Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

I agree the shirts were wider than normal...i had a Large and it was too big but then the medium was way too small so I stuck with the large.

That's interesting on the shirts. I always get women's cut M for Run Disney and they fit the same as always (I think anyways). I think my brother's Larges all fit him the same too as past ones. There was one shirt on the rack, it was white & a men's cut (lots left of them Friday afternoon so I guess not popular), but it seemed very wide in it's style & a baggy fit. I do remember reading someones Dopey post in January saying she thought one of her shirts fit different, so I pulled them all out of the bag and checked to see if they would fit then and there. I do wish sizing was consistent in shirts.

Had a great time in CA on my first Disney race! I only encountered two "problems":
1) I was surprised by the number of slower runners so early in the 10K course. I was in B and was expecting it to be crowded, and I understand the run/ walk concept, but was shocked at the number of people walking before the first turn after the start.
2) During the half I failed to properly secure my sunglasses and realized that I dropped them REALLY early after the start. Sorry to anyone in C or later that had to step over them!
After reading some experiences from the Expo I was pleasantly surprised that we were in line and done at the official merch area in about 25-30 minutes on Friday afternoon. The "I Did It" shirts were only available in S and XL when we got there, luckily I needed the XL so I got everything I was hoping for. Am now hoping I don't wind up kicking myself for not getting the C2C shirt even though I will complete the C2C at F&W. My vacation hadn't been approved for November...now it is (thank goodness 'cause everything is paid for already!).

Overall I felt things went REALLY smoothly and I'm glad everyone on this board helped me to go into the weekend realizing that runDisney events are about the fun, not necessarily about the pace or setting a PR. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INFO BEFORE I GOT THERE!! :worship:

That's interesting on the shirts. I always get women's cut M for Run Disney and they fit the same as always (I think anyways). I think my brother's Larges all fit him the same too as past ones. There was one shirt on the rack, it was white & a men's cut (lots left of them Friday afternoon so I guess not popular), but it seemed very wide in it's style & a baggy fit. I do remember reading someones Dopey post in January saying she thought one of her shirts fit different, so I pulled them all out of the bag and checked to see if they would fit then and there. I do wish sizing was consistent in shirts.

I ended up keeping my M in the 5k shirt because it was SOO heavy and I don't like those kind of shirts to be too tight. Plus, I liked the length and eventually think I'll cut it into a tie-back tank top.

I did end up trading my Half shirt in, from a medium to a large. I like my shirts to run a little bit longer, so I usually size up. I obviously picked a medium when I registered, but after ordering the same style of shirt in the "I'm Training For" for Dopey and GSC (I ordered those in a large), I knew I would want a large over the medium - mostly for the length.

I bought my Coast to Coast shirt in Medium, because the Large was WAY too wide when I tried it on, albeit over another shirt. So, there's that.

I agree the shirts were wider than normal...i had a Large and it was too big but then the medium was way too small so I stuck with the large.

I thought this races shirts were a bit bigger. DH and I were just discussing this the other day.

A tiny TR from me:

I love love love Dinseyland and cannot wait to go back someday. I know it will be a while but it was just so intimate and magical. There were ALOT of things we didn't get to do so I know I'll be back someday.

We really enjoyed the meet up at the Tiki Room! Special shout out to @SgtTibbs and @Keels for showing us around some rides afterward! It was a blast to hang with you and ride Matterhorn twice in a row. :) I'm pretty sure my back and neck still hurt, lol. I missed meet ups for other groups that I am in and would see all of these people that I follow or interact with on Instagram..and didn't speak to them. (I can be a bit reserved). I kept pointing people out to DH..I follow her on Instragram, etc and telling them all about the person. His response would be, why don't you just go talk to them?? @Ariel484 I'm pretty sure I spotted you several times. Looked like you and your girls had a fantastic trip.

For the most part, all of our meals were fantastic! I think we spent most of our time in DCA bc of the perfect afternoon drink spots. Regretting it a little since we seemed to have missed out on a lot at DL. The anniversary party was clutch! We got to ride lots of rides that we would have had to waited SUPER long for during the regular day, so given the opportunity, I would do it again.

The 5K was such a blast and glad I got to hang with @Keels before the race start! The 10K was probably my most favorite..so much park time!! The half: loved the cars lining the streets! It was a great distraction. DH and I struggled after going through the stadium, the sun and heat had kicked in but we still finished with a decent time.

Overall: Would I do DL half weekend again...HECK YES! I don't know when, but I'll be back for sure. Maybe for the 15th or 20th year anniversary. DH and I are talking about the Star Wars challenge for 2016, so who knows.

I missed meet ups for other groups that I am in and would see all of these people that I follow or interact with on Instagram..and didn't speak to them. (I can be a bit reserved). I kept pointing people out to DH..I follow her on Instragram, etc and telling them all about the person. His response would be, why don't you just go talk to them?? @Ariel484 I'm pretty sure I spotted you several times. Looked like you and your girls had a fantastic trip.
Sooooo...same. I am a bit shy in person. Definitely saw you and your husband a few times and was too shy to say hi. :guilty:

Now I feel like a creeper! :rotfl2:

OMG, okay, I feel way better now. Next time, I'll definitely say hi! :wave:
I'll say hi next time, for sure! :wave:

In the interest of full disclosure...I saw @Keels too, after the 5K, and didn't say anything. :guilty:

Though thinking about it more I think she was done and I was still on the course, so that would have been pretty weird to shout "HEY KEELS!" from the race course! :p

My race shirt felt big too, but I still kept it since I prefer it to be looser than tight. I think I'm in between XS and S. I got XS shirts at Tink and they were a bit too snug but the S is quite loose. However, my I Did It shirt is huge (size S). I don't know if XS was even an option since when I went S was the smallest size. I hope it shrinks. The small I Did It shirt I bought from Tink online (polyester instead of cotton) fits well though. Inconsistent sizing makes me crazy.

In the interest of full disclosure...I saw @Keels too, after the 5K, and didn't say anything. :guilty:

Though thinking about it more I think she was done and I was still on the course, so that would have been pretty weird to shout "HEY KEELS!" from the race course! :p

AWWWW, MAN!!! :(

The 5K was such a blast and glad I got to hang with @Keels before the race start!

I'll be honest - I was stressing PRETTY bad on Friday morning, so between seeing sweet @zanzibar138 and her husband at the corral gate, and then getting to hang with the fabulous @mbwhitti in the corral right up until start time REALLY helped calm my nerves in a major way.

Was one of my favorite things of the whole trip!

My race shirt felt big too, but I still kept it since I prefer it to be looser than tight. I think I'm in between XS and S. I got XS shirts at Tink and they were a bit too snug but the S is quite loose. However, my I Did It shirt is huge (size S). I don't know if XS was even an option since when I went S was the smallest size. I hope it shrinks. The small I Did It shirt I bought from Tink online (polyester instead of cotton) fits well though. Inconsistent sizing makes me crazy.

The mens' shirts seemed a bit big, too. I worked SO HARD to shrink down from an XXL to an XL. I felt like a total B.A. when the XL felt so big. :D

The mens' shirts seemed a bit big, too. I worked SO HARD to shrink down from an XXL to an XL. I felt like a total B.A. when the XL felt so big. :D
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I was thinking the same thing bc I got the same size as previous RD race shirts. I was like, heck yea, I've lost a few pounds, lol. :tiptoe:

Sooooo...same. I am a bit shy in person. Definitely saw you and your husband a few times and was too shy to say hi. :guilty:

Now I feel like a creeper! :rotfl2:

OMG, okay, I feel way better now. Next time, I'll definitely say hi! :wave:

I'll be honest - I was stressing PRETTY bad on Friday morning, so between seeing sweet @zanzibar138 and her husband at the corral gate, and then getting to hang with the fabulous @mbwhitti in the corral right up until start time REALLY helped calm my nerves in a major way.

Was one of my favorite things of the whole trip!

Aww that's so nice Keels! I'm usually the very shy reserved type too. It was only because I knew without any doubt that it was definitely you, and you were basically walking right past us that I had the courage to yell out! I may have seen a couple of others around and about too, but wasn't sure enough to want to make a fool of myself if it wasn't them lol!

Having said that, it totally made my day the couple of times people recognised me :goodvibes So maybe I should have made more of an effort.

What a great race weekend! I feel like I'm just getting caught up and back into real life now. My DD and I spent 10 days (including travel days) altogether. This was my 3rd DL race weekend, I just love, love their races. :)

I pretty much left off reading the thread on the actual race weekend. I've read a few updates here and there and it seemed like most everyone enjoyed it!
My question is, has anyone discussed the 10th Anniversary Party at DL? DD and I went and I was curious as to what others thought about it.

As I mentioned in a PP, I got DW the wrong size Coast to Coast shirt at the expo. Also, no offense to anyone who prefers DLR to WDW, but when we got home we both agreed we didn't get the same Disney feeling as we usually do. This past Sunday, I was playing around and casually mentioned to her that we could do a quick long weekend trip to WDW in November and hit up the Wine and Dine expo so she could get her shirt and also go to the Wine and Dine festival. That Sunday also happens to be the first day of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Needless to say, I was SHOCKED when her face lit up and she agreed. The plane tickets and hotel were booked on Monday and we are going back!!! This will actually be our third trip to Disney this year after WDW marathon weekend in January and the DLR half marathon weekend.

Now I just have to hope they actually have some of the Coast to Coast shirts left when we get there Saturday :).

Does anyone know if there is link of video on the cars we ran past on mile 7 & 8. Would like to share it with friends

Does anyone know if there is link of video on the cars we ran past on mile 7 & 8. Would like to share it with friends
Not specifically, but if you youtube search Disneyland half 2015 or Dumbo Double Dare 2015 people's videos come up and some have the cars I think. I have like a 10-15 sec clip I could upload with my other video of the races if I ever get around to it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter