Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

What a week out in Disneyland I had! Still can't believe that after 8 months of planning it's all over but at least I have my first 1/2 marathon medal to show for it!

You picked a great event to run your first half. We throw our time expectations out the window with runDisney events, just too many distractions, photos, and fun to get stressed out over time. Congrats on earning that medal.

Did anyone else see the group dressed as the characters from Inside Out at the 5K? Those were some of the better costumes I have seen.

Regarding the corral line jumpers, my wife was in corral C for the half on Sunday. After I got the notification she had started at 5:48, I made my way over to the area between the two parks to see her pass, I believe it was mile 1.8 or something. A minute or two after I got over there, two younger ladies went by. They both had on bibs but I was unable to see which corral they had listed on them. Both were walking at a very leisurely pace chatting and laughing with each other, neither had broken a sweat, and, please know I'm not trying to be rude, but neither looked as though they should be at that point in the race. This was around 5:55 and, even if they started at the very front of corral A, I can't imagine they would have made it 1.8 miles in 25 minutes.

Did anyone else see the group dressed as the characters from Inside Out at the 5K? Those were some of the better costumes I have seen.

Regarding the corral line jumpers, my wife was in corral C for the half on Sunday. After I got the notification she had started at 5:48, I made my way over to the area between the two parks to see her pass, I believe it was mile 1.8 or something. A minute or two after I got over there, two younger ladies went by. They both had on bibs but I was unable to see which corral they had listed on them. Both were walking at a very leisurely pace chatting and laughing with each other, neither had broken a sweat, and, please know I'm not trying to be rude, but neither looked as though they should be at that point in the race. This was around 5:55 and, even if they started at the very front of corral A, I can't imagine they would have made it 1.8 miles in 25 minutes.

I think this is the group dressed as Inside Out that you saw... http://noguiltlife.com/2015-disneyland-5k-race-recap/ the group pic is towards the bottom.

And though I wasn't at the Disneyland Half but this thread has definitely inspired me to start training for Star Wars in January! I hope we don't have the same corral issues you guys had.

How well did the selfie stick ban work for y'all?
Only saw one lady with one standing in our corral but definitely a lot less than what I usually see.

I think this is the group dressed as Inside Out that you saw... http://noguiltlife.com/2015-disneyland-5k-race-recap/ the group pic is towards the bottom.

And though I wasn't at the Disneyland Half but this thread has definitely inspired me to start training for Star Wars in January! I hope we don't have the same corral issues you guys had.
Disgust is Kim Malarkey she is famous for her costumes in the rundisney community. She also runs a blog and is often on the Mickey milers podcast.

I can only speak for the Star Wars 10k, but the corral spacing was fantastic at Star Wars. We thought they had finally figured out the DL corral thing. Apparently we were wrong. Star Wars race weekend was run fantastically, it was probably my favorite of them all (so far).

How well did the selfie stick ban work for y'all?
Only saw one lady with one standing in our corral but definitely a lot less than what I usually see.
I think I only saw 1 the entire trip. :) :thumbsup2 Forget where it was though.

Anyone else have castle pics on your marathonfoto yet? I know they snapped some as we were running through.

Anyone else have castle pics on your marathonfoto yet? I know they snapped some as we were running through.

My mum has some good ones, but I don't have any. I don't think they got me - no photos of me at the stadium either, pretty disappointed :sad1:

Haven't seen any yet. We have one on our camera phone but nothing on the MF site yet. Maybe they will add more pics soon.
They captured a great pic of DW & I in front of the WOC fountains and Mickey Wheel so we are definitely ordering a few.

If you have a few hours (not joking) make sure you go through the "unidentified" photos. I think they are done going through photos as they usually don't start posting about looking at your photos until they are done.

Has anyone noticed on the certificate from RD that the 10km time is the same as the net time for the half. My husband's is the same too.

I have a castle photo for the 10k. Nothing for the half. My brother has castle 10k photos, half photo & half video. I've looked through unidentified and found nothing.

Has anyone noticed on the certificate from RD that the 10km time is the same as the net time for the half. My husband's is the same too.
My times are both correct on the Dumbo certificate as well as my brothers. I think I read on a facebook group someone saying there's were the same like you mentioned, strange.

YES, I can now confirm. Just a few hours ago, we checked the MF site andhad 10k Castle pics, at least 4 of them. Maybe more will show up?

@pamster........ (You are still planning for Dopey 2018 though, right?)

Of course!!! Trying to talk Mrs. Slogger into doing it too.
You in?

Spoke with a nice young lady from PA on Sunday morning on way to corrals who also heard Dopey may not be around much longer.

#panicattack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter