******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 QS can easily be changed to 3 snacks at gift shops too. Last year we went with my parents and sadly they had to fly home early to take care of a sick relative. My mom gave me her magic band and I went to the CBR gift shop and bought lots of pez dispensers, lollipops, goofy gummys and chip and co pretetzel and nuts!

I had 3 CS and 2 snacks left last year because we arrived so late on check in day. We are still eating candy and bagged snacks from Disney haha

We swam, the pools are heated but air was chilly after dark. We all wore hoodies in the morning but by afternoon we're comfortable in shorts and tanks/tees. Hoodies again for late nights. But no hot sweaty days were fabulous! Even rode splash and kali :)

Thank you so much for the heads up. We found October to be anywhere from "too cold to swim" to sweltering. Hoping that being a NY'r will make the pool more appealing:yay:

In the past I have gone to Disney in September or October but this year our dates are probably going to be either Nov 25- Dec 2 or Dec 9- Dec 16. Does anyone who has gone at these times have an opinion on whether the Nov or Dec dates are better crowd wise?
pixiedust::mickeyjum
October was crowded, end of November was much better. We went week after thanksgiving last year. Greta weather, moderate crowds but with a good plan we didn't want long for anything. We are planning 2nd week of December this year and touring plans is showing crowd levels 4-6. I think a solid plan and good fastpasses will help no matter what the crowds are!

Deluxe dining plan. I've seen some posts on Fb that suggest the credits are not broken up child or adult? With the price I assume they are though.
I can confirm on our trip in a December DD8 was allowed to order from the adult menu at all of the restaurants we visited. We had DxDDP.

So I guess I need some help wrapping my head around this...

So if I'm at a moderate, book qs free dining then you can upgrade to regular dining plan? Can you do at checkin? Or would you do that on phone?What would be upgrade cost per person? You could then still make ts reservations?

So sorry if this was explained....Ive ben trying to follow along the best I can

You can upgrade at any time up to 72 hrs before arrival. You cannot do it at check-in. Cost is $21 per adult per night and $4 per child. You can always make reservations; the dining plan has no bearing on this.

Hi, long time lurker but I had a question and figured this was the best place to ask.

I have a 7 night reservation at CBR starting 11/10 with a GC. Would I be able to modify the reservation to keep the same number of nights but push the check-in date back to 11/14 so I can get free dining AND keep the GC?

We don't know. We do know you should be able to add FD and keep the GCs, but changing dates may change all of that. Some have been told that you can, and others have been told that you can't. You will definitely want to CALL to do this, so you can talk to someone and be sure you're keeping the GCs.

For anyone wanting to know, "should I change.......?"

Don't change anything right now. For goodness sakes, we only have a couple more days. Book exactly what you want WITHOUT free dining. There is no way of knowing how many rooms, what type of rooms, which resorts, and anything else Disney wants to throw in there, will be available for free dining. You may not get free dining. You can make any needed changes when you go to book the special offer. Having it on your reservation now makes no difference whatsoever.

I think I might re-post this every page or two.

For anyone wanting to know, "should I change.......?"

Don't change anything right now. For goodness sakes, we only have a couple more days. Book exactly what you want WITHOUT free dining. There is no way of knowing how many rooms, what type of rooms, which resorts, and anything else Disney wants to throw in there, will be available for free dining. You may not get free dining. You can make any needed changes when you go to book the special offer. Having it on your reservation now makes no difference whatsoever.

I think I might re-post this every page or two.

What are you hoping for? Haven't seen you post your plans yet?

Yeah but he can't get a simple rule right. I wouldn't trust his crowd calendar. There are a lot of others to look at.

He has totally contradicted himself as far as post Thanksgiving crowds. Not sure which calendar to trust and figured taking it to actual fellow Disney folk was the smartest way. :tigger:

First time I see this thread!!
So do you think I should book now and make changes later? Did not know I could do this?
AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter