******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnmhouston

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

It doesn't look like there is an official thread yet, and it was suggested that I could begin one myself. Please point me in the direction to the thread if there already is one.

If there is not one, and this is the start then go ahead and feel free to dream, speculate, watch, and wait with the rest of us hoping for a release in the Spring for dates that we are all planning for :-)

What are you all hearing, if anything yet?

What are you hoping for in terms of release and promo dates?

Will you plan the trip regardless of release or not?

Questions are endless, and the sky is the limit. Just please be respectful of others and be kind to one another :-)

Last edited:
We are going October 4-10. I have read that October never gets free dining so although I would love it I am likely out of luck. We are booked at a value with deluxe dining and are going regardless. We have already paid in full so it would be nice if a discount came out that allowed us to upgrade to a moderate for little to know money.

We are going October 4-10. I have read that October never gets free dining so although I would love it I am likely out of luck. We are booked at a value with deluxe dining and are going regardless. We have already paid in full so it would be nice if a discount came out that allowed us to upgrade to a moderate for little to know money.

Welcome! We are booked in a value for last week in August. We chose this week as it has typically been included in the promo and the crowds are lower than rest of summer. We have been able to take advantage of free dining a few times and it just works really well for us. We upgrade to the basic dining plan from the quick service you get with the value resort booking.

Good luck to us both!!

I'm booked for 12/9-12/16. I'm hoping, based on last year's dates, that we're looking good for the free dining but you never know! We got lucky last year - checked in the Sunday after Thanksgiving, right in the middle of a three day window for free dining. The only part of free dining i don't look forward to is the inevitable leftover snack credits the last day. We end up running around using them up on snacks for the car ride home!

I'm booked for 12/9-12/16. I'm hoping, based on last year's dates, that we're looking good for the free dining but you never know! We got lucky last year - checked in the Sunday after Thanksgiving, right in the middle of a three day window for free dining. The only part of free dining i don't look forward to is the inevitable leftover snack credits the last day. We end up running around using them up on snacks for the car ride home!

I hear ya on the snack credits! We normally use them for breakfast (donut, muffin, bagel etc) and if we want a snack later in the day we have either the dessert with the quick service lunch or pay oop for a kiosk snack :-). Works out well for us.

I plan on using snack credits for breakfast items. It seems like the best use of them.

The only part of free dining i don't look forward to is the inevitable leftover snack credits the last day. We end up running around using them up on snacks for the car ride home!

Don't forget that this year you get 2 snacks per person per night! Use them during your stay for everything instead of saving them for most expensive.

Looking to go sometime in the fall and stay at a moderate. Do you all prefer Caribbean Beach or Coronado (as I don't think PO resorts will count towards DDP)?

Looking to go sometime in the fall and stay at a moderate. Do you all prefer Caribbean Beach or Coronado (as I don't think PO resorts will count towards DDP)?

POR (not POFQ) was part of the FD offer last year, though I believe some of the dates were blacked out. The rooms offered at POR went fast! The number of rooms offered for the promotion was probably really limited.

I would choose CS over CBR.

Following. We're going the end of Aug, hoping for free dining for Caribbean Beach but if not we will do a room only discount.

Already booked at rack rate for Nov 13-17, FD would be a nice perk but really hopeing for a nice resort discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!