Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

SgtTibbs

RunDisney'er
Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend
September 3-September 6, 2015 - Disneyland® Resort, California
runDisney Website
RunDisney said:
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend!

It's the place where runners' dreams come true and you're invited to join the fun during the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna® at the Disneyland® Resort. Put yourself in the middle of all the excitement with spectacular runs on magical courses, special events, runDisney Kids Races, Disneyland® 10K and the Dumbo Double Dare. Come join the Happiest Race on Earth!
Waver Pickup / Corral Assignment
If you have not already done so, you can now download/print out your waver that you will need to bring with you to packet pickup. The waver will also show your corral assignment.
Download your 2015 waver here.

Official Event Guide
The Official Event Guide

Proof Of Time
Deadline: June 2nd
If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Dumbo Double Dare participants should adhere to the Half Marathon proof of time requirements and submit a 10K distance or longer.
Submit your time here.

The Course
A great blog describing the Half Marathon Course.

Half Marathon Weekend Meet-ups!
Tiki Room Meet-up (SgtTibbs)
Thursday Sept. 3rd | 4:30pm'ish
Tiki Room outside waiting room, with Dole Whip in hand.
Attending: SgtTibbs, Keels, Kim3339,zanzibar138, Kelly 1/Ron, Atrus79, Pamster

Post Half Meet-up (Keels)
Sunday Sept. 6th after the 1/2 Marathon
Drinks at the Sonoma Terrace DCA
Attending: Keels, SgtTibbs, Atrus79, jag90

10th Anniversary Party (Official Event)
Exclusive access to Disneyland Park Attractions, and stuff.
Thursday Sept. 3rd | 9pm-12AM (plus early park entry at 4pm)
runDisney 10th Anniversary Party Website
Registration Link
Attending: SgtTibbs, meg8182000, Keels, NCrunner, SeeJeannerun, Disneyland_emily, mbwhitti, Atrus79,Kim3339, jag90

Planning to attend one of the meet-ups but I don't have you listed? Post about it or send me (SgtTibbs) a PM and I'll get you added.​

Who's Going?
Dumbo Double Dare
Ariel484, SgtTibbs (CC), StarGirl11, Kim3339, Disney At Heart, BwoZoo22
SueInBoston, Thndrmatt, CynthiaRebeca, SeeJeannerun, Durantigger
IronManion, Dreams91, Mbwhitti, Tink_Lover, Cavepig, Sumlee(CC), Slogger
Hpygrll, NCrunner, Moab44, IamTrike, Kelly 1, Radio Fanatic, Atrus79, jag90, c3ltspirit
DLR29, Junmatno, Roselark, Sir_Arron. ZamboniNerd

Half Marathon
Swooshbear, Zanzibar138, Meg8182000, Keels, Koadoodle, lap3
almacdonald, dta87, True Romance, VickiHD, Belle_Ella, Chrisaman, Chris1013
Corpsebride, Kez518, MaryJ, Pigletliz, The_Banking_Scot

Darrenf67, Minniebeth, Pamster, True Romance, EDS19, DisneyFan13US, Beamo2014, DisneyFan13us, Lauren_in_NC, MrsPinup, Ten6mom

Ariel484, Zanzibar, Kim3339, Darrenf67, Disney At Heart, Minniebeth
Dreams91, DisneyFan13US, Atrus79, c3ltspirit, Courtneybeth, dduckfan, MaleficentRN, Roselark, ZamboniNerd

(PM SgtTibbs if I missed anyone)

My Tips From the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon

* You can visit the expo before you pickup your race packet. I visited first thing on Thursday while most people were at packet pickup. It was a mostly empty Expo with everything still in stock. I even had a chance to talk and take pictures with Jeff Galloway with no line at all. I waited until the late afternoon to pickup my packet when there was no line for that.

* The Expo/Packet pickup seems to assume you are coming in via the "front" of the Disneyland hotel, ie from the Mickey and friends parking garage. If you are coming from Downtown Disney you are coming in the back door. Not really a problem, but there was no signage to point your way. Just go out the front entrance of the hotel and down the ramp for package pickup.

* They sell stuff at the expo. Bring money.

* On race day, Shuttle buses from the neighborhood hotels drop you off at the far end of the esplanade by the Harbor hotels on the map (below). You get to walk across the esplanade (complete with bag check) past the park entrances and through all of downtown Disney before taking a right hand turn by the ESPN zone down to the pre-race pen and corrals. Allow time for that walk.

* Bag check and porta potties are located in the Pre-race pen.

* Other than that nothing, and I mean nothing interesting happens in the pre-race pen. Next year I'm just heading directly for the corrals.

*Corrals are NOT located in a parking lot. they are on Disneyland Dr. itself north of the start line. You can only get to them by heading east along Magic way.

* Prior to corral opening time we were held up at the corner of Downtown Dr. and Magic way. If you want to be at the front of your corral that's where you want to be, the earlier the better.

* On the way to the corrals the street divides. Early corrals to the right, later ones to the left.

* Gates to the corrals open at 4:30am (not!) they are always a bit late.

* The start of the race is up hill for just a bit be ready for that.

* Sweep time starts when the last runner enters the course.

Map of Events
dlhalf.png

Helpful Posts from the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread:
RunDisney Disneyland Half Marathon 2015 Page
Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread! - thndrmatt
Map and notes about the race - SgtTibbs

Last edited:

That's the dream! :teeth:

:eek: I'm so glad you said that...I seriously would have forgotten! :rotfl2:

Yes, The "correct" protocol for a first visit to Disneyland is to:

1. High Five the welcome sign over either train tunnel
2. Stop in at City hall for your button
3. Stop and give a salute of respect to Walt's memory as you pass his apartment. Located over the fire house
4. Proceed directly through the castle to Peter Pan.

:)

Thanks for starting the thread! Planning on my first DDD in 2015!

Same here, I got hooked by my first 10k at the Disneyland Half Marathon this year, I have plans for my first Half Marathon at the WDW Marathon weekend in January and then like Ariel484 a Dumbo Double Dare + Coast-to-Coast at the Disneyland Half Marathon. Dream big be big.

Same here, I got hooked by my first 10k at the Disneyland Half Marathon this year, I have plans for my first Half Marathon at the WDW Marathon weekend in January and then like Ariel484 a Dumbo Double Dare + Coast-to-Coast at the Disneyland Half Marathon. Dream big be big.

I was considering the 5k, too but am worried I'll be too tired. But, it seems like a great opportunity to take photos with characters so I may change my mind before registration.

I want to run this again next year because of the 10th anniversary, but I'm starting to think $$ wise it's a very bad idea. I've got a hefty dental bill I'm paying off and hoping to get out to WDW for W&D next year for my first Coast 2 Coast. It sucks having to make the tough decisions on which events to cut, especially when the one I might cut is in my own backyard.

But if I can make it happen, gosh darn it I will.

Yay!! I'm in next year for the 5k and DDD and room is booked. Hopefully next year will be big w/ the 10th and 60th anniversaries.

Yay!! I'm in next year for the 5k and DDD and room is booked. Hopefully next year will be big w/ the 10th and 60th anniversaries.

Good point! I bet the medals will be awesome.

Last year I booked a room way ahead of time, I ended up switching to a different hotel (Park vue inn - Loved it!) But totally forgot to cancel the original hotel and was billed for one nights stay. My bad. I won't let that happen again.

Can someone explain how the DDD registration works? Do you just register for the DDD and that automatically puts you in the 10k and Half? Or do you have to register for all three?

Can someone explain how the DDD registration works? Do you just register for the DDD and that automatically puts you in the 10k and Half? Or do you have to register for all three?

If you're doing DDD, you just register for that and you are automatically in the 10k and half. If you want to do the 5k as well, you have to register for that separately. You'll have 1 bib for the 5k and then 1 that you'll use for both the 10k and the half.

Yes, one of the options at registration is the Dumbo Double Dare and if you are looking to do both the half and the 10k and receive the DDD medal as well, you have to sign up for this option. You'll "automatically" be registered for both races. You cannot sign up for the half and the 10k separately and earn the DDD medal.

If the official registration date is Feb 10th, how long before that can we expect the Annual Pass/DVC pre-registration to open?

If the official registration date is Feb 10th, how long before that can we expect the Annual Pass/DVC pre-registration to open?

It's usually about about 6 days before. My guess is it will be either February 3rd or 4th.

I second that!!Thanks Sgt. Tibbs for getting this thread going. :thumbsup2 I almost did it myself two weeks ago - when I booked our room at the BWPPI. Seriously, already have the hotel booked. :blush:

I am hoping to get myself and DS (17) into the DDD. I know it goes quickly though! :goodvibes

This will be our first half-marathon and our first trip to Disneyland and the first half of our coast-to-coast. We are looking to do the W&D half as well in November 2015. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter