OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Believe it or not we are *only* about 5 months away from Christmas time at Disneyland!

We went over Christmas break last year for the first time and had so much fun my husband and I decided to take another trip just ourselves in november!

I will try to keep this first page updates with dates and events as they are announced. Also share when you are going and where you are staying! Christmas time at Disneyland typically starts the second week of November and goes through the first week of January!

Holiday 2018 information as it becomes available:

Fantasy parade dinning package: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/plaza-inn-dining-package/

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/holidays-at-the-disneyland-resort/

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-resort-returns-november-9-through-january-6/

https://disneylanddaily.com/holidays-at-disneyland-everything-you-need-to-know/

Candy canes:

https://disneylanddaily.com/candy-canes-at-disneyland/

Link to last years holiday thread- lots of good info here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-season-new-years-2017-thread.3606386/page-31

Trip dates and hotels:
Greewe- Nov 3-10
Dustin1983 NOV 3-4
shooting4life Nov 5-10
Purplecrush Nov 10-16 Grand Legacy
pblack Nov 11th(Still deciding)
JabRacingOne Nov 11-14
gigirl131 Nov 14-17 Disneyland hotel
Kristie101 Nov 16-19 HOJO
jonahsmommy Nov 17-21 Homewood suites
danceanddinsey2010- late November
Kylie71 Nov 18-23rd Courtyard waterpark
Adesester- week after thanksgiving
Kelsbeep- Nov 23&30th- cruise in the middle!
Katyringo Nov 23rd-28th The Anaheim hotel
Mariezp Nov 24th-30th Dolphins Cove
lindyv321 Nov 25-29th Best western park place
22tink Nov 25- Dec 1st Desert In
Chiormom Nov 27-Dec 1
smithfamilyof7 Nov 27-30 Reaidence Inn
Bijoubabe Nov 28- Dec 8 Tropicana
Mikerx Nov 30-dec 4th. GCH
Karyanne30 Nov 30-Dec 6th Staybridge
Deannaaf87 Dec 1-6
Stubby Dec 1-6
Alby Dec 1-7 Grand California
kittyskyfish Dec 2-10 Fairfield In
Jmangum100 Dec 4-6 homewood suites
Monoxide Dec 4-11
Tink1987 Dec 6-14
Kauai4life Dec 8-13th
Wonderlandaddict Dec 9-24 GCH
AngieTN 12/6-12/11 off site
DLmama Dec 16-19 Anaheim Hotel
NewbieMouse Dec 17-19 Best Western Park Place
Btk2333 dec 21-25
Mickey&joshnut Dec 21-27 PPH
tink89- 12/21-12/25 Disneyland hotel
Mommymermiad- Dec 25-29th
Love2go2disney2 January 2-6
Nimbusteach- still deciding on dates!

Last edited:
Yay! We will be there Nov 10-16 and staying at the Grand Legacy at the park. Hubby and I went in Dec 2014 by ourselves. I was miserable. Missed the kids. It poured SO much. I hate the rain. I am SO excited to go back with the kids ( granted, they will be 22 and 20 when we go , lol)

Do Over!!!!!

Hope it doesn't rain :rolleyes1

So excited :yay: taking my two DS Nov 14-17 and staying at the DLH. It'll be my 7yr olds first time!!! I haven't been during the holiday season for at least 19 years.

We will be there nov 5th through 10th. I hope they have the majority of the decorations up at that time.

Thanks for starting this! :thanks:

Going solo Dec 1-7, staying at the Grand Californian!
I can’t wait for some info on holiday food and entertainment (still a long way to go) :bored:

I'm hoping to be there over my birthday weekend (Nov 11) which, theoretically, should also be the start of the Christmas season! It's between this and Vegas and flight prices to Vegas are just crazy expensive that weekend.

We will be there from November 25th to the 29th. It will be our first Christmas time visit and I’m beyond excited!!! I am hoping it won’t be too crazy that week.

We will be there November 3-10. Hoping to see some Christmas decorations going up that week.

We will be there Nov 18-23, staying at the Courtyard Maingate/Waterpark...
We have been going for Thanksgiving since the 1990's, it a tradition!

Just the thread with info I'm here searching for.
DH and I are heading out to DL for Holiday season this year.
Dates we are currently looking at are 12/6 to 11, thereabouts. I assume that's late enough to be sure we see anything Holiday related, right? Should we move it out to the next week for any reason?
We aren't limited to a school break time and I'm hoping to go when in full Holiday mode.
About the only thing we aren't interested in would be their version of the Candlelight Processional. Otherwise, I want to see it. And the new Pixar Pier stuff too, of course.
Still researching where we are going to stay. Likely to go off site this trip. We did DLH last trip. I plan to find and book things this week.

Dates we are currently looking at are 12/6 to 11, thereabouts. I assume that's late enough to be sure we see anything Holiday related, right? Should we move it out to the next week for any reason?
We aren't limited to a school break time and I'm hoping to go when in full Holiday mode.
About the only thing we aren't interested in would be their version of the Candlelight Processional. Otherwise, I want to see it. And the new Pixar Pier stuff too, of course.
Still researching where we are going to stay. Likely to go off site this trip. We did DLH last trip. I plan to find and book things this week.

Yes everything could be in full Christmas mode during that time! How exciting!

We'll be staying at the Fairfield Inn, December 2-10!

Not quite Christmas, but the HMH is something we look forward to every year. The smell of gingerbread ghouls is so delightful!

Sooo someone pointed out I missed an “I” in official..... and I can’t edit the title!

You'll just want to check the blockout calendar to evaluate your dates. APs are a much bigger consideration at DLR than at WDW. It appears that SoCal Select passes are blocked after the 11th. I would expect those last dates to be very busy in the parks. 12/9 is the last weekend day of the year Deluxe passes are valid.

CP is also very different at DLR. It's only done one weekend and it's usually the first weekend after Thanksgiving weekend. So I'm guessing 12/1 and 12/2 this year.

Pixar Pier will certainly still be around, but the fireworks at DL will likely be the Christmas version, so probably no Pixar fireworks. Same with the parade. Perhaps only the Christmas parade running at that time. Nobody knows for sure yet.

Last edited:
Sooo someone pointed out I missed an “I” in official..... and I can’t edit the title!
There should be a "thread tools" link for you in the upper right, near where you can "watch" a thread. You should be able to edit the title there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!