey? My mickey needs a TOT medal.

Also, where did you get the adorable mini medals for the vinyl mickey? My mickey needs a TOT medal.

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes They had the mini medals at the expo, with the official rD merchandise. You may be able to get one through mail order, still - worth an email or call to rD!

DId you end up working the night shift that Saturday? I could have sworn that I saw you yet again at the DAK auto plaza with a bull horn in hand

I was out like a light before the race started. We wanted to have race shifts, but the sign-up fills fast.

I'm not in any hurry to volunteer...I will not rant, I will not rant, I will not rant:rolleyes1.

I was out like a light before the race started. We wanted to have race shifts, but the sign-up fills fast.

I'm not in any hurry to volunteer...I will not rant, I will not rant, I will not rant:rolleyes1.

You looked beat at the 5k finish and I know you had several hours left

Thanks for volunteering this year! Volunteers make all the difference. :)

Thanks for volunteering this year! Volunteers make all the difference. :)
You are welcome. I lied; we have three volunteer shifts at the marathon. I'm just paying it forward.

I plan on running Goofy again in 2015. It takes me two years to ramp up the mileage, and the cash.

I am pleased to announced I FINISHED. Goal accomplished. Super slow (162:58 ) but did it from corral J. I had a phenomenal time on my very first long run/ mostly walk and am looking at a local half at the end of February. Just need to focus on speed and loosing some weight so I can move faster.

I had a great experience this year, even better than 2012! My favorite part was the element inside the baseball stadium and where the spectators assemble near the Sorceror's Hat.

I liked your writeup!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes They had the mini medals at the expo, with the official rD merchandise. You may be able to get one through mail order, still - worth an email or call to rD!

They were just about the cheapest thing out there for rD, weren't they? I love mine. If no one minds, here's my old Vinylmation with its new medal.

DSCF1486_zps944ab6be.jpg

I hope they keep doing the medals. Pink Mickey needs more!

I was in the WDW Cast Connection this morning and spied 4-5 Small "2013 I did it" hoodies. Oh, at a substantial discount. The one I looked at seemed in new condition.

I thought I read that someone was looking for one and I am too lazy to peel back though the pages.

I was in the WDW Cast Connection this morning and spied 4-5 Small "2013 I did it" hoodies. Oh, at a substantial discount. The one I looked at seemed in new condition. I thought I read that someone was looking for one and I am too lazy to peel back though the pages.

I would have loved to get one- but I just couldn't justify the $$. How much are you seeing them or now? (Just cause I am curious)

I was in the WDW Cast Connection this morning and spied 4-5 Small "2013 I did it" hoodies. Oh, at a substantial discount. The one I looked at seemed in new condition.

I thought I read that someone was looking for one and I am too lazy to peel back though the pages.

I am so mad I didn't one, but I am in no way a small :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter