Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

How do you add borders and stickers to Disneyland Photopass photos?? Am I missing something or is it not an option on the west coast?

When they changed the DL Photo Pass system earlier this year they removed the option for the borders/autographs. I always loved those so I was bummed!
When the $39 per day deal bombed and they brought back the multi-day option I saw a rumor that said the boarders would be back soon too. But maybe not in time for our photos?

Not only am I missing photos, and none of the overlays are there- there are several photos where my DD and I were side by side and they cut her out. Or you can see half of her. And there is not a photo of her at all from a different angle. Very strange. I can't use those in a scrapbook- what kinda of Mom would I be!
I am giving them tomorrow for other shots to show up and then calling for help.

Did anyone get photos of high-fiveing the characters just before the finish? Of course your bib doesn't show then, but I want those photos too.

They really need an unclaimed photo option!

@bevcgg I'm half debating adding a bib number that was close to mine in my photopass since a 6 looks like an 8 and looks like a 9. I can delete them if I don't like them but I know I'm missing a LOT of photos.

The "I did it" banners are on the photos. And whomever did mine was an IDIOT. They put the banner on my face!! :rotfl:

image.jpeg

edit: I just noticed they cropped the pic so it's horizontal and you can't see the medals. Why?

Last edited:

The "I did it" banners are on the photos. And whomever did mine was an IDIOT. They put the banner on my face!! :rotfl:

View attachment 193059

edit: I just noticed they cropped the pic so it's horizontal and you can't see the medals. Why?

I have two versions on mine. A cropped one so it's horizontal and a regular portrait one. Could they still be modifying? I only have 10k borders and C2C.

Quick question for all you runners that just got back...for Tink in May, staying at Best Western Park Place on Harbour, if I'm looking to fly out early Sunday morning (during the half) will I be stuck at my hotel due to road closures? I've looked at the info on several of the past Disneyland runs and I'm thinking that I might not be able to get a taxi on Sunday morning early to leave for the airport when I stay on Harbour? Am I thinking right? First disney run, let alone first time at Disneyland in May. Thought you just back folks might remember/know this situation. Thanks in advance!!

Quick question for all you runners that just got back...for Tink in May, staying at Best Western Park Place on Harbour, if I'm looking to fly out early Sunday morning (during the half) will I be stuck at my hotel due to road closures? I've looked at the info on several of the past Disneyland runs and I'm thinking that I might not be able to get a taxi on Sunday morning early to leave for the airport when I stay on Harbour? Am I thinking right? First disney run, let alone first time at Disneyland in May. Thought you just back folks might remember/know this situation. Thanks in advance!!
I would try calling the hotel. If the routes are the same, and it's along a closed route, they would have some way to make sure you can get in / out. I would suggest calling sooner rather than later, since they "just" dealt with this situation and the staff may be more knowledgeable right now. Also, may I ask what airport you're flying into and out of? I flew in/out of SNA / Orange County ("John Wayne") on the Sunday morning (literally got picked up like 10 min before the half started) and did SuperShuttle for about $10 per way. Downside was getting to the airport much earlier than needed but at least there was no traffic concern or "maybe missing my flight" worries. Good luck!!

View attachment 193059

I shouldn't like this, and DEFINITELY ridiculous, but it's almost so bad you should print it and hang it up. Who needs your face or your medal ? It clearly says you did it so that should be enough to prove it.:faint:
WTH :confused3

I would try calling the hotel. If the routes are the same, and it's along a closed route, they would have some way to make sure you can get in / out. I would suggest calling sooner rather than later, since they "just" dealt with this situation and the staff may be more knowledgeable right now. Also, may I ask what airport you're flying into and out of? I flew in/out of SNA / Orange County ("John Wayne") on the Sunday morning (literally got picked up like 10 min before the half started) and did SuperShuttle for about $10 per way. Downside was getting to the airport much earlier than needed but at least there was no traffic concern or "maybe missing my flight" worries. Good luck!!

I think all routes are different for the runs? Like, Tink goes somewhere completely different so there might not be the road closed there...

Okay, so some of the banners are showing up, but I am having the same issue with banner placement. I think I will give it a couple of days and look again.

Thanks for the info! I'll check with the hotel. My fear is booking an early Sunday flight and then I'm stuck and can't get out of the hotel! :) I looked at older Tink paths and it looked like it went that way, but I'm also a newbie to this all too. :) And yes, SNA is the airport! (Gosh, I can't wait until May for the 10k!!!)

I'm really disappointed to hear about all the photopass issues. The photopass for the Dark Side was great at WDW, the pics were so much better than Maratonfoto. My 2 kids and I are running the Avengers and was hoping for some good photos, I hope they have the kinks work out by then..

My Disney photopass pictures are pretty bad, too. (Dark, cut off, banners on my neck, no photos with any of the characters I high-fived, etc.) Just poor photography in general. Such a bummer! I will say that even though Marathonfoto doesn't look to be too popular on here or at Disney, I have always had better quality photos with them from several races outside of Disney. So, maybe it depends. Hopefully they will get the issues figured out for future races.:) Congratulations to all of you who ran and finished a race at Disneyland last weekend!! :)

Last edited:
I think I may take the medals with me to Disneyland this weekend and bug some photopass people to get pictures of me in front of the castle with them. And then meet some of the Fab 5 with the medals because I agree with @morganms22 -- my half photos look super dark and have bad shadowing. The 10K pics turned out ~awesome~ and I love all of them.

Cheer up guys. Avengers will probably be better :)

I'm really disappointed to hear about all the photopass issues. The photopass for the Dark Side was great at WDW, the pics were so much better than Maratonfoto. My 2 kids and I are running the Avengers and was hoping for some good photos, I hope they have the kinks work out by then..

The only photos I'm disappointed with are the backdrop photos. Those didn't seem to be setup with the best lighting, especially on the overcast day for the 10k. We were very easily able to adjust the lighting though just through the iPhone photos app.

Other than that, these photopass photos are a 100x better than Marathon photo for me. The lighting was great, and I actually have more than 3 photos. All of the previous times with Marathonphoto I would only have like 3 photos and 2 of them would be me and my group walking to the start.

I would have liked to get some of the high fiving Mickey photos, but I just don't see how they could have set up for that. But I know as I ran to the finish for the half I saw at least 3 photographers there trying to catch the finish and I appreciate that. I will share two of my favorites from the course.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

The only photos I'm disappointed with are the backdrop photos. Those didn't seem to be setup with the best lighting, especially on the overcast day for the 10k. We were very easily able to adjust the lighting though just through the iPhone photos app.

Other than that, these photopass photos are a 100x better than Marathon photo for me. The lighting was great, and I actually have more than 3 photos. All of the previous times with Marathonphoto I would only have like 3 photos and 2 of them would be me and my group walking to the start.

I would have liked to get some of the high fiving Mickey photos, but I just don't see how they could have set up for that. But I know as I ran to the finish for the half I saw at least 3 photographers there trying to catch the finish and I appreciate that. I will share two of my favorites from the course.

View attachment 193229 View attachment 193230
These two photos are great, thank you for sharing!!

I've been pleased with all my photos from the races. First of all, I actually have photos as opposed to the WDW races in January where I must've unknowingly run as Invisigirl because I had almost no pictures. Second, my DL photos turned out pretty good. No weird faces, good posture. I can hold it together for the two seconds I'm going by a photographer. :) Third, I thought it was easy to view and purchase the pics with the DL app on iPhone. image.jpegimage.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter