******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stroller Question:
DD 4. DS turns 7 there.
Does anyone know of a good lightweight double stroller with a high weight capacity. We don't even own one now, but I know we will need one. I figured if I have to push something, it might as well be one that can hold all of our stuff (not sure the park ones have an storage) DD son will probably be the one that wants a break more even though he is older. I know they are to old in normal circumstances, but I am really worried about the amount of walking, and crankiness= no fun.

We used s troller rental place as well. It was either Orlando's strollers or Kingdom Strollers? They deliver to your resort and pick up on check out.We got the double and will be doing the same this go around. Although I despise side by side double strollers, I can't imagine not having a double.

POP is available. I'm hesitant to book this due to the double beds vs. queens (there are 4 of us- husband, me, 2 kids (10 & 6) and husband is pretty tall).

For us, a good night's sleep is critical for a happy vacation. Have you all had to deal with double beds before?

For us, a good night's sleep is critical for a happy vacation. Have you all had to deal with double beds before?

Just how bad is a double? Dh, me and a 6 year old slept in a queen last time. It wasn't roomy but we were so exhausted it wasn't bad. This time it will just be me and dh and the girls will share the other bed. I'm more concerned withe the value bed being harder. Thinking about bringing a mattress topper.

I have been trying to make dining reservations on line... both on my phone and desk top.... every time I get an error page that says try back? Is there something I am missing. I do not have a room reservation yet as I am waiting for Monday hopefully, but I should be able to do this on line right? I feel like a dining failure lol These kids are sucking away my brain little by little

I have been trying to make dining reservations on line... both on my phone and desk top.... every time I get an error page that says try back? Is there something I am missing. I do not have a room reservation yet as I am waiting for Monday hopefully, but I should be able to do this on line right? I feel like a dining failure lol These kids are sucking away my brain little by little

Why not call? They shouldn't be busy at this hour. 407-WDW-DINE

You don't need a room reservation to make dining reservations as long as it's within 180 days. The dining site is often just wonky. Try a different browser? Or the app - that often worked better for me!

As long as you are making them for 180 days or less from today you shouldn't need a resort reservation.

Just how bad is a double? Dh, me and a 6 year old slept in a queen last time. It wasn't roomy but we were so exhausted it wasn't bad. This time it will just be me and dh and the girls will share the other bed. I'm more concerned withe the value bed being harder. Thinking about bringing a mattress topper.

This is a first hand picture of our stay last year.

My boyfriend is 5'11 and I'm 5'2 with some extra baggage. We fit just right but the bed was a bit harder/stiff but I like that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 30
The citimini GT double folds in half, and DH can easily get it on/off. He usually stands near the front with the stroller standing at his feet, and the kids sit with me. I was worried too since they are huge, but it wasn't a huge issue for us. You do have to remove stuff from the storage space on the bottom to fold it, but we had a tote bag to throw it all in when we needed to do that.

That one looked way smaller folded than the other ones, I seriously love that stroller!

That is the one I'm looking at. WE have the BOB duallie at home and I love it but that thing is a beast! And I wouldn't trust gate checking it on the airplane. Paid an arm and a leg for it. But my kids are 4 and 2 so definitely thinking a double is a must.

Oh! I just thought I'd put this out there but,

After FD drops if anyone wants to grab a QS or maybe a parade spot sometime from 9/2-9/9 we can do that! :) our days are packed but a good QS or parade, or a F&W booth or two with more Disney lovers is welcome :)

You may not like me anymore; I'm a little afraid to 'fess up.

We're going with a military discount that is better than any other discount Disney provides. We are so very grateful to Disney for this discount, and it makes our trips that much more special.

But, I love hanging out on this thread every year. You guys are fun!!

It's just that with all the changes and unknowns this year, there have been sooooooo many "what should I do" posts and it really doesn't matter. Just thought I'd try to calm some people down and help them get through the weekend.
No way would I not like you for that. If anyone here is getting a discount that they "deserve" it's our military. Thank you for your sacrifice!

:offtopic: Has anyone every used a Toddler Anti-lost Belt with Safety Leash before. We will be at Disney 21-30 of Sept maybe the 20-30 of Sept (all depends on what they give mods for the dining plan) with our soon to be 2 year old grandson and have heard of the Safety Leash for kids and was wondering if they are good. I had one for my kids when they were little that went around one of their wrist.
I used to scoff at these until DS#2 came along. He was curious and had no fear. We used to say he could manipulate the space time continuum. He would be with us one second and the next he was up on top of something dangerous or standing in the road. I'm surprised I lived through his toddler years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!