OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

YAY! Hubby and I have been planning to go my birthday weekend (Nov 11th) because I figured it would be the start of the holiday offerings. I'm so glad my guess was correct!

The no mention of woc has me a little sad. I’m hoping season of light returns!

Same here. Would love to know what has gone so wrong that they it is taking this long to fix. And why isn’t money being thrown at the problem?! I’m ready to throw my money at my WOC dessert party problem!

Is there anything special for the Epiphany / 3 kings day ? I'm planning on booking soon for Dec 28 until at least Jan 1, but I might move my dates if they have special Epiphany celebrations. By my research I cannot find anything therefor I am assuming no.

Couldn’t agree more about PTN. If that and WOC isn’t on, it will be annoying. I wish Christmas Fantasy would be run in the evenings too, makes it so much more magical watching it on Main Street in the dark.

I wish there would be an evening showing of Christmas Fantasy with a BB dining package! We are splurging on the restaurant and wish I could get guaranteed good seats for the parade with it!

I also hope they keep PTN as we’ve never seen it. One of the trade offs for going in the middle of the week during the so called off season.

So our trip is a sans kid trip so we are kind of going all out. It’s for my 30th. We will do any dinning/show package that’s available. Our full park days our November 24-27th so a Saturday-Tuesday. We will for sure do a fantasmic dinning package. Not sure which one. We did B.B. last year and enjoyed it. Deciding if we want to do that again or try something else.

Hoping WOC desert party is offered again, or a PTN package. A Christmas parade package would be great too!

But with all that up in that air anyone have other ideas things my hubby and I can do that are special? Not into the frozen show.

Couldn’t agree more about PTN. If that and WOC isn’t on, it will be annoying. I wish Christmas Fantasy would be run in the evenings too, makes it so much more magical watching it on Main Street in the dark.

Agree.. with Pixar fest they have two parades, fireworks, and fantasmic. Not to mention they were planning to do WOC before it broke. I would hope they would offer the same for Christmas.

We will be there Nov. 11-18 at the Desert Palms. It will be our first time not staying directly across the street (or a Disney Hotel) and I hope we don't regret it! We are a family of 6 and the hotel availability was really limited already! We prefer breakfast at the hotel as well, so that limits us down as well. So excited for the Holiday decorations, though! We have only seen them once!

Was so excited to see the official dates announced by Disney! I'm making my very first Christmastime visit to DLP this year from November 12-17 with several other friends. We're staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. We'll be getting 4-day Park Hoppers and planning to do the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in the parks with a break day right in the middle on Wednesday. We are rope drop and afternoon break people, so having a 4th day I think will REALLY help. Plus it gives more days for us to get in all the specialty holiday snacks. :D

One thing I'm curious about is timing of Fantasmic and the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks. Do the fireworks typically run every night during the Christmas season? It looks like Fantasmic is only on weekends still. None of us have seen the revamped Fantasmic, so I was planning to do the BB package for us for our last night - Friday. I know if we get the first viewing of F! we will be able to just watch the fireworks from right there at Rivers of America, but I'd rather be able to see the castle as well...

Was so excited to see the official dates announced by Disney! I'm making my very first Christmastime visit to DLP this year from November 12-17 with several other friends. We're staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. We'll be getting 4-day Park Hoppers and planning to do the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in the parks with a break day right in the middle on Wednesday. We are rope drop and afternoon break people, so having a 4th day I think will REALLY help. Plus it gives more days for us to get in all the specialty holiday snacks. :D

One thing I'm curious about is timing of Fantasmic and the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks. Do the fireworks typically run every night during the Christmas season? It looks like Fantasmic is only on weekends still. None of us have seen the revamped Fantasmic, so I was planning to do the BB package for us for our last night - Friday. I know if we get the first viewing of F! we will be able to just watch the fireworks from right there at Rivers of America, but I'd rather be able to see the castle as well...

Last year fantasmic was just on the weekend except I think thanksgiving week and the week after Christmas. and fireworks every night.

We did the B.B. fantasmic package and then watched the fireworks from our spot there and the projected the castle projections there too and it “snowed” after.

But we are too wanting to catch fireworks from the castle this time too!

We will be there December 27-1 (non park day will be NYE).

I am a bit concerned about Capacity issues at DL. We like to take an afternoon break at the hotel and refresh and such. We get there at rope drop, so would have already been in the park for the day. What are the chances we will not be allowed re-entry? I guess I could bring a sheet and try and find some grass someplace to hang out with the kids (11 & 14) and do a modified afternoon break. Any thoughts? Thanks for the input :)

Last year fantasmic was just on the weekend except I think thanksgiving week and the week after Christmas. and fireworks every night.

We did the B.B. fantasmic package and then watched the fireworks from our spot there and the projected the castle projections there too and it “snowed” after.

But we are too wanting to catch fireworks from the castle this time too!

Good to know! I'll just hope that fireworks are every night the entire Christmas season this year so that we can watch "Believe" twice!

Good to know! I'll just hope that fireworks are every night the entire Christmas season this year so that we can watch "Believe" twice!

Pray it isn't windy. Fireworks are my favorite thing, but we did not get to see them at all last year as they were cancelled due to wind all four days we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!