Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Ariel484

DIS Veteran
:tinker: OFF TO NEVER LAND!! :tinker:

Dates
: May 11-14, 2017
Opens: September 13, 2016 for DVC/AP, September 20, 2016 for everyone else
Link: www.rundisney.com/tinker-bell-half-marathon

2017 INFO DUMP!

5K Course
10K Course
Half Marathon Course

Digital Event Guide
Virtual Goody Bag

Tink Half Corrals
Pixie Dust Challenge Corrals

Race Waivers
Spectator Viewing/Lunch & Learn

PhotoPass Codes (where xxxxx = bib number)
KIDS RACES: 2017-TINK-KIDx-xxxx
5K: 2017-TINK-B5Kx-xxxx
10K: 2017-TINK-10Kx-xxxx
Half: 2017-TINK-HLFx-xxxx

2016 Race Weekend Program
2015 Race Weekend Program

20160914_R_hero.png

Get to know the Disney Fairies (courtesy of roxymama)

Check out the 2017 Finisher medals here!

rdt34534563465.jpg

Events

runDisney Kids Races - Dashes ($20)

Never Land 5K ($80)

Friday, May 12, 2017
5:00AM

Tinker Bell 10K ($120)
Saturday, May 13, 2017
5:30AM

**Tentative** DIS-meet!
Saturday, May 13, 2017
2:00PM
Trader Sam's Patio at Disneyland Hotel

Tinker Bell Half Marathon ($185)
Sunday, May 14, 2017
5:30AM

Pixie Dust Challenge ($330) [Tinker Bell 10K + Tinker Bell Half Marathon]

Entry Fees and Deadlines

runDisney Kids Races
Never Land 5K
Tinker Bell 10K
Tinker Bell Half Marathon
Pixie Dust Challenge

Proof of Time Submission

For Tinker Bell Half Marathon and Pixie Dust Challenge runners:
  • Must be a race 10K or longer
  • Race must have happened on May 1, 2015 or later
  • Due February 14, 2017
Who's In? :tinker:

runDisney Kids Races

PSofiasMama Mouseketeer

Never Land 5K

2tinkerbell
Ariel484
dec2009mama
dec2009mama Husband
dec2009mama Mouseketeer
jolaf408
Kender
kim3339
lauriko
lurkergirl
NeverLand16
PSofiasMama
PSofiasMama Daughter (PSofia? :))
RunBakeLove
StarGirl11
SueInBoston
VickiHD
VickiHD Husband
VickiHD Mouseketeer

Tinker Bell 10K
DisneyMommy403
HockeyMomNH Husband
JBF1982
klmcleod
LizardQueen8
MommyLove
MommyLove Daughter

Tinker Bell Half Marathon

2tinkerbell
Beamo2014
Bella Ella
**Legacy Runner**
BelleWannabe4
Calfan
CaliforniaGirl09
CaliforniaGirl09 Daughter
courtneybeth
**C2C**
courtneybeth Husband **C2C**
CynthiaC925 **Legacy Runner**
drane
DVCMAUREEN
DVCMAUREEN Husband
PSofiasMama
roxymama
Scootypuffjr
**C2C**
Scootypuffjr BFF
stal
TeresaMRoberts
VickiHD
**Legacy Runner**

Pixie Dust Challenge

abbybeth **C2C**
abbybeth Mom **C2C**
Ariel484 **C2C**
bellanotte10 **C2C**
dec2009mama
epcotgirl22
**C2C**
The Expert **C2C**
FairyPrincessMerida
HockeyMomNH **C2C**
jolaf408
Keels **C2C**
kelly 1
Kender
**C2C**
kim3339
lauriko
**C2C**
pigletliz
PSofiasMama
**C2C**
Princess_Nikki **C2C**
ReindeerMom **Legacy Runner**
RunBakeLove **C2C**
Scottishbrit **C2C**
StarGirl11
SueInBoston
**C2C**
Tootie512 **C2C**
WDWarchitectureguy **C2C**
ZellyB **C2C**
ZellyB Husband **C2C**

:tinker:Fairy Friday! :tinker:

March 3, 2017 - 10 weeks to go!
March 10, 2017 - 9 weeks to go!
March 17, 2017 - 8 weeks to go! Happy St. Paddy's Day!
March 24, 2017 - 7 weeks to go!
March 31, 2017 - 6 weeks to go!
April 7, 2017 - 5 weeks to go!
April 14, 2017 - 4 weeks to go!
April 21, 2017 - 3 weeks to go!
April 28, 2017 - 2 weeks to go!
May 5, 2017 - 1 week to go! Revenge of the Fifth!

Last edited:
I'm probably going to do Pixie Dust again ... No 5K for me, though. Too early!!!

I'm probably going to do Pixie Dust again ... No 5K for me, though. Too early!!!
True, but it's SO much easier at Disneyland to just roll out of bed and head to the corrals.

I'm undecided on the 5ak just because I don't know if it's REALLY worth it, cost-wise and tiredness-wise. I was spent that afternoon, and I thought the on-course entertainment was light for that race. Just not sure yet.

:wave:

Don't know for sure if I'm in, but I floated a test balloon this morning to the husband. After reading and seeing pictures from this weekend, I'd like to jump into a run at Disneyland. With running Goofy in January, this would get us a Coast to Coast medal too. :) Consider me tentative at this point.

**RUMOR**

Read a rumor on Facebook this weekend that the Tink theme will change to Pixar.* Apparently the source is pretty reliable...we'll see! I'm waiting for runDisney to post a "save the date" for next year's Tink but they haven't yet.

*take my money, runDisney!!

Read a rumor on Facebook this weekend that the Tink theme will change to Pixar.* Apparently the source is pretty reliable...we'll see! I'm waiting for runDisney to post a "save the date" for next year's Tink but they haven't yet.

Crackers.
I'm trying to talk myself out of doing Tink (not that I don't want to do Tink, but I have this tiny little situation called I need to stop spending so much money). It's going to be a lot harder for me to talk myself out of Pixar.

**RUMOR**

Oooooh then I might have to be in. What would happen to the pink Coast to Coast though?

**RUMOR**

I think the already announced tink on the registration dates and calendar they sent at the end of the year last year. I would think that they will keep tink for 2017 since they already announced it. If the rumors are true, then i would think the change will be for 2018.

I am in for the half and possibly 5k with my daughter. Hoping to celebrate her birthday and complete the first portion of the coast to coast! And this will be my first race at DL.
I was going to go for the C2C this year but events kept getting in my way. It is hard to be planning so far in advance - I just want to go run now!
Will be following this thread and anxiously awaiting any news.....

I am not 100% in yet. There's a lot of moving pieces I still need to figure out but I'd like to do the PDC OR just the Half.
My family is likely doing the Flying Pig in Cincy the weekend before (marathon relay so about equiv. to a 8-10k for me) so I'm work-shopping taking a full week off work in between the two and figuring out a solo or just hubby/I short trek to DL.
If it's just too crazy maybe I'll be at DL half week instead...but I'd love to do this one.
I prefer Tink to Pixar as a theme BUT doing an inaguraul would be pretty cool & I can still be a fairy version of a pixar character anyways right? Flying Nemo?

Put me and Mr @courtneybeth down for the Pixie Dust Challenge *

(*Or the Pixar Challenge, Villains Challenge, or whatever it is next year. We're in for this weekend)

I think the already announced tink on the registration dates and calendar they sent at the end of the year last year. I would think that they will keep tink for 2017 since they already announced it. If the rumors are true, then i would think the change will be for 2018.
They did, but they've changed stuff before.

Oooooh then I might have to be in. What would happen to the pink Coast to Coast though?
I guess pink C2C would just go away??
I am not 100% in yet. There's a lot of moving pieces I still need to figure out but I'd like to do the PDC OR just the Half.
My family is likely doing the Flying Pig in Cincy the weekend before (marathon relay so about equiv. to a 8-10k for me) so I'm work-shopping taking a full week off work in between the two and figuring out a solo or just hubby/I short trek to DL.
If it's just too crazy maybe I'll be at DL half week instead...but I'd love to do this one.
I prefer Tink to Pixar as a theme BUT doing an inaguraul would be pretty cool & I can still be a fairy version of a pixar character anyways right? Flying Nemo?
Flying Nemo - YES!!

**RUMOR**

Interesting. If this turns out to be true, what do you think they'd do for deferrals? Just allow people to use it to sign up for an event of the same distance for another weekend (i.e. Pixie Dust Challenge for another challenge, or Tink 10K for another 10K, etc.)?

I think Pixar would be an awesome theme, and I'd love to do that race. But sadly Disneyland events are basically impossible for me to do. :(

I'm in for 2017! Tink is my favorite Disney character and I started running too late to train for the race this year. REALLY hoping they don't change it to Pixar just yet! I'll at least do the Half, as I'm doing Princess GSC and want the Coast to Coast medal, but may go ahead and do the challenge.

Interesting. If this turns out to be true, what do you think they'd do for deferrals? Just allow people to use it to sign up for an event of the same distance for another weekend (i.e. Pixie Dust Challenge for another challenge, or Tink 10K for another 10K, etc.)?

I think Pixar would be an awesome theme, and I'd love to do that race. But sadly Disneyland events are basically impossible for me to do. :(
Not sure, very interested to know. ;)

I heard someone mention the Pixar rumor this weekend. I'm going to be so disheartened if this is true. What about all of us Legacy runners? I'm especially going to be disheartened after my experience as a Legacy runner to begin with from this weekend. Sigh.

If it's still Tink, I'm definitely in. If it's not, I might be saying goodbye to runDisney in general.

Hmmmm, what a bummer. It was such a fun race. But I can see changing it to get more interest since it didn't sell out this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter