Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

For those of you interested, here is a summary of the 2017 brochure for Doppelmayr's gondola projects. (A link to the full brochure is included in the article)

http://gondolaproject.com/2017/05/16/doppelmayr-annual-brochure-2017/

At risk of sparking another five pages of comments from y'all, can't help but note that only one of these recent projects has A/C.

Personally, I think they all look neat, and am looking forward to the completed project in Florida. :)

I think your chasing this too far. Unless you work for dopplemayr and are in charge of AC development...what does the 2017 brochure have anything to do with the idea that they would likely insist it at TDO to agree?

They're trying the Eisner strategy of adding things to the other parks to keep attendance from sagging. It's great for us the customer but it didn't work great for Eisner. So all I can say is
IMG_0638.JPG
I'd say at least...

I think much of this stuff is targeted to be phased in 2019-2020 to pull the attention off the Star Wars land.

I know that while disney wants everyone and their dog to rush down there for 2 weeks...they do NOT want 6 hour lines...it's counter productive...

So they have to try and pick off the clientele that are neutral on Star Wars and keep their numbers as balanced as they can.

The Mickey ride is the highest priority by far...I'm gonna guess that ratatuoille is second...and the MK additions are 3rd...

I expect construction of those specific items to roll soon.

The space restaurant is of lower priority and is way more complex than we think...my guess.

Again - at this stage let's wait and see what we actually get.

Hey, at least you didn't call me Guinevere. :goodvibes

First: let's caveat this...
"AC" in the traditional sense may not be what we're talking about...but no climate control system...even if they are "dyson" type high speed fans that activate once the car leaves and are powered by a solar panel/hybrid battery type system...high efficiency and self sustaining. Something like that. No temperature control other than windows with floridas rain and heat is a non-starter.

Second..."Martin" is a great name...but "bob" is the only one that matters at all

Third...I was gonna go "Guinevere"...but I didn't think you had you hair done today...

First: let's caveat this...
"AC" in the traditional sense may not be what we're talking about...but no climate control system...even if they are "dyson" type high speed fans that activate once the car leaves and are powered by a solar panel/hybrid battery type system...high efficiency and self sustaining. Something like that. No temperature control other than windows with floridas rain and heat is a non-starter.

Second..."Martin" is a great name...but "bob" is the only one that matters at all

Third...I was gonna go "Guinevere"...but I didn't think you had you hair done today...

No one has implied that they won't have some sort of ventilation/air flow. If you had added this sudden "caveat" from the outset I doubt anyone would have disagreed with you.

ETA: you do know that lancelot and guinevere betray arthur, right?

No one has implied that they won't have some sort of ventilation/air flow. If you had added this sudden "caveat" from the outset I doubt anyone would have disagreed with you.

I'm evolving...

People looked at a basic concept art and said "windows"...or that climate control "wasn't planned/needed"...that is not the case.

Just like you're referring to what has been built prior...and my point is they have built for persnickety Disney's internal needs exaclty ZERO times prior...

I'm evolving...

People looked at a basic concept art and said "windows"...or that climate control "wasn't planned/needed"...that is not the case.

Just like you're referring to what has been built prior...and my point is they have built for persnickety Disney's internal needs exaclty ZERO times prior...

I have been very clear that I don't know what the final design will be. I have however, shared historical output and data from the rumored company's current portfolio and recent project completions. That's all we have by way of concrete data at this juncture. I like data and facts. I dislike seeing people argue or tear each other down over nondata and nonfacts. I'm also not a fan of gambling- especially over a Disney World transportation device- it strikes me as a wanton and unproductive use of time. If others enjoy it, that's great, proceed. I am only reminding the ship of the shoreline-usually that's something you appreciate.

I am thrilled that Disney is undertaking this project-innovation is what led to Walt's success-it was a driving life passion for him. From my perspective it's silly to tear the project down before it is even up. My stance is that no matter what they do it is an improvement, and I doubt they would half-donkey (the censorship on here is intense) such a landmark project- especially when their transportation needs the help.

Disney has a lot of flaws, but I don't see the possible decision to refrain from installing air conditioning units onto individual gondola cabs as one of them. I am choosing to trust that the final design will work for the largest audience possible in the most conditions possible. If it flubs, I'm still glad they tried.

Can't believe what they are creating down here. Just crazy.

Hoping to read more on here, way behind, thanks for the updates.

Spectacular morning at Pandora.

1500389771775.jpg

I have been very clear that I don't know what the final design will be. I have however, shared historical output and data from the rumored company's current portfolio and recent project completions. That's all we have by way of concrete data at this juncture. I like data and facts. I dislike seeing people argue or tear each other down over nondata and nonfacts. I'm also not a fan of gambling- especially over a Disney World transportation device- it strikes me as a wanton and unproductive use of time. If others enjoy it, that's great, proceed. I am only reminding the ship of the shoreline-usually that's something you appreciate.

I am thrilled that Disney is undertaking this project-innovation is what led to Walt's success-it was a driving life passion for him. From my perspective it's silly to tear the project down before it is even up. My stance is that no matter what they do it is an improvement, and I doubt they would half-donkey (the censorship on here is intense) such a landmark project- especially when their transportation needs the help.

Disney has a lot of flaws, but I don't see the possible decision to refrain from installing air conditioning units onto individual gondola cabs as one of them. I am choosing to trust that the final design will work for the largest audience possible in the most conditions possible. If it flubs, I'm still glad they tried.

This is the hardest part now: waiting to see. Personally I don't think anyone wants them to fail. That's why there's some strong opinions here. I dont' think it needs to be full on bus level, get your sweater out in august a/c. But airflow is necessary. There's lawyers and engineers paid the big (enough) bucks to figure all this out. If they don't, they'll pay the bigger price once lady justice has her way with them.

Martin is a source from WDWMagic. He got everything at D23 right.

Did he have the restaurant? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. Also pretty sure he said we were seeing Inside Out in imagination, which we didn't. Martin is about as good a source as exist, but his track record isn't 100%, it's probably 80 %.

Did he have the restaurant? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. Also pretty sure he said we were seeing Inside Out in imagination, which we didn't. Martin is about as good a source as exist, but his track record isn't 100%, it's probably 80 %.
He made a comment prior to the announcement about dining but didn't mention what or where. Martin did not say Inside Out in Imagination actually.

There's lots of talk...

The announcements I'm most excited for are the Brazil/Spain pavilions, inside out in imagination, the living with the land Redo, and the new concept for innoventions...and the coco overlay for Mexico...and the Mary poplins ride In the tea shop...

I wouldnt say those have been dispelled they just weren't for D23

Martin's specific D23 predictions were correct everything he said would be said was said, he may not have included 2 (restaurant and theater) but all the points he told us would be discussed were.

There's lots of talk...

The announcements I'm most excited for are the Brazil/Spain pavilions, inside out in imagination, the living with the land Redo, and the new concept for innoventions...and the coco overlay for Mexico...and the Mary poplins ride In the tea shop...
Look I get it. Did you watch the parks panel? Chapek said this is just the beginning for World Showcase. There is no living with the land redo but an update is rumored.

The "insiders" had a good day...but they've had some ridiculously awful ones as well...

...the same people.

My point: as usual, the company is likely feeding this stuff to direct the crowd/control the message. We saw them do it for years when they were cheap...we see them doing it now when they are getting a little desperate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter