OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

We will be arriving on 29 Dec - 6 Jan. Had originally planned on GCH but just can't justify the price increase since the last time we went. We'll be at the Hojo and upgrading park hoppers to AP's after we use our MM up. We haven't been in a few years, so very excited to check out the new theming. We've never been for the holiday season, just Halloween.

Hi all,
Haven't been to DL in 5 years and sooo excited to be taking our DDs (ages 5 & 8) this Dec. We are staying at DI&S and looking for advice for which days to spend at the parks. We were planning on being in the park for three days Dec 16, 17 and 18 but open to suggestions.
(details: We fly in on Dec 14 and fly out Dec 19. We need to drive down to San Diego one day to visit family, could stay overnight there or not)
Which days do you think will be least crowded? I read just above (JPeriod, Belle5) that AP are blocked for weekend of Dec 15-16 so maybe that's better. Planning on getting 3 day tickets and using MM on the Tues. We are on tight budget so was going to skip Hopper option unless folks think that's a big mistake...
Happy planning everyone!

Definitely get the hoppers if you can afford it. We didn’t on our first trip and regretted it. Especially now with MP where you can book passes for either park regardless of which you are in.

Last edited:
Is the weekend of the holiday roll-out pretty busy? We're planning a trip for either the 8th through 11th or the weekend after.

I'll be there October 31st- November 5th, staying at either del sol or tropicana for a best of both worlds birthday trip! I absolutely love being there during the transformation period between holidays. You can't beat the magic.

Is the weekend of the holiday roll-out pretty busy? We're planning a trip for either the 8th through 11th or the weekend after.
Is this for December? The holiday celebrations and decorations begin in November right after veterans day usually. we have gone the week before Christmas and after Christmas and it is always busy busy busy and crowded. This year we are doing the week of Christmas and we always expect it to be very busy. I do not know when they will do the candlelight processional but i do know that gets very busy as well. It is usually the first weekend in December.

Whenever you do go. Plan for it to be very busy. If you are staying onsite use those EMH. and just enjoy your time at Disneyland.

Is this for December? The holiday celebrations and decorations begin in November right after veterans day usually. we have gone the week before Christmas and after Christmas and it is always busy busy busy and crowded. This year we are doing the week of Christmas and we always expect it to be very busy. I do not know when they will do the candlelight processional but i do know that gets very busy as well. It is usually the first weekend in December.

Whenever you do go. Plan for it to be very busy. If you are staying onsite use those EMH. and just enjoy your time at Disneyland.

We're planning on November, either the weekend of Nov. 10th or the following weekend. I know the holiday season starts that week at the Resort (November 9th), so was wondering if that specific weekend was more crowded than usual. I think we're planning on doing the following weekend now (17th), since that Monday will be Mickey's 90th Birthday and they should be having some different celebrations happening.

We would so love to do Christmas, but our AP is blocked out that week! Oh well, gotta settle for November :)

Well I’ll show my crazy side for a minute.

Was doing some math and figured out that dinning reservations for the start of the Holiday season will open up around Sept 10th... which is only in like 18 days.... so
We might get an idea about if PTN will continue or not based on dinning packages..... hummmmm

Well I’ll show my crazy side for a minute.

Was doing some math and figured out that dinning reservations for the start of the Holiday season will open up around Sept 10th... which is only in like 18 days.... so
We might get an idea about if PTN will continue or not based on dinning packages..... hummmmm

Fingers crossed! We’ve never seen it! All our trips have been during the week when it’s not shown. We decided against dining at the Blue Bayou so maybe I put that money towards a PTN package if it’s still going.

Only 91 more days!!!

My wife and I will be doing a Disney Coast to Coast in December! First time to DLR for the holidays. Should be fun!

Disney World at Saratoga Springs - Dec 3-10
Disneyland at Grand Californian - Dec 10-14

wdwtheplacetobe and Alacrity!

Last edited:
My daughter and I will be there December 26-30!! We’re staying at the Grand legacy. I’m beyond excited to be there for the holiday season

PTN released a new VIP dinning show package (its very pricy and requires a minimum of 4 people)

My guess is with this new package now available they are planning to keep it around through the holidays. Just speculation at this point!

73 days until Holidays begin at Disneyland!

Arriving with my tribe Nov 30 and staying til Dec 8th. Celebrating my birthday with 3 of my sons, a niece, a sister, 2 son's girlfriends and whoever else adds on! I am calling this trip my Disney Christmas Stroll because I want to sip hot cocoa on Main Street, have a candy cane, enjoy all the ambiance, lights, window scenes, Christmas trees, music etc! I cannot wait to enjoy the Land and the characters all dressed up for the holidays!

Arriving with my tribe Nov 30 and staying til Dec 8th. Celebrating my birthday with 3 of my sons, a niece, a sister, 2 son's girlfriends and whoever else adds on! I am calling this trip my Disney Christmas Stroll because I want to sip hot cocoa on Main Street, have a candy cane, enjoy all the ambiance, lights, window scenes, Christmas trees, music etc! I cannot wait to enjoy the Land and the characters all dressed up for the holidays!

Candy canes !! I was just thinking about candy canes. Maybe I’ll get lucky enough to get a fresh ones this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter