"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with a tech support agent about fastpasses on the days I have DAH tickets and will NOT be using a regular park ticket. I had successfully booked the fastpasses starting at 6:30 pm, figuring that gave me enough time to get to the ride if they start letting us in at 7pm (as opposed to earlier). The tech support person, after consulting with a supervisor, suggested that I move the fastpasses to starting no earlier that 7pm. She said leaving that leaving them at 6:30pm, before the stated admission time, may trigger the system to send me a "you have too many FP, delete one, or we will delete your last day of FP" warning.

It's been a week since I made the fastpasses and I have not receieved a warning email and all 12 days of my FP are in my account.

I spoke with a tech support agent about fastpasses on the days I have DAH tickets and will NOT be using a regular park ticket. I had successfully booked the fastpasses starting at 6:30 pm, figuring that gave me enough time to get to the ride if they start letting us in at 7pm (as opposed to earlier). The tech support person, after consulting with a supervisor, suggested that I move the fastpasses to starting no earlier that 7pm. She said leaving that leaving them at 6:30pm, before the stated admission time, may trigger the system to send me a "you have too many FP, delete one, or we will delete your last day of FP" warning.

It's been a week since I made the fastpasses and I have not receieved a warning email and all 12 days of my FP are in my account.
I got an email like that at the beginning of our trip after we had already arrived so I called Tech Support on our trip. They assured me that if any FPs did get deleted they would put them back on. After it was all said and done, no FPs were actually deleted.

I got an email like that at the beginning of our trip after we had already arrived so I called Tech Support on our trip. They assured me that if any FPs did get deleted they would put them back on. After it was all said and done, no FPs were actually deleted.

I'm completely paranoid about it because I have Slinky on my 11th day of FP and FOP on my last day of FP. If they decide to delete my last days of FP, it's going to really suck. If I'm not allowed to have the FP, I'd just delete the DAH days (days 1 and 8), not the last two days. I hate the uncertainty and inconsistency.

I'm completely paranoid about it because I have Slinky on my 11th day of FP and FOP on my last day of FP. If they decide to delete my last days of FP, it's going to really suck. If I'm not allowed to have the FP, I'd just delete the DAH days (days 1 and 8), not the last two days. I hate the uncertainty and inconsistency.
I know it stinks. Sorry I can’t give you a for sure answer :worried:

I got this email over night. I’ll be calling tech support this morning

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 08/16/2018 are subject to cancellation on 06/14/2018.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 06/14/2018, you can either:
  • Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account

I spoke with tech support.

She said there isn't any reason why I should have received this email. She said I should be able to book 3 FP per day using my 10 day ticket, and then book 3 FP after 7pm on the 2 days I'll use the DAH ticket only. She had a record of my call when I initially called tech support last week and read off a summary of what the tech support agent and supervisor discussed - basically FP after 7pm are okay to book with DAH ticket as the only ticket. She noted that I do not want my last two days of FP deleted. If days need to be deleted, I'd rather have the DAH days deleted, but she did say that I am permitted to have the FP on the DAH days.

We waited about 20 minutes for a supervisor but didn't get one. She ...I forget the exact phrasing...something like I am in the queue for problems to be resolved and that they solve them according to arrival date. She put in a request for me to receive an email with a status update.

I expressed my concern about losing my FOP & Slinky FP which are on my last two days. She said that they can see on-line how and when FP are canceled. She said that if the system cancels my FP in error they can see that in my account. (They can tell if I cancel it as well.) She was perplexed that I received an email about Aug 16th only. It seems like it should have been sent out for the 15th as well.

I asked her at what point should I call back if I don't receive an email. She said I should call if I receive an email about the 15th.

So....I'm not sure where I stand with this. I guess I just have to keep checking.

I spoke with tech support.

She said there isn't any reason why I should have received this email. She said I should be able to book 3 FP per day using my 10 day ticket, and then book 3 FP after 7pm on the 2 days I'll use the DAH ticket only. She had a record of my call when I initially called tech support last week and read off a summary of what the tech support agent and supervisor discussed - basically FP after 7pm are okay to book with DAH ticket as the only ticket. She noted that I do not want my last two days of FP deleted. If days need to be deleted, I'd rather have the DAH days deleted, but she did say that I am permitted to have the FP on the DAH days.

We waited about 20 minutes for a supervisor but didn't get one. She ...I forget the exact phrasing...something like I am in the queue for problems to be resolved and that they solve them according to arrival date. She put in a request for me to receive an email with a status update.

I expressed my concern about losing my FOP & Slinky FP which are on my last two days. She said that they can see on-line how and when FP are canceled. She said that if the system cancels my FP in error they can see that in my account. (They can tell if I cancel it as well.) She was perplexed that I received an email about Aug 16th only. It seems like it should have been sent out for the 15th as well.

I asked her at what point should I call back if I don't receive an email. She said I should call if I receive an email about the 15th.

So....I'm not sure where I stand with this. I guess I just have to keep checking.
Nothing you can do except for keep checking if anything gets deleted. If they do, then I would call tech support back.

It is nice to see a few more attractions are open since we did this in 2017, I am excited for this event, a little bummed it starts at 10pm instead of 9pm, just a personal preference since I am not a late nighter, lol!

It is nice to see a few more attractions are open since we did this in 2017, I am excited for this event, a little bummed it starts at 10pm instead of 9pm, just a personal preference since I am not a late nighter, lol!

Have you seed an attractions list published anywhere? Would love a link if you have seen it.

If you are going from Post #1, small caveat in that that was for the winter 2018 dates.

Have you seed an attractions list published anywhere? Would love a link if you have seen it.

If you are going from Post #1, small caveat in that that was for the winter 2018 dates.
I have not, unfortunately, I was going by the one posted on page 1, it looked like more attractions then in 2017. Let’s hope it is the same as the winter dates:thumbsup2

I hear that people without tickets can just stick around and even get on rides without the DAH lanyards. Anyone ever complained to Guest Services about this? ...just wondering what guest services would say.

I hear that people without tickets can just stick around and even get on rides without the DAH lanyards. Anyone ever complained to Guest Services about this? ...just wondering what guest services would say.
Never seen that happen they even check for lanyards to get treats .. I think people have stayed in the park after close (not many and not for long) but they are not allowed on rides for sure ..

I saw two teenage girls get turned away at a ride. They looked really upset, but they didn't pay for the event so it was right that they couldn't ride. I wish Disney would just say they can't be in the park at all like they do with parties, but it hasn't happened yet.

I saw two teenage girls get turned away at a ride. They looked really upset, but they didn't pay for the event so it was right that they couldn't ride. I wish Disney would just say they can't be in the park at all like they do with parties, but it hasn't happened yet.

weird...$100+ ticket seems justification enough to ask guests to leave

For ~$100 a ticket they better be enforcing it. I got a little annoyed when a friend and I stayed late for evening magic hours and CMs weren't checking magic bands or anything (if you want me to pay the premium to stay on property, enforce the on property perks!); I'd be much more than irritated if they aren't enforcing this!

For ~$100 a ticket they better be enforcing it. I got a little annoyed when a friend and I stayed late for evening magic hours and CMs weren't checking magic bands or anything (if you want me to pay the premium to stay on property, enforce the on property perks!); I'd be much more than irritated if they aren't enforcing this!
Well prepare to be upset then I guess. They don’t kick people out for dah or at least they didn’t before. I think they assume that people without lanyards will leave since they can’t ride anything. We still had a great time so I wouldn’t let it bother you too much.

We will be there on July 7 ... I can not wait as this is my first AHE! Please add Luvscrappin to the list for 7/7/18...I havent read the entire thread, but can anyone tell me if there are photopass photographers at the event? Thanks!

Last edited:
We will be there on July 7 ... I can not wait as this is my first AHE! Please add Luvscrappin to the list for 7/7/18...I havent read the entire thread, but can anyone tell me if there are photopass photographers at the event? Thanks!
Yep there are photographers there. They are mainly just by the castle and with the character meet and greets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter