"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in reply to some of the DL vs DW comparison of Halloween. I was lucky enough to be in CA for a conference a number of years ago (just after they opened Cars Land). We didn't do the party but got to see the Haunted Mansion all decked out in the Nightmare Before xmas theme....IT WAS AMAZING! And I got to see Jack and Sally after the ride! Imagine by disappointment when the following year we went to Orlando and they didn't change around Haunted Mansion :( This will be our first Halloween party ever so can't comment on the party but DL definitely beats out DW in general for Halloween. Can't wait for the party however!

Well I knew about the Haunted Mansion changing. The reason they don't do that in WDW is because WDW has more guests from all over the world versus DL therefore they don't change the theming of rides too often. At least that is what I've always heard or saw when I looked into it.

One day I'll make it to DL cuz it being decked out and rethemed with The Nightmare Before Christmas sends my heart flurrying.

Well I knew about the Haunted Mansion changing. The reason they don't do that in WDW is because WDW has more guests from all over the world versus DL therefore they don't change the theming of rides too often. At least that is what I've always heard or saw when I looked into it.

One day I'll make it to DL cuz it being decked out and rethemed with The Nightmare Before Christmas sends my heart flurrying.

It has been a few years since we did DL at Halloween but I do remember Space also being themed for Halloween and we found it much easier to find parade and fireworks spots, but we may have just got lucky!

Meet my son Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

Woof! So much hand sewing my little fingers and eyes hurt!!! I'll make the cape after DH & DS make the chest plate til then I'm working on DH - White Rabbit :-)

I hand sewed 22.2 yards of red cording onto the sleeves. The silver bumpy fabric below is what I used for the pants, it's hard to see from the photo with my son. It's actually a two piece outfit, the boot covers are sewn onto the pants.

View attachment 271182

The hearts on the collar are 3.5" ribbons hand sewn together hiding the cut ends and then strung in a row with silk thread. I then attached it to the collar and sewed on the beads. This detail was hard to see in any of the online photos taken of the original costume.

View attachment 271184

I'm able to sew like this because of my mom. She studied in Japan for four years and was a Master Seamstress. I use and make my own patterns and she never used them, I hope to be that accomplished in my lifetime. Love you mom.

Oh my, WOW!! I'm in absolute awe by your talent and creativity! I just started teaching myself to sew last winter for our WDW trip this past spring. I made several disneybounding princess dresses for dd and one short sleeved Star Wars shirt for dh. It was an absolute blast! I now love to sew! I find it brings me peace and relaxation.

The detail of the hearts on the collar is so beautiful! It's evident you've put a ton of love into this costume and your son will wear it with pride. Where do you like to shop for fabrics? That bumpy silver fabric is so fun!

I noticed the cut-out silhouette hanging on the wall of the pic with the hearts on the collar. My husband has one from his trip to MK as a little boy so now, we try to get one every year for dd too! We just love to watch Disney artists while they are creating.

Thanks so much for sharing your incredible work and art with us!!

Months ago, there were reports that some rides will be closed during the parties, including 7DMT. I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but does anyone know if they will be closing it for the parties?

I saw today on FB that the pumpkin popcorn buckets are available throughout the day and even at EPCOT. I really wanted to get one, but was told they were sold out the night I went to MNSSHP. Without getting gouged on Ebay, what's the best way to get one of these shipped to Michigan?

Oh my, WOW!! I'm in absolute awe by your talent and creativity! I just started teaching myself to sew last winter for our WDW trip this past spring. I made several disneybounding princess dresses for dd and one short sleeved Star Wars shirt for dh. It was an absolute blast! I now love to sew! I find it brings me peace and relaxation.

The detail of the hearts on the collar is so beautiful! It's evident you've put a ton of love into this costume and your son will wear it with pride. Where do you like to shop for fabrics? That bumpy silver fabric is so fun!

I noticed the cut-out silhouette hanging on the wall of the pic with the hearts on the collar. My husband has one from his trip to MK as a little boy so now, we try to get one every year for dd too! We just love to watch Disney artists while they are creating.

Thanks so much for sharing your incredible work and art with us!!

Thank you! I typically shop at JoAnn's but my favorite store is http://www.habermanfabrics.com/ and now they're going out of business. I could always find the best wool & silk fabrics there. I also enjoy https://www.spoonflower.com/ for one of a kind fabrics.

The silver bumpy fabric is by designer Yaya Han called Faux leather in Gunmetal and black it is the small print from JoAnns: http://www.joann.com/cosplay-by-yaya-han-faux-leather-fabric-57in-gunmetal-and-black/14749121.html

The cut out silhouette was done when we took our son to WDW for the first time, we love it too. :-)

I saw today on FB that the pumpkin popcorn buckets are available throughout the day and even at EPCOT. I really wanted to get one, but was told they were sold out the night I went to MNSSHP. Without getting gouged on Ebay, what's the best way to get one of these shipped to Michigan?

I'm from Michigan too and plan on being at WDW in late October. PM if interested.

Kind hearted Dis'ers. That how I am getting my poison apple mug this year. Year after year of having them sold out before I could get one When they first said on the parks blog that WDW wouldn't get them this year I asked a kindly fellow Dis'er if she would pick one up for me and she said yes. Those Crooks on Ebay don't deserve to get our money.

Maybe a fellow DIS member would be willing to do this for you :-)

I'm from Michigan too and plan on being at WDW in late October. PM if interested.

This ::yes::

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

Woof! So much hand sewing my little fingers and eyes hurt!!! I'll make the cape after DH & DS make the chest plate til then I'm working on DH - White Rabbit :-)

I hand sewed 22.2 yards of red cording onto the sleeves. The silver bumpy fabric below is what I used for the pants, it's hard to see from the photo with my son. It's actually a two piece outfit, the boot covers are sewn onto the pants.

View attachment 271182

The hearts on the collar are 3.5" ribbons hand sewn together hiding the cut ends and then strung in a row with silk thread. I then attached it to the collar and sewed on the beads. This detail was hard to see in any of the online photos taken of the original costume.

View attachment 271184

I'm able to sew like this because of my mom. She studied in Japan for four years and was a Master Seamstress. I use and make my own patterns and she never used them, I hope to be that accomplished in my lifetime. Love you mom.
GREAT JOB!!! This took some serious work, and the details make it!

Those Crooks on Ebay don't deserve to get our money.

Hey, I'm paying for my entire WDW trip by selling old dolls and vintage things on Ebay! :laundy: (Instead of laundry, imagine me toiling away cleaning things, researching them, photographing and uploading pictures, placing the ads - I swear my day job is easier!)

I get it that it's not exactly according to Hoyle for someone to buy something at Disney, with the sole purpose of re-selling it at a profit. On the other hand, they've got to find the thing, haul it around the party, keep it pristine, bring it back on the plane, photograph it, upload the photos...

Sometimes we miss out on things because we're busy doing something else, or because we didn't want to haul it around, etc. For those people, a seller on Ebay who's offering a now-gone item are a godsend.

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

View attachment 271182

View attachment 271184

Oh Wow!!! Great job, that is such a cool and detailed costume!!! :love: You did a fantastic job!!!

Hey everyone!

We're planning, slowly but surely, our MNSSHP night with our kids (2 and 1) and we just took a big decision : no lining up at 4PM for rare characters! I think, for once, we'll just enjoy rides before the party starts, go trick-or-treating with the boys, see a few characters, watch the parade and simply enjoy this moment as a family :)

Now, to help us plan a bit, do you know if all characters come out at 7PM (I know Jack, Sally, Dwarfs, Moana are out earlier) and do they meet non-stop (besides characters switch)?

Thanks

Plan to line up for the dwarfs around 5:15. The line will start building significantly after 5:30.

Fantastic costume choices, btw! Here are my kiddos last year
View attachment 271183

THANK YOU! We wasted over 3 1/2 hours last year waiting to meet Jack & Sally and don't want a repeat of THAT!!! We decided this year we want to meet the 7D and Queen of Hearts. Do you know what time the 7D come out? Do they start early?

Your kiddos are adorable!! I am so excited for this party. Last year was our first year going to MNSSHP and we just did Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head T-shirt costumes. When I got this idea for this year I dove right into 100%. It has been a lot of work...hoping to be a hit!!!

Now, to help us plan a bit, do you know if all characters come out at 7PM (I know Jack, Sally, Dwarfs, Moana are out earlier) and do they meet non-stop (besides characters switch)?

Thanks

All the characters should come out at 7 besides the ones you mentioned. Of course, there can always be delays that will keep them backstage longer but those aren't the norm. Most of the characters do take breaks, and let me tell you, those are annoying when you've been waiting a long time to see them. Then characters like the Aladdin crew switch out with each other, so you'll have half an hour of Aladdin and Abu and then half an hour of Genie and Jasmine.

Were you thinking of any characters in particular?

Thanks for the quick answer :)

With our boys being toddler, I believe Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy could be among the characters we'll meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter