"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my last day of FP are still there so far. Just keeping an eye on them and my party FPs. I'm not cancelling anything as this rumor might turn out to be just people having problems for other reasons. As they say, Glitch City :rotfl:I'm working more on our costumes this weekend. My Marie is over half way done, most of the large sewing parts anyways, and then I can move on to my husband's Tigger costume!

Well, my last day of FP are still there so far. Just keeping an eye on them and my party FPs. I'm not cancelling anything as this rumor might turn out to be just people having problems for other reasons. As they say, Glitch City :rotfl:I'm working more on our costumes this weekend. My Marie is over half way done, most of the large sewing parts anyways, and then I can move on to my husband's Tigger costume!

Ooh thats good, nice to be making progress. I just covered and ear in faux fur, went to do the next one and my new roll of faux fur is a very different shade. :worried: Will have to try the craft store tomorrow and bring my ears to match it. Failing that I'll order a bunch online and return ones that don't work. I just need it to blend, I know I won't get exact.

Ooh thats good, nice to be making progress. I just covered and ear in faux fur, went to do the next one and my new roll of faux fur is a very different shade. :worried: Will have to try the craft store tomorrow and bring my ears to match it. Failing that I'll order a bunch online and return ones that don't work. I just need it to blend, I know I won't get exact.

Cannot wait to see the finished costumes, you both ROCK!

Whatcha going to be, Pangyal?

My eight year old kiddo is going as Spiderman...he wanted to match somehow, but with me not upstaging him...so I'm going as Peter Parker. If you've seen Homecoming- I got the pink chevron Hello Kitty pants and the oversized white "I survived my trip to NYC" t-shirt :). I feel it's esoteric enough to be unique, but hoping that people who have seen the movie will appreciate my flannel-panted suffering!

Ugh! What to do? We are going the week of 9/2, attending MNSSHP on 9/7 and our last day at AK is 9/8. I have 3 FPs from 3:30-6:30 for the party and our 1 and only FOP FP for 9/8. I was able to book all ticket days FPs and party FPs with no problem. But, now with all the chatter about canceling FPs I'm worried. Would you cancel your party FPs to ensure you don't lose your FOp FP or gamble and keep it the way it is...? I'm freaking a little.
I cancelled my Halloween party fastpasses for this reason. We will probably be waiting in character lines anyway during that time.

We have never been to MNSSHP before-it looks and sounds fantastic. We will have an almost 3 year old boy. I assuming he should love most of this? Is there anything to shy away from that may be a little scary? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

We have never been to MNSSHP before-it looks and sounds fantastic. We will have an almost 3 year old boy. I assuming he should love most of this? Is there anything to shy away from that may be a little scary? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

MNSSHP is for kids and adult kids alike! The only thing you really need to shy away from is Universal Horror Nights.

She's incorrect. They won't be able to just get those fast passes back. Once they are gone, they are gone. There is a way to override the system but they are very rarely willing to do it. Phone CMs are notorious for bad info.
Discovered my sister's passes for final day disappeared due to MNSSHP passes. They were for EE, Safari, and FoP! Was able to add her back myself to EE after deleting her FPs on Halloween party day. Called into Disney internet help desk and the guy was awesome! Asked me about what I was looking forward to and our Halloween costumes. He found an overlapping Safari with my time so we will go then. And then gave her an anytime FoP pass for that day so she can go on it with me!

Discovered my sister's passes for final day disappeared due to MNSSHP passes. They were for EE, Safari, and FoP! Was able to add her back myself to EE after deleting her FPs on Halloween party day. Called into Disney internet help desk and the guy was awesome! Asked me about what I was looking forward to and our Halloween costumes. He found an overlapping Safari with my time so we will go then. And then gave her an anytime FoP pass for that day so she can go on it with me!
I am glad Disney IT did that so you two can still ride FoP together. That's the hardest FP to get for now! Have fun planning!!

Something I did notice, if you have a MDE account with only a party ticket, you cannot book FPs with it. The only way to book FPs (for now) is the way we have been doing it-book all FPs on regular days, then book on the party day, all with the same account.

Last week I bought party tickets and I booked my FP+ for a party night, having only that set of tickets on MDE. They are still showing as present.

to those who brought up the ADR during party nights, THANKS! I didn't realize they accepted reservations during the party. I was just able to get a 9:45 res. I am going to keep checking as the time gets closer to see if I can get an earlier one. I have teens so the timing isn't a big deal except that we will miss the fireworks. We can catch them another night at bay lake towers though. We are not travel planners, more like - hey, let's go down to Disney next month! - so we are never able to get into BOG when we go. Really, we just want to go to seethe inside - get some grey stuff and a few other desserts.

I'm so glad that guy in IT was able to help you especially with FoP.

to those who brought up the ADR during party nights, THANKS! I didn't realize they accepted reservations during the party. I was just able to get a 9:45 res. I am going to keep checking as the time gets closer to see if I can get an earlier one. I have teens so the timing isn't a big deal except that we will miss the fireworks. We can catch them another night at bay lake towers though. We are not travel planners, more like - hey, let's go down to Disney next month! - so we are never able to get into BOG when we go. Really, we just want to go to seethe inside - get some grey stuff and a few other desserts.

Currently I have a 9:30pm BOG, I'm going to keep checking also, I was thinking of just having dessert so that I could try and catch the fireworks. I don't need to be in a front spot as this is my second party but would be nice to. I do have a BOG on a normal day if I wanted a meal. This would just be cool as I aim to be in a yellow Belle dress and if I get a picture with the Beast.

This is also the party I need to narrow down my party M&G's.

Party 1 is Jack and Sally, 7 Dwarves, Pooh and friends, Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Mickey. + 2nd parade, fireworks and show.
Party 2 (so far) Ride HM, get party merch, Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie and Abu, Cap Jack and Belle and Gaston then BOG and whatever I can see after.

I took out all the other just party character meets in the end, can't be rushing around all the time. :rotfl2:

Last week I bought party tickets and I booked my FP+ for a party night, having only that set of tickets on MDE. They are still showing as present.
It's so weird! If I reassign my Halloween tik to another profile it still won't let me book FPs for it! I even tried it with a totally new MDE account and still nothing!

I wrote guest services a few days ago about the rumor of party guests not being let in at the previous years time of 4:00pm. Here is the response. I feel better about it but guess Ill keep my FPs cancelled for the party, which is a bummer.
Reassuring about the entry time, but definitely sounds like they are trying to restrict the FP usage, as we've been hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!