Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

So I was looking over stuff and working on my other recaps and I happened to look at a picture of the PHM Course in regards to where it enters Magic Kingdom. Did anyone ever notice that the entrance point is not exact? We don't go through the actual entrance, under the train station and up Main Street that way but on the side bypassing the actual entrance. At first I was "Hey, they got this wrong!" but then I was thinking that they probably don't have a map that shows the side/back entrance road so they're going as close as they can. I still found it interesting.

princesshalfmarathon2014.jpg

Borrowing this particular image from: https://rundisneybelle14.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/princesshalfmarathon2014.jpg?w=700

Where/how did you get that lovely thing? Can they be found for all disney races? Love it!

Yes, all certified courses can be found on the following USATF website (http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/search/). Just type in "Lake Buena Vista" in City and select Florida in the State dropdown, and you can see all the WDW races. Obviously, you would need to put Anaheim, CA for DL.

Courses are certified for 10 years, so oftentimes they are using a previously certified course (e.g. the 2013 Princess half marathon course is still in use).

Last edited:
I really, really wish they'd come out with some 22.3 memorabilia for those of us that ran all 3 races during PHM Weekend. :(
But, it's nice to see more rD merch available through the Disney Store online. It used to be very limited to 1 or 2 t-shirts, and maybe a baseball hat. I'm currently keeping my eye on the license plate frame, the water bottle, and the light blue rD performance tee (like I need more of those!!).

I really, really wish they'd come out with some 22.3 memorabilia for those of us that ran all 3 races during PHM Weekend. :(
But, it's nice to see more rD merch available through the Disney Store online. It used to be very limited to 1 or 2 t-shirts, and maybe a baseball hat. I'm currently keeping my eye on the license plate frame, the water bottle, and the light blue rD performance tee (like I need more of those!!).

I wish they did too! My best friend actually got me a necklace from Etsy that has all 3 races on it.

The selection on the Disney Store is usually really lacking on the runDisney merchandise...but my bank account is probably thankful for it.

I wish they'd put more rD stuff up there! I've been stalking the internet for the dark gray runDisney hoodie with orange writing for the past few weeks with no luck. And now I feel like not being able to have it is making me want it more! I hope it pops up on the website sometime soon. :confused3

I wish they'd put more rD stuff up there! I've been stalking the internet for the dark gray runDisney hoodie with orange writing for the past few weeks with no luck. And now I feel like not being able to have it is making me want it more! I hope it pops up on the website sometime soon. :confused3

Don't get me started. I'm still bitter about the pink runDisney shirt they had last year.

Did anyone here buy the pre-order jacket and/or tumbler that was available during registration? I know that designs are different year to year, but I was just curious what they looked like for a general idea in planning/budgeting for next year. TIA!

I did the one with the hat magnet and tumbler. Cast members at the event whom I asked about it (did my time at the official merch store before I'd picked everything up) said that the pattern was different than what was being sold at the store and that it was not a tervis. Only half right: it was a tervis. The logo matches the magnet and neither are that nice IMHO. Hat was good quality and does not have the same logo as tumbler and magnet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!