"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the "Official" 2018 (and now 2019) Disney After Hours Thread!
:welcome:

A one-stop shop for Disney After Hours (DAH) information and discussion.

Quick Links:
Post #2 - DAH Guest List
Post #3 - DISer DAH Review Links

Dates
December 2018 - March 2019 DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: September 6, 2018
View attachment 348880

2018 June-September DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: May 2, 2018
View attachment 348878

2018 January-March DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: September 14, 2017
View attachment 348879

2017 DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: December 8, 2016
View attachment 344387

Note: Accurate "sold out" data is not available for the Winter 2017 dates as it was not being accurately tracked. Thread posts at the time generally suggest 3/2 and 3/9 potentially sold out at/around the day-of.

2016 DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: March 23, 2016

Thursday, April 14, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)
Thursday, April 21, 2016 (10PM - 1AM)
Thursday, April 28, 2016 (10PM - 1AM)
Thursday, May 5, 2016 (10PM - 1AM)
Sunday, May 8, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)
Thursday, May 12, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)
Thursday, May 19, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)

Helpful Links
Disney Parks Blog Announcement (June-Sept DAH Dates)
Disney Parks Blog Announcement (Winter 2018 DAH Dates)
DIS/WDW Info News Post
Official Disney DAH Website

Price

View attachment 348882

How to Buy Tickets
By Phone: 407-827-7185
Online: Disney After Hours Tickets

Cancellation Policy
Once purchased, DAH tickets are nonrefundable.

When Can I Get in the Park with a DAH Ticket?
Disney's website says "Official check-in for the event will take place at the Main Entrance to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 7:00 PM" (regardless of the actual start time of the DAH event).

For most 2018 dates, guests with DAH tickets have generally been allowed in the park at approximately 6PM.

Open Rides / Food & Beverage
Here's a year-over-year comparison of rides open during DAH.

View attachment 333668

Thanks for @Faceoff445566 for the pic of the Summer 2018 DAH handout:
View attachment 333669

FOOD & BEVERAGE

Included as Part of Your Event Admission
2016-2018 - During event hours enjoy select beverages, popcorn, and ice cream novelties.

For Purchase
2018 - Select menu items available at Main Street Bakery and Casey's Corner.
2017 - Select menu items available at locations throughout the Park, including Main Street Bakery, The Friar's Nook, and The Lunching Pad.

MERCHANDISE
2017-2018 - Select merchandise available for purchase at the Emporium. There is no specific DAH themed merchandise available during these events.

Event Lanyards
Guests are given plastic laminated "lanyards" for the event at check-in at the front entrance. This is how Disney knows who is/isn't a DAH guest. These actually make for a nice souvenir/keepsake and are an upgrade over the standard wristbands Disney uses at things like MNSSHP, MVMCP, and EMM. The 2017 lanyard is attached for reference.

Note, you have to get these at the front of the park - Disney does not set up "inside the park" stations like they do at a MNSSHP and MVMCP. Some guests reported being able to pick up their lanyard at Guest Relations off Town Square and the Liberty Square ticket office as well, but reports of success were inconsistent.

Update for Summer 2018 DAH Dates: Disney has started setting up a few lanyard pick-up station inside the parks. Locations include POTC and the FP Kiosk to the left of the Stitch entrance, and maybe a few others.

Update for 8/30/2018 Event: Disney gave attendees wristbands for use during the event and gave out lanyards as keepsakes upon exiting the park that evening.

Many thanks to @Bri036 for the Summer 2018 Lanyard pics:
View attachment 333670 View attachment 333671

:disrocks:
Thanks for posting. Very useful. I will have to remember to look at this thread prior to my trip.

This is true. We were able to use it on some rides in March but it really only worked with the cms that had no idea what was going on. We never used our magic bands for it though. I think they know now not to do that.
I know that sometimes they let you use the FP line once the party starts and the regular lines have people still from the park closing. So if the park closes at 9 they might let party people through the FP line until 9:30 when the day crowds finish.

I do wish they would let you use the fast pass entrances during the DAH it certainly would save time.
I think most of the rides we did we went through the fp line. Space mountain doesn’t make much of a difference but they sometimes let you use the reride ramp. We went in the normal que for Peter Pan because we waited about 10-15 minutes but I was okay with that because I had never seen the que before for that ride.

We might be going 1/28! I got a unique offer code in the mail. Just trying to see if we really do want to go even though we should be saving money for Japan.

Hi everyone! Before I call Disney and wait on hold forever I thought I would check in here first. I recently bought tickets for the DAH event for January 24th, 2019. I bought them at the same time as booking my room and getting my friend her park hopper tickets. I then purchased an annual pass for myself (which had to be purchased separately online). I have just realized today that there is a special price for annual pass holders of just $95 for DAH tickets! I can see the new discounted price available for purchase when I log into my account. Does anyone know if Disney would adjust the tickets that I already purchased with the discounted price? It would end up saving me $60 USD!

Last edited:

Hi everyone! Before I call Disney and wait on hold forever I thought I would check in here first. I recently bought tickets for the DAH event for January 24th, 2019. I bought them at the same time as booking my room and getting my friend her park hopper tickets. I then purchased an annual pass for myself (which had to be purchased separately online). I have just realized today that there is a special price for annual pass holders of just $95 for DAH tickets! I can see the new discounted price available for purchase when I log into my account. Does anyone know if Disney would adjust the tickets that I already purchased with the discounted price? It would end up saving me $60 USD!

***UPDATE*** I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DISNEY AND BECAUSE I PURCHASED THE PARTY TICKETS BEFORE THE ANNUAL PASS, I AM NOT ABLE TO ADJUST THE PRICE IF I HAD DONE IT REVERSED AND BOUGHT MY PASS FIRST THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ADJUSTED THE PRICE FOR ME! AT LEAST I KNOW FOR NEXT TIME!

***UPDATE*** I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DISNEY AND BECAUSE I PURCHASED THE PARTY TICKETS BEFORE THE ANNUAL PASS, I AM NOT ABLE TO ADJUST THE PRICE IF I HAD DONE IT REVERSED AND BOUGHT MY PASS FIRST THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ADJUSTED THE PRICE FOR ME! AT LEAST I KNOW FOR NEXT TIME!

If I were you, I'd try again at the ticket office at MK before you go in for DAH. Totally up to you, but it's possible they'd give you a gift card for the difference or something.

Oh call again and see what a different CM says. I bought my tix over the phone and mentioned I would be upgrading to an AP at the park, and she gave me the AP price right then, without having bought anything yet. The important bit was being an AP holder when the event would take place.

Oops...not paying attention here...I was thinking of EMM

But kind of related just on the opposite end of the day...DAH has not really been offered during times where 11pm closings are more likely to be on the schedule. It's been more of a 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm regular park closing type of deal... and by late March it's getting into Spring Break season with more consistent late closings on the schedule, roughly speaking.

That being said - with the way they've sprinkled in DAH dates this year in times we've never seen them before... while I think it's unlikely for late March... anything is possible! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter