Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

Just had a thought - SW Celebration is in Orlando next April, the weekend before Dark Side. Maybe they're trying to do some coordination on that end?

Just had a thought - SW Celebration is in Orlando next April, the weekend before Dark Side. Maybe they're trying to do some coordination on that end?
Hmmmm, could be. When is that "celebration" because as I mentioned they've already adjusted the date for the Easter holiday.

I just did a quick google check and the SW Celebration @Mimsy Borogove is being held on the same weekend runDisney just had their run. So besides adjusting possibly for the Easter holiday, they also have a good reason to do so for that celebration in Orlando. I also just glanced by the Dark Side event tab on the runDisney website, and while they haven't changed the listing for next year's dates, if you click on the run you will see where they have asked the curious to keep checking back for information regarding the Dark Side run in 2017. I'm thinking this is a good sign. :yay:

the last mickey monitor gave the dates too. April 20-23,2017 and early registration August 2. Making me feel more confident the dates are also correct

Yup, I just rechecked as well with runDisney. They are still telling me registration for the public is August 9th @ 12EST, and the run dates are April 20-23, 2017. I asked when the runDisney website would be updated as I noticed the Tinker Bell marathon dates have already done so for 2017 and was told that they don't run the website but just keep checking and it will eventually do so.

Updated to a certain extent... it still states "Star Wars' most legendary villain, Darth Vader, the Galactic Empire's Sith Lord, reigns over the first-ever Star Wars Half Marathon – Dark Side at the Walt Disney World® Resort."

I think this should be "second-ever" now.
Agreed. As well as (and I'm hoping for) Cheer Sqaud and other party events.

Has a 2017 Dark Side thread been started? I looked, but I'm not seeing one yet. I don't have the time or patience to keep one updated, but I'll follow along if someone else starts one!

Has a 2017 Dark Side thread been started? I looked, but I'm not seeing one yet. I don't have the time or patience to keep one updated, but I'll follow along if someone else starts one!
I would also, as I don't have the knowledge to even start a thread as you call it.

Well I'm definitely happy that they're addressing the issue but I feel like they should have sent out an email to the participants to let us know. I wonder if we'll see T-shirts and magnets pop up too?
I agree 150%!! That was my thought as well!

Well I'm definitely happy that they're addressing the issue but I feel like they should have sent out an email to the participants to let us know. I wonder if we'll see T-shirts and magnets pop up too?

As a limited edition item that "sold out" during the event, I'd put my money on this being a box (or few) that got mislaid in a warehouse or misrouted during shipment and just didn't make it to the sales floor during the event. That's not to say that they may not find additional stock that didn't make it out during the event, but I would be shocked if this were newly-produced material.

How long did it take for each race to sell out during registration? I need to book myself in the Challege and my daughter in the 10k this year. We also have another mother/daughter team doing the 10k.

Also, can I book my daughter (10 years old) and myself at the same time or do I have to go through two different transactions?

FYI I went back and read all the posts from registration day last year, but I didn't see any times attached to the posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts