Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

You expected it because people here talk about it. I have NEVER seen it at a Disney run. I created it at this one, purposely chatting to people even at the 10K when I was alone, because I was lonely and wanted to make it happen. But I really saw no groups talking to other groups. I don't know where the idea comes from that people will be chatty etc unless people here are making it happen.

Exactly. It happened to me because I made it happen. If I am standing around and I feel like chatting, I'll just say something about whatever is going on (the weather, the line we're in, etc.) or ask someone about their experience (whether it's their first race, if they're doing the GSC, etc.). Some people are chatty and take the bait. Some people don't. It's really only as good as the people you are near. The funny thing is, I am only that person at Disney. You are very unlikely to catch me talking to strangers anywhere else.

I have a pre-race recap and half marathon recap on my blog! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link or not, but it's in my signature. :)

Thanks! That was a lot of fun to read! You and your husband are too cute. If I could ever get mine to run a race with me I would be happy (and surprised) as could be! It looks like you had a great race and fun few days before . . . .We were at Harry Potter on the same day! Being the HP freak that I am though, I think I liked it more than you did ;)

Thanks! That was a lot of fun to read! You and your husband are too cute. If I could ever get mine to run a race with me I would be happy (and surprised) as could be! It looks like you had a great race and fun few days before . . . .We were at Harry Potter on the same day! Being the HP freak that I am though, I think I liked it more than you did ;)

Thank you!! He is normally way faster than me so I was thrilled that he agreed to run this with me. I wish they made an ENTIRE Harry Potter park instead of just the "lands". It seemed crazy to spend $300 for one day just to spend all our time in the relatively small WWoHP haha

Thank you!! He is normally way faster than me so I was thrilled that he agreed to run this with me. I wish they made an ENTIRE Harry Potter park instead of just the "lands". It seemed crazy to spend $300 for one day just to spend all our time in the relatively small WWoHP haha

That was the dilemma I had. I want to go, but it's so expensive for the little bit I care about.

Oh yeah I agree with you about that. I mean we found enough for a day with the little shows they do and stuff, but I would have loved more!

OK I just transferred all of my posts about races from my family blog over onto a new blog (in my signature). So my princess half report is on there. I'm not sure if I will get up the energy to do a TR about the rest of the trip though lol!

I have a pre-race recap and half marathon recap on my blog! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link or not, but it's in my signature. :)

Your recap was fun. Congratulations! You guys came in 4 minutes before I did. I think being in Corral D was certainly very helpful with congestion & character stops. However, "Cone Alley" was super congested & did a number on my psyche!

Your recap was fun. Congratulations! You guys came in 4 minutes before I did. I think being in Corral D was certainly very helpful with congestion & character stops. However, "Cone Alley" was super congested & did a number on my psyche!

Thanks! I definitely think Corral D was a good spot. I was so surprised at how crowded that back part was though! For such a huge race, you'd think they'd make an effort to give us more than a single little lane.

Great recap! Thanks for sharing, it's always so great to read other peoples' thoughts on their trip.

I, too, was in corral D and am so glad I submitted my proof-of-time to get me a higher corral. As it was, I found myself having to weave through people - I can only imagine how difficult it was for faster runners in later corrals. I wasn't one to stop for character photos, either, but I'm sure that would have been out of consideration if I had gotten a later corral time.

I found this blog link interesting for showing how many people were assigned to each corral for 2014 and 2015's GSC & PHM:
2015princess_corrals1.jpg

It certainly felt like there were more people in Corral E last year (which is where I was assigned). I would have guessed closer to 1,250-1,500. I'm wondering what the 2016 numbers will look like.

I, too, was in corral D and am so glad I submitted my proof-of-time to get me a higher corral. As it was, I found myself having to weave through people - I can only imagine how difficult it was for faster runners in later corrals. I wasn't one to stop for character photos, either, but I'm sure that would have been out of consideration if I had gotten a later corral time.

I found this blog link interesting for showing how many people were assigned to each corral for 2014 and 2015's GSC & PHM:
2015princess_corrals1.jpg

It certainly felt like there were more people in Corral E last year (which is where I was assigned). I would have guessed closer to 1,250-1,500. I'm wondering what the 2016 numbers will look like.

I too really can't wait to see what our 2016 numbers look like as it felt that Corral D was pretty packed. I was weaving around a lot of people but also felt as though a lot of people were passing me at the same time. Plus I felt as though Corral E was sent off really quickly after us but that could have been my imagination.

Like others, I typed up my recap for the half (the Expo, 5k, 10k & overall trip is in progress) and I put it on my blog. The link is below if anyone wants some lunchtime reading ;)

Like others, I typed up my recap for the half (the Expo, 5k, 10k & overall trip is in progress) and I put it on my blog. The link is below if anyone wants some lunchtime reading ;)
Fun write up! I love the picture of you in front of the castle with all of your medals! Congrats on working hard and doing a great race!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter