OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

We will be there December 27-1 (non park day will be NYE).

I am a bit concerned about Capacity issues at DL. We like to take an afternoon break at the hotel and refresh and such. We get there at rope drop, so would have already been in the park for the day. What are the chances we will not be allowed re-entry? I guess I could bring a sheet and try and find some grass someplace to hang out with the kids (11 & 14) and do a modified afternoon break. Any thoughts? Thanks for the input :)

So we were there at that time last year and capacity is certainly an issue you need to take into account. (We still had a great time!). There are different levels of closures. One is not admitting new guests. So if you make sure to scan into Disneyland in the morning if they are still readmitting you will be fine. Then they can move to just Disneyland hotel guests and then no entry. It would be best to ask a cast member before you leave. We made sure to scan into Disneyland in the morning even if we were planning to start the day at DCA. Also- dinning reservations can get you in if they aren’t admitting new guests. They will have someone with a binder of all the reservations. Our fantasmic reservations for B.B. got us back in one day.

Are you staying on or off site becuse I have another tip for you if your staying off site and only have one magic morning.

So we were there at that time last year and capacity is certainly an issue you need to take into account. (We still had a great time!). There are different levels of closures. One is not admitting new guests. So if you make sure to scan into Disneyland in the morning if they are still readmitting you will be fine. Then they can move to just Disneyland hotel guests and then no entry. It would be best to ask a cast member before you leave. We made sure to scan into Disneyland in the morning even if we were planning to start the day at DCA. Also- dinning reservations can get you in if they aren’t admitting new guests. They will have someone with a binder of all the reservations. Our fantasmic reservations for B.B. got us back in one day.

Are you staying on or off site becuse I have another tip for you if your staying off site and only have one magic morning.

Hi thank you for the reply! We are staying offsite, at the Homewood Suites near the Convention Center. Going to make reservations for sure now ;) would love to hear your other tip! thanks!

Hi thank you for the reply! We are staying offsite, at the Homewood Suites near the Convention Center. Going to make reservations for sure now ;) would love to hear your other tip! thanks!

So my tip is This and it worked really well for us, but during that week after Christmas Disneyland offered early entry every morning at Disneyland. Not just sat/tues/Thursday. They didn’t really advertise it, but listed it on the calendar and everything. So we used ours on Wednesday the 27th and enjoyed a very empty park for that first hour because I think a lot of people didn’t know that they were offering it everyday.

So my tip is This and it worked really well for us, but during that week after Christmas Disneyland offered early entry every morning at Disneyland. Not just sat/tues/Thursday. They didn’t really advertise it, but listed it on the calendar and everything. So we used ours on Wednesday the 27th and enjoyed a very empty park for that first hour because I think a lot of people didn’t know that they were offering it everyday.

Ahhhhhh thank you! We will be there early anyhow, so will for sure give this a try. Thank you again! :)

We will be there from November 21-26 and staying at VGC......we can't wait!

Last edited:
I finally booked 12/9-12/15 at Courtyard Theme Park Entrance. I have been debating for months which week to go & to DLR or WDW, on-site or offsite. I happen to be checking marriotts website and was able to snag a king resort view room with balcony that week and get our trip within budget so bam I booked it. I’m conflicted on taking my son out of school even though his principal already approved it but I don’t want to spend a bunch of money during Christmas break with crazy crowds. We’ll have 5 full days Mon-Fri in the parks with our arrival & departure days to relax & enjoy DTD. I’m debating going to Universal too... Super excited!! This will be my 2 year old daughters first trip!

Hi. Trying to squeeze in a quick trip nov 4-8. I see that Disney published their holiday season dates for Disneyland and the season begins on nov 9!! Does that mean they will be fully decorated by nov 9th or is that when decorating begins?? Hoping to see IASW holiday and a few Christmas decorations through the parks

Also does anyone know how long after Halloween space mountain ghost galaxy stays up??
Thank you !!

Hi. Trying to squeeze in a quick trip nov 4-8. I see that Disney published their holiday season dates for Disneyland and the season begins on nov 9!! Does that mean they will be fully decorated by nov 9th or is that when decorating begins?? Hoping to see IASW holiday and a few Christmas decorations through the parks

Also does anyone know how long after Halloween space mountain ghost galaxy stays up??
Thank you !!

You may not have small world open. But should see a good amount of Christmas decorations.

Excited to see that we’ll at least get to see a couple days of holiday shows and decorations. We arrive offsite Jan 4 and move to Grand Californian on Jan 5.

The Wife and I were at Disneyland in January 2017 for our Honeymoon, but we missed out on Haunted Mansion Holiday by a single day. Do we know the opening/closing dates of Christmas-themed attractions yet?

The Wife and I were at Disneyland in January 2017 for our Honeymoon, but we missed out on Haunted Mansion Holiday by a single day. Do we know the opening/closing dates of Christmas-themed attractions yet?

The first page has a link to the start and stop dates of the holiday season. I think the holiday attractions are usually open on those dates and I may be wrong but isn’t haunted mansion holiday open for Halloween time too or did I make that up in my head?

The first page has a link to the start and stop dates of the holiday season. I think the holiday attractions are usually open on those dates and I may be wrong but isn’t haunted mansion holiday open for Halloween time too or did I make that up in my head?

It is definitely open for Halloween time too!

They usually close them down right after the holiday season is over. I want to say by MLK holiday everything is completely down.

They usually close them down right after the holiday season is over. I want to say by MLK holiday everything is completely down.

Hmm, the blog post says January 6th, which is probably the last day since it's a Sunday. Figures that our first park day will likely be the 7th, which mirrors the problem we had in 2017. (Arrival on January 8th, the last day of operation, first park day on the 9th.)

Oh well. We'd be arriving on the 6th, so maybe we can sneak in some partial park time, but it's all up to the wife on that front.

We are attending December 25 through the 29th. Expecting crazy crowds, and crazy fun : )

Staying at Grand Legacy (unless I get emailed a deal for the resort hotels, then I will switch.)

Planning on surprising my family with Deluxe AP's!

My husband and I are also planning a Holiday trip! We just can't seem to decide on when to go. We were looking at either 11/13-11/18 or 11/27-12/2. Any advantages of one over the other, would crowds be that different between the two? It's slightly cheaper for the earlier dates.

We went 2 years ago during mid December and although crowded it was so worth it!

My wife and 4 kids will be there on Nov 3 & 4 (Sat / Sun). Will we miss seeing all the Halloween decorations since that ends on Oct 31. If so, will we see Christmas decorations during that time and what rides will be closed then? Also, how will the crowds be?

My wife and 4 kids will be there on Nov 3 & 4 (Sat / Sun). Will we miss seeing all the Halloween decorations since that ends on Oct 31. If so, will we see Christmas decorations during that time and what rides will be closed then? Also, how will the crowds be?

Halloween decorations will be down by then. Some Xmas should be up. Expect Its a Small World to be down. I was there that time in 2016 and the crowds were great!

Space Mountain may be down too to remove the Ghost Galaxy overlay. Not sure how long that takes though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter