Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

Quick question for all you runners that just got back...for Tink in May, staying at Best Western Park Place on Harbour, if I'm looking to fly out early Sunday morning (during the half) will I be stuck at my hotel due to road closures? I've looked at the info on several of the past Disneyland runs and I'm thinking that I might not be able to get a taxi on Sunday morning early to leave for the airport when I stay on Harbour? Am I thinking right? First disney run, let alone first time at Disneyland in May. Thought you just back folks might remember/know this situation. Thanks in advance!!

Even if the course runs out on Harbor, the side of the street where the hotels are will still be "open" so you'll have an access route out. The only thing then is what kind of congestion there may be depending on when you plan to leave. But you should be fine!

Even if the course runs out on Harbor, the side of the street where the hotels are will still be "open" so you'll have an access route out. The only thing then is what kind of congestion there may be depending on when you plan to leave. But you should be fine!

Thank you!!!!!! :)

Morning! If anyone sees any of the merch on DisneyStore.com, could you let me know? I'd love to get a shirt. I was watching a vloggers vid on the expo and have non-buyers remorse ;)

Back to reality today. Had a great time at the DLH! It was our first trip to DL and I have to say I love it! We will be back. Due to major flight delays and lost baggage we did not spend as much time in the parks as I had planned but we did get to see PTN with AO dinner package and WOC with the dessert party. Very sad I missed the fireworks and every time I tried to ride HyperSpace Mountain it was down. We left CA on Monday and spent the rest of the week in Vegas which was great but I could have used a few more days in DLR! Hope everyone had a great experience. Now it is back to training for the C2C at the W&D in November.

Is Tinkerbell always on Mother's Day? Or just this year?
It was in January when it first began, but they moved it to Mother's Day to make room for Star Wars Light Side. It's been on Mother's Day in 2015 and 2016 and is scheduled for Mother's Day 2017, so I think it's safe to say that it's always Mother's Day until we hear otherwise.

Did anyone here run Dumbo or any of the races this weekend on a bib from Acclaim travel? I'm looking at doing that for Avengers. How does it work exactly? Do you still get your name on your bib at this point? Can you still get C2C? Any help would be appreciated.

Did anyone here run Dumbo or any of the races this weekend on a bib from Acclaim travel? I'm looking at doing that for Avengers. How does it work exactly? Do you still get your name on your bib at this point? Can you still get C2C? Any help would be appreciated.
I used them for princess and for my Dumbo bib that I got 2 months before the race. Everything was exactly the same as when I bought through runDisney. My name was on my bib and everything. I didn't do my C2C races with them but I don't see why that wouldn't be the same too. I bought through their website and had the link for their group sign up on active.com within hours. The active form was pretty much the same as the standard form too. It was really easy.

There is very little difference between using them and going direct through RunDisney. You pay Acclaim and they send you a link for pre-paid registration. Everything else is filled out as normal through the Active site. It has job impact on C2C or anything else that I can see. I used them for SWDS 5k (late registration to run with my wife in her 1st 5k) and Dumbo. I got my C2C just fine.

I just noticed that they changed my Dumbo I Did it! picture and the banner looks much better now!
I was noticing that they have added more photos and changed the banners

I called into Photopass on Monday and they said that the face banners were unintentional and they were going through all the photos to make sure they were okay. I just got an email that they've been fixed - YEAH! It actually looks decent now :)

So for Photopass in person.... I tried to go to California Adventure to have them printed out on Sunday and they couldn't access them! Worst part: they don't have special banners any more to put on the photos. So really what we have is what we have and you can't do all the fun extras like Memory Maker at WDW.

Just checking, anyone else having issues getting your photos to work on photopass. I got the email today and I keep trying to sync my photos and its not working with any of the 5 different codes I have for our family. It keeps telling me they can't find the pictures.

Just checking, anyone else having issues getting your photos to work on photopass. I got the email today and I keep trying to sync my photos and its not working with any of the 5 different codes I have for our family. It keeps telling me they can't find the pictures.

I would give them a call, although expect to wait on line a bit.

They have had major issues with the photo pass system/website the last few weeks. I purchased my photos but could not download them and needed the banners fixed, photos found, etc. They did all that but somehow locked my account so I can no longer see them- say nothing about download the photos. Nor can I make reservations. I have chatted with them several times on the phone and via emails with no luck they can not fix my account. Who knows why???

They are sending me a CD- I hope. But they keep mentioning all the problems the website is having.
Don't delay- call them.

I would give them a call, although expect to wait on line a bit.

They have had major issues with the photo pass system/website the last few weeks. I purchased my photos but could not download them and needed the banners fixed, photos found, etc. They did all that but somehow locked my account so I can no longer see them- say nothing about download the photos. Nor can I make reservations. I have chatted with them several times on the phone and via emails with no luck they can not fix my account. Who knows why???

They are sending me a CD- I hope. But they keep mentioning all the problems the website is having.
Don't delay- call them.

Thanks! I emailed them today, but I'm going to call them in the morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter