"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently planning to start with a rest/resort day and
Have dinner in Epcot
Go to the MK for fireworks and after Dessert Party
DAH (10pm - 1 am)

ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:40 am the next morning
A MK day (perhaps return to the hotel from 11-3)
MVMCP that evening

Is that too much MK in two days?

We’ll have the same back-to-back MK days, too, so I don’t see anything at all wrong with that part. But for me what would not be doable is the 8:40 crystal palace breakfast. That’s too little sleep for my family to enjoy the next day, much less also staying up until midnight for another event, even with a long afternoon break.
We are currently planning to start with a rest/resort day and
Have dinner in Epcot
Go to the MK for fireworks and after Dessert Party
DAH (10pm - 1 am)

ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:40 am the next morning
A MK day (perhaps return to the hotel from 11-3)
MVMCP that evening

Is that too much MK in two days?

If we did it, it would be Christmas Party first, then DAH, so that's good. I know you are an EMM fan too...what would you do if you had the option of DAH one night but EMM at MK already scheduled the next morning? Tell it to me straight! Is DAH worth shifting plans at this point? 30 days out!

To me, DAH at night then EMM the next morning would be "too much MK" in a row, plus the burden of an early morning (if a factor for your group).

I have little ones so I have to weigh late nights (out of routine) vs early mornings (normal routine) so I kind of have to manage trips with that in mind to some extent. BUT if not a factor... DAH is a better use of $ in my opinion.

I would can the early am ADR for CP and just sleep until you awoke, no alarm.
Plan some FPs for earlier than 4pm (when you have both the general admission crowd AND the party crowd, and if you're wanting a TS, do it between 4 and 7 when the party starts.
Or hang poolside, until time to go to the party, saving a park ticket. I don't think there's ever too much MK. And because it's a party day, you may find lower crowds. Do all the shows, have a relaxing meal, spend time on character m&g. You know what your family likes.
But, don't stress yourself trying to make it to CP on time. This is a marathon, not a Sprint. And if you're tired and cranky, (or your family is) it's no longer worth it.

Last edited:

I saw Disney posted on FB “New dates coming this December! Come enjoy 3 extra hours after Magic Kingdom Park closes!”

Does this mean they are going to announce new DAH dates for Dec? Or that they are going to release more dates for the coming year in Dec?

To me, DAH at night then EMM the next morning would be "too much MK" in a row, plus the burden of an early morning (if a factor for your group).

I have little ones so I have to weigh late nights (out of routine) vs early mornings (normal routine) so I kind of have to manage trips with that in mind to some extent. BUT if not a factor... DAH is a better use of $ in my opinion.
Thanks to all for opinions on the EMM vs. DAH issue. True it would be a lot of MK in a row. We also have the Christmas Party that Sunday night so it would be 3 MK extras in a row. It is too much. I am thinking that I've just got to decide between EMM or DAH. Here are my options:

1. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - add DAH at MK and drop Tuesday EMM at MK and entire MK park day. We need a day off and Monday was supposed to be it. So Tuesday would be day off.

2. Leave plans alone. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - day off, Tuesday EMM at MK with full MK park day.

A couple things I'm wondering...would Christmas party one day going in a little early around 3, and DAH another day going in around 6 - give us time to do everything in MK? I'm getting rid of my full MK day if I add the DAH and I'm not sure how I feel about that!

Another odd wrinkle to this is that our MK EMM was actually comped as our original 11/25 date was canceled, so technically I wouldn't be losing money but not getting a refund either...but I could have accepted one of their other offers at the time which was free Christmas party or dessert party, etc so I am still losing that way. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get an alternate replacement at this point, but maybe I'll pose that question over on the EMM thread.

I swear this is the most complicated Disney trip I ever planned. So many changes and shifts!

Another odd wrinkle to this is that our MK EMM was actually comped as our original 11/25 date was canceled, so technically I wouldn't be losing money but not getting a refund either...but I could have accepted one of their other offers at the time which was free Christmas party or dessert party, etc so I am still losing that way. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get an alternate replacement at this point, but maybe I'll pose that question over on the EMM thread.

I think you should call and see what your options are. I would explain that you would rather do DAH than the EMM they had offered. Maybe they will allow you to use the comp for your Christmas Party and then book DAH. You won't know unless you try.

I think you should call and see what your options are. I would explain that you would rather do DAH than the EMM they had offered. Maybe they will allow you to use the comp for your Christmas Party and then book DAH. You won't know unless you try.

I second this. We did get the Christmas party as the substitute after I asked for it. Babs1975, you should have received an email from guest services that has the name of the person who contacted you and a phone number, along with a case ID number. That’s where I would start.

Thanks to all for opinions on the EMM vs. DAH issue. True it would be a lot of MK in a row. We also have the Christmas Party that Sunday night so it would be 3 MK extras in a row. It is too much. I am thinking that I've just got to decide between EMM or DAH. Here are my options:

1. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - add DAH at MK and drop Tuesday EMM at MK and entire MK park day. We need a day off and Monday was supposed to be it. So Tuesday would be day off.

2. Leave plans alone. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - day off, Tuesday EMM at MK with full MK park day.

A couple things I'm wondering...would Christmas party one day going in a little early around 3, and DAH another day going in around 6 - give us time to do everything in MK? I'm getting rid of my full MK day if I add the DAH and I'm not sure how I feel about that!

I swear this is the most complicated Disney trip I ever planned. So many changes and shifts!
I agree with the PPs and think calling would be a good idea. They normally are willing to help you if they’re able to.

I would totally do after hours at DHS instead of the early morning magic I have booked right now.
I wonder if it would be the entire park like MK is or if they would do land specifics (Pandora/Toy story land)for those two.
I know! I can't wait to hear more details. I would totally do this over EMM too. Imagine riding TOT, RSR, and SDD over and over all at night?

I would looove to do DAH at AK! Heck, I’d even do EMM at AK. Unfortunately since we are headed there at the end of January it isn’t going to happen.

HS wouldn’t appeal to me as much . . .

Another vote in favor of more of these DAH events at other parks! Sometimes I like a full-on 7-10 day vacation visiting all of the parks. But other times, it's nice to just do a (mostly) resort-only trip. I'd love the opportunity to do more frequent, shorter 3-4 day trips where we went to one DAH and relaxed the rest of the time. It would help us get through the stretches between long trips! More options is always a good thing in my opinion! :)

I saw Disney posted on FB “New dates coming this December! Come enjoy 3 extra hours after Magic Kingdom Park closes!”

Does this mean they are going to announce new DAH dates for Dec? Or that they are going to release more dates for the coming year in Dec?
I saw this yesterday as well and checked the dates on MDE with nothing new. I was hoping for a few later dates in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter