******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had booked 11/26 - 12/3 last year, and when SW released their airfares flying out Saturday was outrageous. So we added a room only on 11/25 and and flew out Black Friday. Saved over $400 on flights by flying Friday instead of saturday or Sunday.

Thank you! So, how were the crowds at that time last year? And the weather? I love Black Friday shopping but not as much as I LOVE Disney :)

This doesn't work all the time and when it does has to be the same place. Mainly reports are coming back that some have been able to do it at resorts. This changed this year.

Ah, then I need to research this a little more then. Thank you!

If PH is not required.. I can definitely try dxDP.. it costs more than PH for 7 days.. but I want to try 2 credit restaurants..
Any best and must try signature restaurants??
We haven't tried all the signature restaurants yet (we're working on it) but two of our absolute favorites are California Grill and Flying Fish. Actually CG has now become a tradition for Christmas Day.

Thank you! So, how were the crowds at that time last year? And the weather? I love Black Friday shopping but not as much as I LOVE Disney :)

Weather was perfect, crowds weren't bad at all. Have a smart Fastpass plan and hit the parks early. If DH could get that week off this year we would be going then. We went 10/25-10/31 the year before and it was HOT and crowded.

We went that week last year and didn't find the crowds bad. Higher than we have typically seen the week before Thanksgiving, but with a good plan it was fine.

We are though looking at going closer to Christmas this year (and know crowds will be higher) 12/10-12/17. I just didn't like leaving right after Thanksgiving personally. We had so much going on with Thanksgiving made it hard on us. I know others probably would be fine though. So we are trying a different week. Hah then I may feel like it was too close to Christmas ;)

Sounds wonderful. We don't get Starz, so I will be missing out. I do watch PBS and we have been watching several historical shows such as Mercy Street and Poldark. Really good, very engaging.
I love all the shows on PBS. Poldark is my favorite. Mercy Street is very good but I heard they are cancelling it. I also like Call the Midwife.

Ah, then I need to research this a little more then. Thank you!

Last time I did it was 2015 so it may have changed since. A CM at my resort said as long as you charge the snacks to the room, you can then go to the front desk when you get back and tell them you want to swap out a QS for those snacks and they will make the change.

Is there any new news? Have we heard anything besides the rumored Monday release? Any news on visa holders?
Resorts?

Last time I did it was 2015 so it may have changed since. A CM at my resort said as long as you charge the snacks to the room, you can then go to the front desk when you get back and tell them you want to swap out a QS for those snacks and they will make the change.

For me it was the same if a CM didn't know how to do it.

But it still took some time sometimes. But I was able to do it to five QS meals.

Seriously, I need this wait to be over-my anxiety is going off the charts! I logged into MDE and could see my plans showing the resort reservation, but no change button, no details, nothing. So I started to freak out. Then I realized I hadn't gone to My Reservations, just my homepage. Clicked over and everything is fine, still have the change option, just need to breathe! I'm worried how freaked out I will be when I'm delirious with no sleep!!!

We went that week last year and didn't find the crowds bad. Higher than we have typically seen the week before Thanksgiving, but with a good plan it was fine.

We are though looking at going closer to Christmas this year (and know crowds will be higher) 12/10-12/17. I just didn't like leaving right after Thanksgiving personally. We had so much going on with Thanksgiving made it hard on us. I know others probably would be fine though. So we are trying a different week. Hah then I may feel like it was too close to Christmas ;)

We are looking at that week this year too. Great minds!

In the past I have gone to Disney in September or October but this year our dates are probably going to be either Nov 25- Dec 2 or Dec 9- Dec 16. Does anyone who has gone at these times have an opinion on whether the Nov or Dec dates are better crowd wise?
pixiedust::mickeyjum

1 QS can easily be changed to 3 snacks at gift shops too. Last year we went with my parents and sadly they had to fly home early to take care of a sick relative. My mom gave me her magic band and I went to the CBR gift shop and bought lots of pez dispensers, lollipops, goofy gummys and chip and co pretetzel and nuts!

Weather was perfect, crowds weren't bad at all. Have a smart Fastpass plan and hit the parks early. If DH could get that week off this year we would be going then. We went 10/25-10/31 the year before and it was HOT and crowded.

Were you able to swim? Any clothing advice?For the week after Thanksgiving* TIA

Deluxe dining plan. I've seen some posts on Fb that suggest the credits are not broken up child or adult? With the price I assume they are though.

Any word from "Black" yet? The anticipation is killin' me, lol. I have 8 different budgets laid out with 8 different scenarios. They are based on if mods only get QS and if I need to get hoppers or not. I hope by tonight I can narrow these 8 down a bit so I know what I am doing on Monday. I hope everyone in here gets what they want for their family trips :)

It typically has to be somewhere that has both QS meals and snack credits. That's why it seems to work well at resort food courts--they serve both and the CMs are used to dealing with both. When you get to places that only have snacks and don't usually deal with QS meals, they don't always know how to do it.

We have done this often at both the Main Street Bakery (MK) and Goofy's Candy Store (DS). We take treats home for family.

I hope it hasn't changed as we use the exchange option often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts