"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to be in the park before 4pm, where can we get the candy bags for the party? Or do we have to go to the turnstiles to get them? Thanks in advance.

I actually love the idea of food/dining/restaurants during the NSHP... and had not thought of it at all, any recommendations on the what/wheres?

We had a great experience at CRT (special dessert, really good food, great service) and a mixed experience at TTS (bad service meant half the table ate while the other half watched and a salad was brought out after the entrée). Our favorite table experience was Liberty Tree Tavern, which was surprisingly quick - I think because it's family style all-you-can-eat.

As for counter service: The staff at Pinocchio's were amazing to us, but the food was meh, while the food at Colombia Harbor House was the best counter service ever. (Also the best air-conditioned quiet, for the room upstairs.)

We have BOG reserved this year and I'm cross my fingers that we actually get there. :)

It sounds like you have a good idea of what everyone in your group is going to want to do. We have been to two Halloween parties and two MVMCPs, so while every year is a little different, I will tell you about what we have experienced related to your highlighted questions above:

RIDES: In my experience ride lines are much shorter during the parties with waits for the more popular rides of 10 minutes or less and walk-on for everything else. The exception to that is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which still sees pretty long waits (around 30 minutes or so) for most of the party. We have been able to go directly to SDMT after the second parade and ride with a minimal (10 minute or so) wait. It's also possible that BTMRR may have a little bit of a longer wait this year with Splash being down - but Splash during the halloween party is walk on (I think because people may not want to get their costumes wet?), so it may not be any different than previous years for BTMRR.

BOG ADR: If you really want to eat dinner at BOG, by all means keep the ADR - but it may mean that you have to miss something else from your list. Whenever I have eaten at BOG, I have never gone in right at the time of my ADR - it has always been as little as 5 minutes late and as much as 20 minutes late. They tend to get backed up during the dinner hour and so with your ADR being later, it may mean it's even more likely they are running behind. You definitely don't want to feel like you are rushing through dinner to get to other things or it won't be a good experience.

CHARACTERS: The long waits will definitely be for the characters that are not out any other time of the year or are in costumes when they usually aren't. I haven't tried to meet the Fairytale Hall princesses during the party, but I am confident their waits are likely lower than they would be during non-party times. Sometimes in the past they met with their princes and then the waits were longer. Others may be able to chime in on that. If they do have any princesses out that aren't out other places for the party, you will want to watch this thread over the first few parties and people will post how/when/the best strategies for meeting that princess.

PARADES/SHOWS: You note that you definitely don't want to miss any parades/shows - this leads me to suggest even more that you reconsider your BOG ADR. Last year, the first parade was at 8:30, Hallowishes at 10:15, and the 2nd parade at 11:15. The Hocus Pocus shows were 9:15, 10:40, and midnight. The area in front of the castle is mobbed all night - it's the most crowded area of the park, so navigating in, around, through it is pretty difficult - so even if you get out of your ADR around 10:00, getting to a viewing spot may take some time. We have had success with getting a space around 9:30 for Hallowishes (we sit in the area that they use for the dessert parties/old FP+ area near either Casey's or on the other side of the street). We then head to liberty square or frontierland to find a place for the second parade and then watch the last showing of the Hocus Pocus show at midnight. The only time I would suggest the first parade is if there is rain in the forecast for later in the evening (we missed the christmas party parade one year because of this!).

Of course - we won't know much about how similar this year is to previous years until after the first party, so you might want to hang on to your BOG ADR until then and then make a decision on what you want to do!

Thanks for all of the advice! I think I'll hold on to BOG a little longer, but DD and I have a PPO ADR for BOG the same day as the MNSSHP, so at least the two of us could eat at BOG, even if we cancel dinner. I couldn't get a reservation for all 4 of us, because I had decided to skip it when I was booking 180 days out. I don't care that much about my DD meeting the Beast, as she might even be scared of him and the breakfast menu looks yummy. If my hubby and step-D really want to eat there or would be upset we ate there without them then I guess I'll keep it, but I don't think they are going to care about it.

I definitely think that for any night we are watching a fireworks show, getting there early is going to involve snacks for the kids to keep them happy while we wait.

If we are going to be in the park before 4pm, where can we get the candy bags for the party? Or do we have to go to the turnstiles to get them? Thanks in advance.
You can pick them up with your wristbands or at any trick or treat station.

You can pick them up with your wristbands or at any trick or treat station.

We had a great experience at CRT (special dessert, really good food, great service) and a mixed experience at TTS (bad service meant half the table ate while the other half watched and a salad was brought out after the entrée). Our favorite table experience was Liberty Tree Tavern, which was surprisingly quick - I think because it's family style all-you-can-eat.

As for counter service: The staff at Pinocchio's were amazing to us, but the food was meh, while the food at Colombia Harbor House was the best counter service ever. (Also the best air-conditioned quiet, for the room upstairs.)

We have BOG reserved this year and I'm cross my fingers that we actually get there. :)

I just looked at the menu for CHH for dinner and it looks yummy! Are the portions big enough to share? We're trying to stretch our QS credits as much as possible. My step-D would probably love the pot pie, but I was wondering if my DH and I each got a combo or trio if we would have enough to feed the 5yo off our plates.

I apologize if this has already been addressed but is there a list of predicted best parties to attend (in terms of attendance) for this year? I've only had luck finding previous years. We will be there at the end of September and are trying to decide between 9/24 and 9/26. Thanks!

I apologize if this has already been addressed but is there a list of predicted best parties to attend (in terms of attendance) for this year? I've only had luck finding previous years. We will be there at the end of September and are trying to decide between 9/24 and 9/26. Thanks![/QUOTE

TP has a prediction page, but sorry I don't have the link. We were deciding between those 2 days also, and I chose 26th because there is a cm discount offered on 24th but not 26th and last year the equivalent date sold out due to that.

I went ahead and deleted all my MNSSHP FPs. Since there are no more FOP FPs for 9/8 I didn't want to risk it. I too hope it's a glitch and crazy rumor because I'll be super bummed if we can't get in at 4 for the party!

This might be grounds for me to complain. $300 for a few hours in MK is more than I'm willing to pay. For that I'd add another day ticket and cancel the party.

Last edited:

Good info! I thought I had read somewhere that 9/26 was the CM discount date and was concerned about it, but if it's the 24th, we will definitely do the 26th! Thanks! :)

Joining this thread for another year partly because DS and I got our costumes sorted today, crazy early I know, and also because I love checking out everyone's super duper creative costume ideas! I'm always in awe of how thoughtful people are with their costumes year after year. Hopefully people will start to post them over the next few weeks!

For me, I am going to absolutely die of heat stroke in flannel pants (first week of October...right? Still brutal hot?), but I will soldier through for my only child. LOL

Apologies if this has been asked and answered - just trying to confirm which rides/attractions will be closed during MNSSHP. Based on what's the list from Disney of what's open, it looks like - JC, ETWB, carrousel of progress, hall of presidents, philharmagic and tiki room. Does that cover it or am I missing any? Thanks!!

This might be grounds for me to complain. $300 for a few hours in MK is more than I'm willing to pay. For that I'd add another day ticket and cancel the party.
I agree. My TA is on a cruise and can't be reached. I haven't had a chance to call but am going to today. Just not sure I'll get anywhere and where to start. Not happy about this rumor at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter