Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

**Sorry, posted in the wrong thread!***

Hello,

I could have sworn I received an email with more info about the race but it had come to my phone and I didn't have time to read it right then, I just went back for it and it wasn't there. . . either I'm just too excited and imagined the email (hoping our corral placements have been assigned) or I'm loosing my mind. If you received one, did I miss anything important?
Thanks!

This was my second half at DL (DL 1/2 in 2012 and this years Tink) and have made up my mind that I will wait to do another DL run. I prefer WDW runs so much better! I'm from Oregon so trust me, so much easier to get to DL too. Both of DL races I've done were just crazy packed...the entire time. Never loosened up and was constantly trying to get around people, for 13 miles.

Really don't mean to be a downer but I wasn't wowed by the course. Of course the first part was great thru the parks but it was all in the dark. Expo set up was good, got our bibs and tees quickly Friday around noon. Tink merchandise was already fairly limited. Why do they always make the women's shirts with those tiny little cap sleeves? I like the regular short sleeves! The long sleeve white shirt was super cute and thought about getting it, but it looked really thin and kind of see thru. On the course we saw several people wearing them and you could see the "pink" of their skin thru them! Yikes! Was glad I didn't get one, wish they came in other colors!

Great support on the course, lots of bathrooms, great medals at the end too! Super cute! By the way the parks were insane yesterday (mlk day). Wow!

With that said ready for princess in a few weeks!! Hope everyone had a great run!

Sorry you were frustrated with the course. My only WDW experience is Wine & Dine 2012 and I was disappointed in the lack of distractions between mile markers in between the parks. That's what I love about the DL races, there is community support along the way. I'm hoping it was because W&D is at night and that Princess will be better.

Sorry you were frustrated with the course. My only WDW experience is Wine & Dine 2012 and I was disappointed in the lack of distractions between mile markers in between the parks. That's what I love about the DL races, there is community support along the way. I'm hoping it was because W&D is at night and that Princess will be better.

It's not. Sorry! It's also why I love the dl races. Big community involvement! There are some support on phm but its not as intimate as dl races. I find the stretch from 1-3 boring, then again from 7-11.5. Lol. But I keep coming back so it must not be that bad! Ha!

W&D's problem isn't so much the fact it's nighttime (though that doesn't help I think) its the fact that there isn't many places for spectator viewing because of the road closures closed the only way spectators could get around to see runner (pretty much you had the option of going to a point and see a runner there and getting stuck I think, or waiting for them at Epcot). I remember going over the course with my Mom before the race this past year and realizing that the only place she was going to be able to see me was at Epcot right before I finished. Since even with a rental car, thanks to all the road closures its near impossible to get around to see the runners. I remember seeing some spectators scattered around the course and honestly wanting to run up to them and ask how they got their. I didn't but I wanted too. Princess doesn't have that problem since you have the option of the monorail at least for spectators who want to see the runners at various points.

But yeah DL's races are better for spectator support in general. Since even with road closures you have all the side streets to get around the road closures to see the runners so their is a ton of support. Plus you have the locals coming out to cheer you on or doing random things. I remember last year at the DLH half one of them turned their sprinklers on for the runners to run through right after the ball road hill (that's about mile 4 in that half) and everyone made a beeline for those sprinklers. So the community support of the DL half's are the best.

Hope this is ok to share here, but I just finished my race recap of the Tink Half! And I loved, loved, loved this race! As I'm sure many of you did too. I love reading about others' experiences (and reliving the race a bit!) and I hope you might too.

Warning: LOTS of pics! And if you happen to be a Disney Princess too, I have made some preliminary comparison to the Princess Half as well. (And I'm heading there next for my Coast to Coast!)

http://2princessesontherun.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/tinker-bell-race-report/

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun

Hello everyone!! Does anyone by chance have a digital copy of the 5k course? I am making a photobook, but cant' seem to find the course map?
Thanks!!!

Hello everyone!! Does anyone by chance have a digital copy of the 5k course? I am making a photobook, but cant' seem to find the course map?
Thanks!!!

I have this link, but it's the course map from last year. Everything is the same, it just has last year's logo and date for you. Maybe you could just cover it w/ this year's logo?
2013 Course Map

Hello everyone!! Does anyone by chance have a digital copy of the 5k course? I am making a photobook, but cant' seem to find the course map? Thanks!!!

This is all I have handy...I took a picture of the wall at the expo. I think there's a picture of it in the program though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Okay, I have done other races that have used marathonfoto so I *know* the whole deadline thing they keep emailing isn't real, it's just to incite panic buying frenzy ... right? I'm concerned about being wrong because my sister said there were a couple pictures she wanted to get (of herself- not me, lol) and I don't want to steer her wrong. Can anyone who's done a Disney race in the past confirm that this isn't the end? If I remember from other races correctly, they even start offering discounts after the "purchase by" date has passed.

Okay, I have done other races that have used marathonfoto so I *know* the whole deadline thing they keep emailing isn't real, it's just to incite panic buying frenzy ... right? I'm concerned about being wrong because my sister said there were a couple pictures she wanted to get (of herself- not me, lol) and I don't want to steer her wrong. Can anyone who's done a Disney race in the past confirm that this isn't the end? If I remember from other races correctly, they even start offering discounts after the "purchase by" date has passed.

Rest assured this isn't the end. My 2013 Tink pics are still in my account :rotfl: at some point if you wait too long to order they charge you a $5 archive fee but its usually a wash once you get a discount code to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter