"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We got rained out last year. Well not really rained out, you could still do the people mover and trick or treat. No headless horseman, only one parade, The second one. They did do the fireworks and the first showing of the Sanderson sisters was only five minutes. So we did end up with six bags of candy between the three of us, only one ride done the whole night because most of the rides were outdoor rides and they were all closed, but honestly I'm doing it again this year. Unfortunately we were not able to be moved to another day so it left a sour taste in my brothers mouth so he wouldn't do it again. He did it at Disneyland one year and enjoyed it. I think it would be better if it wasn't a hard ticket and you didn't have to have a park ticket on top of this ticket, but oh well I'm still going.

We got rained out last year. Well not really rained out, you could still do the people mover and trick or treat. No headless horseman, only one parade, The second one. They did do the fireworks and the first showing of the Sanderson sisters was only five minutes. So we did end up with six bags of candy between the three of us, only one ride done the whole night because most of the rides were outdoor rides and they were all closed, but honestly I'm doing it again this year. Unfortunately we were not able to be moved to another day so it left a sour taste in my brothers mouth so he wouldn't do it again. He did it at Disneyland one year and enjoyed it. I think it would be better if it wasn't a hard ticket and you didn't have to have a park ticket on top of this ticket, but oh well I'm still going.

You don't have to have a park ticket to do the Halloween Party, you can enter the park for the party at 4:00 p.m. with just your party ticket. If you want to spend the whole day in the park, then yes - you'll need both a park ticket and a party ticket. Some people get one less day of tickets for their trip and then just do Disney Springs/hang at the resort on the party day.

You don't have to have a park ticket to do the Halloween Party, you can enter the park for the party at 4:00 p.m. with just your party ticket. If you want to spend the whole day in the park, then yes - you'll need both a park ticket and a party ticket. Some people get one less day of tickets for their trip and then just do Disney Springs/hang at the resort on the party day.
That is actually the opposite of what Ive been hearing.

This is what we do on our party days. We do something in the morning and then head to the MK at 4pm.

That is actually the opposite of what Ive been hearing.

There are some things that Disney does that you have to have a park ticket as well (e.g. Early Morning Magic, the dessert/fireworks parties, Tiana's riverboat/festival of fantasy event), but I'm 100% certain you do not need a park ticket to do the Halloween Party - just need to purchase the Halloween Party Ticket.

There are some things that Disney does that you have to have a park ticket as well (e.g. Early Morning Magic, the dessert/fireworks parties, Tiana's riverboat/festival of fantasy event), but I'm 100% certain you do not need a park ticket to do the Halloween Party - just need to purchase the Halloween Party Ticket.
Thank you, I just read something along those lines.

Unless something changes this year (which you never know!) I will second this information. We've done quite a few parties over the years and never needed a park ticket in addition to our party ticket to enter.

Unless something changes this year (which you never know!) I will second this information. We've done quite a few parties over the years and never needed a park ticket in addition to our party ticket to enter.
Last year was my first year, and I had gone to other parks before hand so I wasn't sure. Thank you.

We were at the party last Sunday, 10/2. We were already in the park, but we had our costumes in a locker while we did a few things in the late morning/afternoon. We picked them up and changed in the bathrooms by City Hall, and were able to get front row spots to watch festival of fantasy as it came down main street. Which was awesome -- all the characters commented on the girls tutus, and Goofy grabbed them in a big group hug. After the parade, we went to drop the stuff we wouldn't want to carry in the locker, and just hung out there until they started letting in party goers, which was around 3:45. We got our wristbands, walked through the bypass and got our trick or treat bags and candy, over to main street and got in line for photos, but bailed in favor of getting in line for Jack and Sally, which I think was the right call. My girls went to go ride Jungle Cruise, but it was closed due to lightning, so they came over to hang in line with me. We were the 5th group there; they were just setting up the meet and greet area when I got there. We were under the trees so had some cover from the downpour that came through, along with umbrellas and ponchos. As others have noted, J&S were delayed until 5:20 due to lightning (I was following along on the weather channel app, and they came out just about 30 minutes after a pretty close lightning strike), but we were through by 5:45. We headed over to CHH because the girls were starving, where we all ate and game-planned the rest of the night. We went down to Big Top Circus so I could get pins and a t-shirt, then grabbed a caramel apple and cake pop to share. We brought them to the line for the Pooh M&G, where we were 2nd in line for the party M&G and able to sit on the stone wall while eating our snacks. We were able to watch Tigger and Pooh finish up their last 2 regular sets, which was a lot of fun. At about 5 minutes to 7, they moved us into the queue, and the gang all came out right at 7. We were through the line by 7:05, with a great interaction, so we decided to grab our own group shot at the entrance to the Pooh ride and then ride through the Hundred Acre Woods.

We decided to do some trick or treating, so we hit the stops at PinnochioHouse, Peter Pan, Liberty Belle, and Tom Sawyer, walking slow to take in the atmosphere and look at people's costumes. From there, we found a spot for the parade in Frontierland, right next to the Westward Ho cart, where I picked up a poisoned apple stein. We were also looking for the Zero popcorn buckets, but I didn't see any. My youngest was starting to complain about itching; I think the leggings were trapping the sweat on her body. She was pretty miserable while waiting for the parade, but cheered up once it started. They were all surprised when the grave diggers made sparks on the ground right in front of them.

After the parade, we went over to Adventureland and rode Pirates with no wait. We hit the TOT spot there at the ride, at Jungle Cruise, and in the Tiki Room. We peeked at Genie, Jafar, and the Tarzan crew as we made our way to the old FP+ wishes area in front of Casey's. We had great spots leaning up against a railing, where we watched the Hocus Pocus show, Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes. My youngest was still miserable, although she seemed to at least tolerate the discomfort as long as she had my phone to play Minecraft on. ;) After the fireworks, we joined the massive crowd heading to HM, stopping for the HH Ghost magic shot -- no line at all! HM took about 20 minutes, and Madame Leota wasn't out while we waited, though we did see her as we exited. We thought the castmembers at the HM looked great. We crossed over to Tomorrowland to do Space Mountain as our last ride - no wait at all, they were letting you choose which side to went on. This apparently woke up the youngest -- when we exited, we saw Sully and Mike heading over to the dance party so we said hi, then hit our last TOT spot at COP -- I think they were trying to empty their bin into our bags! Walking away, Lotso was coming out for his last set, and he came over for quick high fives, and the girls confirmed that he smells like strawberries. We then grabbed our things from our locker and headed out, catching parts of the second parade as we walked down main street and completely forgetting our SOTMK cards.

I thought we did great. I had wanted to do more magic shots, and maybe try for more meet and greets, but the misery of the youngest nixed those ideas pretty quickly (she didn't even join in on the HH ghost one). I'm bummed we forgot to get our SOTMK cards, though. On the plus side, we beat the massive exit to the bus, so we were able to get seats when the first bus back to our resort pulled up.

This sounds like a great night!! We are going to our first MNSSHP this year and I'm already stalking the 2016 thread LOL. Can I ask how your view was for the Hocus Pocus show & Fireworks from where you were? And how early did you get to the old FP+ area by Caseys to see that stuff? Also, you went to the 1st parade right? How long before did you secure a spot for that? I see you did stuff in between parade and fireworks, that's good to know it's possible! We are hoping to meet Jack Sparrow at some point but not sure if there's enough time in between parade and getting a spot for fireworks. Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Put us also in the category of not using a park ticket for party day and just using our MNSSHP ticket to enter the park at 4pm. We just got enough park tickets for the other days and are just doing the party that one day/evening.

Put us also in the category of not using a park ticket for party day and just using our MNSSHP ticket to enter the park at 4pm. We just got enough park tickets for the other days and are just doing the party that one day/evening.
Thanks. This is what we plan to do, and we are planning on eating lunch at Ohana's for lunch and then maybe have a drink at Trader Sam's while we wait till four.

ARRRGGGHHHHH....LOL. its ok. It was just a lose plan. I guess we will do that earlier in the week and do the boathouse for lunch this day.

This is just me talking, but to me sometimes the whole 4-7 thing is overrated IMHO. For the September parties, it's hot as blazes that time of day and the sun can be oppressive if there are no clouds. Usually I wouldn't care about the heat but if you have any sort of heavy costume or something not very sweat-proof, it's no bueno.

Easy for me to say because we go often so those three hours aren't valuable park time for me. But given the choice I'd MUCH rather chill at Tambu or Trader Sam's for a bit, let the sun keep moving, and go closer to 7. :-) Just my perspective!

This is just me talking, but to me sometimes the whole 4-7 thing is overrated IMHO. For the September parties, it's hot as blazes that time of day and the sun can be oppressive if there are no clouds. Usually I wouldn't care about the heat but if you have any sort of heavy costume or something not very sweat-proof, it's no bueno.

Easy for me to say because we go often so those three hours aren't valuable park time for me. But given the choice I'd MUCH rather chill at Tambu or Trader Sam's for a bit, let the sun keep moving, and go closer to 7. :-) Just my perspective!
Agree with this. Unless this is your only time in MK, or want to line up early for a special character, I find little value in that time as well.

You do not want to be in the line with everyone else who thinks you can't get into the party until 7. Even if you don't want to enter at 4, don't wait TOO long.

Normally I would do this, but I would rather get a full eight hours in the park because its our free day so the morning will be off to rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter