******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call again! So a standard AKL room assuming free TS dining would cost almost exactly the same as paying full price to add TS FD to my current AoA (at CBR prices) res. So which would you folks recommend, AoA suite or AKL standard?
If it's just the four of you and two of them are littles, I'd be selfish and go with akl. Sure the theming isn't characters like aoa, but the resort and room are so nice! Your kids will see characters all day at the parks and they will probably love the animals at the resort! As someone that just went with a 17 month old in December, you're going to need to enjoy yourself as much as possible, the kids will be fine either way, they're at Disney!! However, if you were needing the separate sleeping areas, you'd want the aoa suite

The wait it driving me nuts!!!

I booked 2 rooms at CBR for 11/19-11/25. We have the gift cards. The rooms are booked 1 under my name and one under our friends who are going with us. 2 adults for them, 4 Disney adults for us.
My question is will i be able to modify both reservations on the phone tomorrow since i booked them together.
I don't want to do it online, i am afraid of losing the gift cards.
I would think so, I always book 2 rooms for my family and have been able to make any changes for both rooms. 2013 I was able to use my sisters PIN to add FD to the 2 reservations we already had. She didn't even know she had the PIN, I called asking if I had one (no) and then asked the CM to check my sister's name.

Good luck, I can understand why you want to do it over the phone, those GCs and FD would be a sweet deal

Last edited:
I saw this a few pages back and just looking for clarification..... If I book for myself have free deluxe- can I use credits at TS restaurants for those not on my plan or room? thank you
Yes. We've used TS credits on friends we've dined with. No problem.

No. You must book a DW rack rate room.

Paying with points isn't considered rack rate? Sorry for all these questions.
Also some important info to keep in the back of my pocket, that they neglected to tell us, when it comes to my DVC purchase I want to make in the next year or two. Didn't know you don't qualify for offers when using DVC points

Hi Everyone! I'm planning a trip for myself & my 11 year old niece (first time for her & she's not going to know about it until the moment we are leaving!) for this August. I have gotten sucked into the world of Disney planning, this site is great! You all really seem to know your stuff, so I have question. We are staying at the CBR 8/21-8/26 (reservation is already booked) & I'm really hoping to qualify for free dining. I'm going to check the website at 4am & hope to modify then. But I'm a little nervous given everyone's comments on glitches. I know that the phone lines open at 7 and I anticipate them being jammed. I'm a teacher & won't be able to even attempt the call until lunch time. So here is my long winded question - do free dining rooms really book up that fast that you won't be able to get one unless you book first thing in the morning? Has anyone tried & been totally shutout from free dining before? I'm hoping between the construction & it now being a QS resort, that CBR won't fill up as fast as the values will, and it'll buy me some time to make the call. I swear, planning this trip has turned me into a crazy person, but I'm totally loving it.
They do book fast on the first day, but waves of rooms got added a week or two after it dropped, so if you don't get what you want on day one, there is still a good chance to get something. You just have to check constantly.

Also some important info to keep in the back of my pocket, that they neglected to tell us, when it comes to my DVC purchase I want to make in the next year or two. Didn't know you don't qualify for offers when using DVC points
A friend owns DVC and can never take advantage of free dining - she gets the Tables in Wonderland card to help with food costs.

No to stay at a DVC property you need to rack rate $$$$ no points.

DVC doesn't work for any of the promotions that require room stays, but dvc is better in my opinion. We are going to buy resale soon

I honestly don't know much about DVC points. I just know you're not eligible for free dining.

Ok for any new people here - this is a link to the chat we are using as well. The Dis goes down for scheduled maintenance and everyone will be using the chat to communicate when that happens. It's also pretty active now so feel free to jump in!

https://*******.gg/7WajcmZ

2017 WDW Free Dining is the name

Last edited:
For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?

Hey! I know there are 2-3 of us on here who are going the first and or the second night of MNSSHP!

My boyfriend and I are dressing up as Mickey and Minnie! A lot of families I know personally do family costume for the photos because they're amazing sometimes!!!

What dates?

Hey! I know there are 2-3 of us on here who are going the first and or the second night of MNSSHP!

My boyfriend and I are dressing up as Mickey and Minnie! A lot of families I know personally do family costume for the photos because they're amazing sometimes!!!

What dates?
I'm hoping for Aug 17-Aug 31, so the first or second party. I hear the first party is crowded with bloggers, and Tuesdays are less crowded than Fridays, so maybe the Aug. 29th party... so glad there are others here! I LOVE making costumes, I think this would be so fun!

Apologies if this has been asked a million times! I'm at work today and would likely get fired if I spent hours reading all of the posts I have missed (haha and if that happens, NO ONE is going to Disney in our house:rotfl2:). Last I saw, there was speculation that it would require a min 4-night stay with 4 day PH. Is this still the word on the street? We are only going down for a long weekend over Labor Day with 3 nights/2 day PH so I figured I would check to see if it's worth it to get up early or if the likelihood is that we miss out this year.

I'm hoping for Aug 17-Aug 31, so the first or second party. I hear the first party is crowded with bloggers, and Tuesdays are less crowded than Fridays, so maybe the Aug. 29th party... so glad there are others here! I LOVE making costumes, I think this would be so fun!
I would love to go to the 8/29 party! I told my kids about it and they did not seem to interested LOL

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?
I'm debating if we will go again. We went once before and it was DS 3rd birthday. We had a great time and went on everything with no lines! Only people on splash mountain! We dressed DS like Peter Pan and DH and I wore Halloween shirts. I normally love to dress up but it's so freaking hot! This year it will cost almost an extra $300 for the 4 of us so I'm still deciding. We would go 8/25.

Attachments

• IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 27
We loved POR but I don't think I could justify the extra money now that we have a child starting college in the fall. We don't spend any time in our rooms or at the resorts other than sleeping, filling our mugs, and an occasional swim. Not worth it to us at this point in our lives. HTH :)
Agree.If I could do value I would but. Theres five of us. Save your $$

Yes. We will be at the first party! We were at the first party last year too. I didn't think it was crowded at all.

We will all be dressing up, but there is no cohesion or theme between the four of us......a witch, a caveman, RobinHood and the Orange bird.....a real Motley Crüe. :rotfl:

How much does it cost per person (child and adult) to upgrade from quick service dining to the regular dining plan? Is it worth the extra cost? Are there any "character" meals that are 1 credit? I am planning a trip for my mother-in-law and my niece for August.
Thank you.

Toph

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter