"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add us to the list of happy DAH guests from last night. DS11, DS8 and I are on our first mom and son trip. We are a very close family, and always vacation together- but DH is Disney’d out. He missed out big time on this trip. We spent the morning at HS, and intended to nap in the afternoon. It was our first full park day, so I should have known better. We arrived via bus about 5:50. We had park tix, but the event entrance was lit up with a cm holding a sign and lots of other cm’s handing out lanyards. We made it in and headed straight to Buzz for our 6:00 FPs. We stood in the FP line for about 20 min without moving and inch, and knowing the crowds would be thinner at the party we left the line. That time between 6:30 and 9 was kind of rough. My ds8 was tired and getting cranky, and the FP lines were long enough that we didn’t want to wait. We did get some pixie dust in line for Buzz though. I didn’t see it happen because I was trying to entertain ds8- but apparently DS11 witnessed a guest be pretty rude to a Buzz CM. When we went through, I guess he told the CM that she handled it really well and he hoped she had a good rest of the night. About 5-10 min later, she found us in line and gave us 3 anytime FPs to use when we go back tomorrow night. That was awesome! Just goes to show you that sometimes being genuinely kind doesn’t go unnoticed. It unfortunately also shows you how crappy the CMs must be treated sometimes!

Anyway, I agree with PPs that the park never felt empty. But it was still amazing. The longest we waited was for BTM at probably 9:20. And that was maybe a 5 min. wait. Our night, starting right at 9:
(The kids really decided what we were doing, I was up for whatever)

Splash <5 min.
BTMRR 5 min.
3x mickey bars 5 min.
Pirates-walk on
Kids rode Magic Carpets 5x without getting off.
While waiting, I managed to eat a box of popcorn. And the mickey bar I got ds8 that started melting:)
Jungle Cruise
Danced around an empty Adventureland
Headed to SDMT at 10:45. wait time said 20 min. We were on the ride in 6 min.
Space Mt. walk on
Over to Astero Orbiter (only because none of us had ever been on!) waited for one elevator
Hoofed it back to Space Mt. for one last ride right at midnight.
*13 rides in 3 hours
*Multiple stops for treats
*Pretty leisurely pace with kids that had been at a park all day already.
*10 or so minute chat with some CMs that sprinkled us with a little more pixie dust
*Lots of reminders that the party was NOT shopping time lol
*Party ended at 12. People were allowed in line for treats until about 12:15.
*PP photographers were still out as we slowly made our way to the Enterance.
We left around 12:40, still plenty of people making their way out. Hopped on a bus heading to AoA, back in our room by about 1ish I think?

Fantastic night. Well worth it. Not empty, but not crowded at all. The treat stands were all closed before the party, and my ds8 was dying for a Mickey sandwich. We asked for one at 8:59 and had to wait the minute before they could get us one. Rules are rules :) I was actually expecting more carts, but I only spotted about one open in each land. No issues, I just thought there would be more.
Loved everything about the party. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

Add us to the list of happy DAH guests from last night. DS11, DS8 and I are on our first mom and son trip. We are a very close family, and always vacation together- but DH is Disney’d out. He missed out big time on this trip. We spent the morning at HS, and intended to nap in the afternoon. It was our first full park day, so I should have known better. We arrived via bus about 5:50. We had park tix, but the event entrance was lit up with a cm holding a sign and lots of other cm’s handing out lanyards. We made it in and headed straight to Buzz for our 6:00 FPs. We stood in the FP line for about 20 min without moving and inch, and knowing the crowds would be thinner at the party we left the line. That time between 6:30 and 9 was kind of rough. My ds8 was tired and getting cranky, and the FP lines were long enough that we didn’t want to wait. We did get some pixie dust in line for Buzz though. I didn’t see it happen because I was trying to entertain ds8- but apparently DS11 witnessed a guest be pretty rude to a Buzz CM. When we went through, I guess he told the CM that she handled it really well and he hoped she had a good rest of the night. About 5-10 min later, she found us in line and gave us 3 anytime FPs to use when we go back tomorrow night. That was awesome! Just goes to show you that sometimes being genuinely kind doesn’t go unnoticed. It unfortunately also shows you how crappy the CMs must be treated sometimes!

Anyway, I agree with PPs that the park never felt empty. But it was still amazing. The longest we waited was for BTM at probably 9:20. And that was maybe a 5 min. wait. Our night, starting right at 9:
(The kids really decided what we were doing, I was up for whatever)

Splash <5 min.
BTMRR 5 min.
3x mickey bars 5 min.
Pirates-walk on
Kids rode Magic Carpets 5x without getting off.
While waiting, I managed to eat a box of popcorn. And the mickey bar I got ds8 that started melting:)
Jungle Cruise
Danced around an empty Adventureland
Headed to SDMT at 10:45. wait time said 20 min. We were on the ride in 6 min.
Space Mt. walk on
Over to Astero Orbiter (only because none of us had ever been on!) waited for one elevator
Hoofed it back to Space Mt. for one last ride right at midnight.
*13 rides in 3 hours
*Multiple stops for treats
*Pretty leisurely pace with kids that had been at a park all day already.
*10 or so minute chat with some CMs that sprinkled us with a little more pixie dust
*Lots of reminders that the party was NOT shopping time lol
*Party ended at 12. People were allowed in line for treats until about 12:15.
*PP photographers were still out as we slowly made our way to the Enterance.
We left around 12:40, still plenty of people making their way out. Hopped on a bus heading to AoA, back in our room by about 1ish I think?

Fantastic night. Well worth it. Not empty, but not crowded at all. The treat stands were all closed before the party, and my ds8 was dying for a Mickey sandwich. We asked for one at 8:59 and had to wait the minute before they could get us one. Rules are rules :) I was actually expecting more carts, but I only spotted about one open in each land. No issues, I just thought there would be more.
Loved everything about the party. We would do it again in a heartbeat!
Did your bus share with pop?

DS12 and I also did DAH on 2/15. We had a fantastic time! We flew into MCO at 5:15, hopped in rental car and drove straight to Pop Century. Went to room, changed into shorts and grabbed the bus for MK. We picked up our lanyards right at 7pm, and the rest of our night was as follow:

HM w/FP+ (630-730)
Dinner at CHH w mobile ordering
BTMR w/FP+ (730-830) x2
PoC w/FP+ (830-930)
Splash Mt x2
BTMR
PP
TOM SPDWY
Space x3
Buzz
Astro Orbit
Eat Mickey bars
Eat popcorn
7DMT
Splash
BTMR

It was awesome. We then got up on Friday and did 4 parks 1 day on Friday. It was a LOOONG day but mission accomplished! We only had two days in Disney so made the most of it!

How did you do that? I had to walk around 3 times to ride again

I’d also like to know this since we are going 3/1 and I love space.

Hi to all. Just back home and now have some time to take a look at this and respond. When you get off space mountain ride, instead of following the exit out you follow the red line along the wall or green line (which ever side you are on) and it takes you right back up to the ride. Ask the cast member they will tell you. That is what I did. Amazing time and has spoiled me. Wish they did this in other parks as well.

I followed the advice of others on here that suggested going in with a plan and keeping to that plan. In doing that and keeping focused I was able to accomplish all I wanted to and more within the 3 hours! So thankful for the good weather as well! Could not have asked for a better night!

Last edited:

Hi to all. Just back home and now have some time to take a look at this and respond. When you get off space mountain ride, instead of following the exit out you follow the red line along the wall or green line (which ever side you are on) and it takes you right back up to the ride. Ask the cast member they will tell you. That is what I did. Amazing time and has spoiled me. Wish they did this in other parks as well.

I followed the advice of others on here that suggested going in with a plan and keeping to that plan. In doing that and keeping focused I was able to accomplish all I wanted to and more within the 3 hours! So thankful for the good weather as well! Could not have asked for a better night!
Thank you! I didn’t even know that was a thing but I love sm and hope to ride it 2-3 times. I added that note on our schedule that I made so I remember.

DS12 and I also did DAH on 2/15. We had a fantastic time! We flew into MCO at 5:15, hopped in rental car and drove straight to Pop Century. Went to room, changed into shorts and grabbed the bus for MK. We picked up our lanyards right at 7pm, and the rest of our night was as follow:

HM w/FP+ (630-730)
Dinner at CHH w mobile ordering
BTMR w/FP+ (730-830) x2
PoC w/FP+ (830-930)
Splash Mt x2
BTMR
PP
TOM SPDWY
Space x3
Buzz
Astro Orbit
Eat Mickey bars
Eat popcorn
7DMT
Splash
BTMR

It was awesome. We then got up on Friday and did 4 parks 1 day on Friday. It was a LOOONG day but mission accomplished! We only had two days in Disney so made the most of it!
It’s good to know someone else went to the parks the day after dah. We are going 3/1 and then trying to rd at ak the next morning (which opens at 8). We’ll see how tired we are.

Hi everyone! I’m new to the board and have some questions:
- Entering the park at 6pm, are the snacks already available or only at 9pm?
- Do they let you use the evet lanyard as a FP even before 9pm?
- Does the MDE app show wait times after park closing?

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

1) no snacks until 9 PM

2) I believe some were successful in using the lanyard as a FP during the last “regular” park hour, but I had no experience doing so

3) yes it does show wait times during DAH

We arrived back home yesterday so here's our DAH experience from 2/15. We too had a great night and I hope this event is offered again next year during Mardi Gras week!!

We spent the early afternoon at Epcot and headed to Magic Kingdom about 4:15. We were at the entrance right before 5:00 and I was excited to see "event entrance" over one of the tapstyles. I walked over and asked if it was the DAH entrance, and the CM looked at me like I was nuts. I pointed out the sign. She looked and said she had no idea why it said that because it was a regular entrance. Okkkkay. So we went in with our hoppers anyway and grabbed dinner at Casey's to wait until closer to 6. After we were finished eating, we walked back down Main St. and saw a few lanyards. There were CMs handing out lanyards in front of the entrance so we didn't have to exit and re-enter. My youngest daughter's magic band would not scan for some reason though, so we had to wait a few minutes for someone else to try to scan it before they would give her a lanyard.

MK was rather busy, but we had a couple of bonus Fastpasses to use, so we managed to ride Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, and my oldest used one of hers at Splash. We had issues at first getting the Fastpasses to work, so we went to Guest Services in Liberty Square and lo and behold they were handing out lanyards there too, even after I was told by the CM who called me in response to an email I sent the only place to get them was in the front of the park. Hmmm. We watched HAE over in Adventure Land and slowly started to make our way to our starting point in Fantasyland. We discovered in MDE even though we had used the Fastpasses, they were still showing as available in our account. It was 8:55 so we decided to start by riding Pooh with a FP since we hadn't been able to ride it all week.

After that, it was a few minutes after 9:00, so we did split up and the kids went off by themselves a few times and then we'd meet up again. This is pretty much what we were able to do:

Mine train
got snacks
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Buzz x 3
got snacks
Space x 2
Peter Pan again x 2
Mine train x 2
Pooh
Haunted mansion
Splash
Big Thunder
Jungle cruise
Photo pass pics
Got snacks/water to go

We had no trouble getting on the ferry but we did have to wait a bit for a parking tram because only 1 was running for each side.

All and all it was a fab time and I'd love the chance to do it again. The few times we waited it was only for 10 minutes or so. It was definitely much busier than the DAH I attended last year, and it seemed like much more than the 3000 max it was rumored to be. Had to be 5000, if not a bit more. Even so, we were able to do so much in 3 hours that we hadn't been able to do all week!!

Thanks!!

On the app wait time part.... I’ve been eyeballing them every DAH night and going by reports from here, they aren’t terribly accurate. A lot of them just default to their “low number” value even when it’s just a walk on. So take them with a grain of salt. :-)

:welcome: To the DIS BTW!

Lol her mom said she will let her have a little coffee and the niece was very happy about that! If they have to take an afternoon break at ak then we might just split up. I am so excited for dah!

me too! It was my favorite event last year. So stress-free, just going around riding whatever we felt like!

me too! It was my favorite event last year. So stress-free, just going around riding whatever we felt like!
I’m curious what our niece will want to ride and what she will end up liking. I’m not planning on doing dumbo, magic carpets or Tomorrowland speedway unless she wants to. I’m just not sure what she will want to do.

I’m curious what our niece will want to ride and what she will end up liking. I’m not planning on doing dumbo, magic carpets or Tomorrowland speedway unless she wants to. I’m just not sure what she will want to do.

we did tomorrowland speedway during it last year only because we will never ride it any other time because of the long lines and low thrill factor for us. We did astro orbiter for the same reason. We likely won't do them again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter