Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

I would recommend Goofys. Really easy to get to from the finish and you can wait for traffic to clear out if your not staying on property. We've done it several times post race at Disneyland. Both with and without ADRs.

I second Goofys. We were there several times after 10ks. It is a nice variety of food and the character interaction is terrific.

Oooooh ... do Sleeping Beauty! Just think of the photo potential in front of the castle!!

We're doing Monsters U. Cheer Squad of the 10K - because it's Monsters Inc.-themed.
And then we're going to be Andy's Toys for the Half - again, because Toy Story Half!

Have to agree. Sleeping Beauty I shall be. I have a pink SparkleSkirt and pink tank. I just ordered a new tiara.

Five days down, one to go!

Ended up adding an extra day, so I've got these things planned:

Wednesday:
Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour
Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience

Thursday:
World of Color Dessert Party

Friday:
Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza Inn

Saturday:
Cafe Orleans Lunch (come at me, monte cristo and pomme frites!)
Wine County Trattoria Dinner

Sunday:
Steakhouse 55 Brunch
Carthay Circle Dinner

Just gotta leave a voicemail for Napa Rose Chef's Counter in the morning, and I'll be all set!

Oh very nice! Sounds like some fun eating!

Last edited:
I wanted to have dinner at Naples on Sept 2nd and the only times available for a party of 1 are 3:30 and 8:30. Sigh. I took the 3:30 but I'm hoping to find something more like 6. Is the online and phone availability the same? I've been looking online.

I ate at Naples before my last DL rD race and I wanted to do so again. I love their pizza.

I wanted to have dinner at Naples on Sept 2nd and the only times available for a party of 1 are 3:30 and 8:30. Sigh. I took the 3:30 but I'm hoping to find something more like 6. Is the online and phone availability the same? I've been looking online.

I ate at Naples before my last DL rD race and I wanted to do so again. I love their pizza.

Naples is owned by the Patina Group, not Disney - and if it's like their other offerings (like Catal and Morimoto Asia at WDW), you might definitely have some luck giving them a call ASAP.

The number is 714-776-6200. Be sure to tell them you already have a 3:30 reservation, but are running and hope they might be able to accommodate a solo diner. They should be helpful!

OK - so, now that my plans have kind of come together ... here goes:

Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Happy Hour Meet-up!
When:
Saturday
Where: Sonoma Tasting Terrace in California Adventure (across from CarsLand - next to Wine County Trattoria)
Time: 2-3 p.m.
What: Like my other meet-ups, I'll run a tab for the first round of drinks of your choice - beer, wine, water, Powerade ... you name it!

Last edited:

I was originally going to make reservations for the Carnation Cafe for some post-half breakfast, but after reading the recommendations here I went ahead with Goofy's Kitchen. Having to deal with outgoing traffic the last time I ran the half made me want to make sure to get a breakfast reservation on property and wait out the traffic.

Planning on being there Thursday to Monday. But may be done with work in the area on the Sunday before, so looks like that chance of a weeklong trip (plus CHOC walk thrown in for good measure).

Costumes:
5K- Syndrome from The Incredibles....Still need to find a white speedo

10K-Mike I think

Half-probably my Home For Our Troops gear. Fox Sports is doing a feature on the team for the weekend so gotta represent. Back up plan is Pizza Planet Aliens from Toy Story.

Thinking about adding in a WOC desert party to the schedule as well. Friend performs in Pixar Play Parade, so need to catch that a couple times.

Sunday-CHOC WALK
Monday-Disneyland
Tuesday-Universal
Wednesday-relax (whats that?) dinner at Tangaroa Terrace
Thursday-Expo/Carthay WOC package mmmmmmmmm
Friday-5K/ Pizza Port (my traditional friday lunch)
Saturday-10K / Dis Meet :) / HFOT dinner
Sunday-Half / Bengal BBQ (my fav) / Fantasmic dining package
Monday (Labor Day)
Tuesday-Start a work project for 2 weeks at The Block of Orange. So will likely stop in for fireworks/fantasmic/pixar when possible.

Medals last year came out August 1, which was a Thursday. This year it's a Tuesday... if we keep in the tradition of "Medal Monday" I wonder if we'll get them July 31st.

Time to start taking bets on when we will see medals! :D

I might have missed this but are there characters out before and after the race like they are in Disneyworld?

Blue Bayou just changed up their menu so it's an all day menu. No more Monte Christo for those who are fans of it (not my thing personally but I know a lot of people do like it). I grabbed a late lunch reservation for it since they now actually have food I like on their lunch menu.

Blue Bayou just changed up their menu so it's an all day menu. No more Monte Christo for those who are fans of it (not my thing personally but I know a lot of people do like it). I grabbed a late lunch reservation for it since they now actually have food I like on their lunch menu.

I thought about doing a Fantasmic! package there for just me before my friends and husband arrive ... and, just nope.

That lunch menu is just plain ridiculous! No lunch entrees under $30? I know that it comes with a soup or salad, but still ... I can get far-superior Lobster Nachos and a margarita at Cove Bar for less than that before tip.

I'm glad I've dined there once, but that was definitely enough for me. :crazy2:

Anyone else fearing this may be the last rundisney disneyland weekend until at least 2019. With all the pending construction planned that was announced at d23, I am fearing the worst. I just don't know how they can do a safe and enjoyable course if they plan to do all that construction at california adventure and with star wars land still in the works for 2018.

I am taking this upcoming run at disneyland as the last in a while and enjoy every minute of it.

By the way, anyone get when construction for pixar and marvels will begin? I am starting to think maybe its not all anaheim and permits. Maybe its this d23 announcement they were holding out for. They couldn't say anything because it was under wraps for d23. Therefore, maybe the star wars resistance race will be ok, but tinkerbell, disneyland, and avengers for 2018 is a no go if all this construction starts by then. Hence, star wars has a date but tinkerbell doesn't.

Last edited:
Anyone else fearing this may be the last rundisney disneyland weekend until at least 2019. With all the pending construction planned that was announced at d23, I am fearing the worst. I just don't know how they can do a safe and enjoyable course if they plan to do all that construction at california adventure and with star wars land still in the works for 2018.

I am taking this upcoming run at disneyland as the last in a while and enjoy every minute of it.

By the way, anyone get when construction for pixar and marvels will begin? I am starting to think maybe its not all anaheim and permits. Maybe its this d23 announcement they were holding out for. They couldn't say anything because it was under wraps for d23. Therefore, maybe the star wars resistance race will be ok, but tinkerbell, disneyland, and avengers for 2018 is a no go if all this construction starts by then. Hence, star wars has a date but tinkerbell doesn't.

I think the only one guaranteed in 2018 is Disneyland Half, just because of the longevity of the race and the need for a West Coast race. I think the course for Tink as we know it is DOA ... it's mostly neighborhoods in the area of Disneyland and stays very close to property whereas the DLH and Avengers course venture further out into less populated and trafficked areas. It's a lot easier to close off one lane of a major roadway for a road race (DLH/Avengers) as opposed to closing off entire neighborhoods and downtown areas (Tink) - which stinks, because I love that Tink course ... but I could see why residents could tire of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter