Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

YUP! I like the patterned ones, they DO NOT SHOW SWEAT! Can I get an AMEN? I did not use a belt, even for the marathon... I carried (all in these pockets mind you) my iphone 6plus, 2 packs of gu chomps, 4 gu gels, baggie with salt sticks, my ipod, my chill towel, and my ID and cash in the back zipper. I also tucked my ear warmer in the side pockets when I was done with it and my gloves on and off before dumping them completely. :thumbsup2

I have these as well -- love them!

I have these as well -- love them!

Are you saying that these skirts have pockets and zippers too?
That sounds awesome...not so much for me but for my wife.
She doesn't have any shorts with pockets and her "tutu" (is that what you call it) doesn't either.

Also ran into a lady on the Magical Express headed to the airport with us after the races who lost her drivers license during the marathon because it fell out of a pocket. Ouch. Zippers sound perfect.

They're talking about running tights/capris, not skirts. My favorite skirts for pockets are the Sparkle Skirts, which have cargo pockets on the shorts under the skirt and a zippered pocked on the waistline. I wish more running gear had pockets big enough for a phone and a car key.

Too bad they don't make them for guys because according to the website, they are 'UNSTINKABLE'!

Unstinkable! Do you believe there is such a thing, I don't know how but they do hold off the stink better than some of my other gear. And these capris are so awesome they should make men's and I wouldn't judge any guy I saw wearing them!

Nothing is unstinkable. Just let me run a few miles in it and I'll prove that to them. :)

I didn't notice any stink after I finished either part of the Goofy. I still smelled the same aroma that I had noticed for most of the race. :rolleyes1

So talking about stink... would now be a good time to confess that at about mile 3 of the marathon, I realized I forgot to put on deodorant that morning?!?!:crazy2: I think most failed to notice :lmao: But if you were around me, I truly apologize...another DUH! race day moment.

So talking about stink... would now be a good time to confess that at about mile 3 of the marathon, I realized I forgot to put on deodorant that morning?!?!:crazy2: I think most failed to notice :lmao: But if you were around me, I truly apologize...another DUH! race day moment.

I wouldn't worry about that. Most runners I know don't bother with it before they run because they'll overpower it within a mile anyway.

I never put any on before I run. By the time I am done, there isn't anything that is going to cover up the smell coming off me. Especially this year when I used the BioFreeze and got rained on.

I wouldn't worry about that. Most runners I know don't bother with it before they run because they'll overpower it within a mile anyway.
Uh...I wouldn't know anything about that...ahem...:eek: :angel: :teeth:

You could have stopped for a couple of minutes on Main Street and had a spectator go buy you a travel sized Speed Stick at the Emporium,only deodorant,no antiperspirant but it would have made it easier running next to you.It's like $3 and even if you don't have it with you I think if you stand in front of some spectators and tell them you forgot your deodorant someone might buy it for you.

I never put any on before I run. By the time I am done, there isn't anything that is going to cover up the smell coming off me. Especially this year when I used the BioFreeze and got rained on.
Uh...I wouldn't know anything about that...ahem...:eek: :angel: :teeth:
Thanks, guys... I was sweatin' it! :rotfl2: (horrible pun intended)
You could have stopped for a couple of minutes on Main Street and had a spectator go buy you a travel sized Speed Stick at the Emporium,only deodorant,no antiperspirant but it would have made it easier running next to you.It's like $3 and even if you don't have it with you I think if you stand in front of some spectators and tell them you forgot your deodorant someone might buy it for you.
It never even crossed my mind to stop and buy some... I just thought I would blend in eventually. :crazy2: It is however, good to know that they sell it at the Emporium, just in case I ever forget it on a park touring day...

So is it weird that I put on deodorant before I run?? I don't think I've ever "burned" through it....

I do smell though. I'm not going to lie about that! But it seems to be a general sweat smell and not BO. I will also admit that I sometimes shower before races.

So is it weird that I put on deodorant before I run?? I don't think I've ever "burned" through it....

I do smell though. I'm not going to lie about that! But it seems to be a general sweat smell and not BO. I will also admit that I sometimes shower before races.
I don't think its weird...
Obviously, I typically use deodorant when I run and I almost always shower before a long run (Unless it's cold). being in FL I have found if I have wet hair and put it in s pony it helps me stay a little cooler for my run. And a shower helps me wake up for early morning runs.

So is it weird that I put on deodorant before I run?? I don't think I've ever "burned" through it.... I do smell though. I'm not going to lie about that! But it seems to be a general sweat smell and not BO. I will also admit that I sometimes shower before races.

Ditto this - exactly - for me!

Is it weird to shower before races,I always do.I do mostly to wake myself up but to be clean is always a good thing.I think the only race I didn't shower before was a Down and Dirty mud run I did since it wasn't a real early start as well as knowing that I would be caked in mud in an hour,but if a race requires an early wake up call a shower is a must for me to wake up.I probably took more showers this marathon weekend for Goofy than I ever have in 4 days.

Is it weird to shower before races,I always do.I do mostly to wake myself up but to be clean is always a good thing.I think the only race I didn't shower before was a Down and Dirty mud run I did since it wasn't a real early start as well as knowing that I would be caked in mud in an hour,but if a race requires an early wake up call a shower is a must for me to wake up.I probably took more showers this marathon weekend for Goofy than I ever have in 4 days.

I think it's unusual, but not weird. None of my running friends shower first, and neither do I, mostly for two reasons. One, I'm going to be hot and sweaty within 10 minutes of stepping outside, and two, that's time better spent sleeping. :rotfl: I'm all about minimizing wait time and maximizing sleep time. We've got Disney timing down to a science.

345 - alarm goes off
415 - meet in lobby to get car
435 - arrive at the Epcot lot
455 - leave car for bag check
530 - arrive at corrals with time for porta-potty visits
545 - start

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter