"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the DAH events up to this point have been close to each other. Usually within a week. I'm guessing both 08/30 and 09/20 will be sellouts, since they are not within 2 weeks of any other DAH events. Really happy to read about the last few sellouts. Seems like even with a sellout, it is still a great event. I can't wait for 09/20. :)
Fun to speculate about what will happen for sure but there's been so little historical data for these events it's really hard to get a pattern going on what they'll do.
For instance, I don't think there's ever been a series of repeat nights and then a 2 week break, with 2 more nights, just before Party season started. So nothing to base what happened in the past to guess what will happen this time. I'm not even sure anyone could come up with a pattern to figure out why specific nights sold out over other nights. If you can even figure out exactly which nights sold out, other than the few we know of.

I wonder if the folks there for the last 2 nights will have already planned for parties in their budgets and won't plan for DAH

We did After Hours in July and it was amazing! Any idea when Disney might release dates for January?

We did After Hours in July and it was amazing! Any idea when Disney might release dates for January?

The Jan-March 2018 dates were announced/went on sale 9/14/17.

The Jan-March 2017 dates were announced/went on sale 12/8/16.

So who knows what they’ll do... but if they follow last year’s pattern it’ll be September’ish.

The Jan-March 2018 dates were announced/went on sale 9/14/17.

The Jan-March 2017 dates were announced/went on sale 12/8/16.

So who knows what they’ll do... but if they follow last year’s pattern it’ll be September’ish.
I hope it’s September! I wonder how many dates actually sold out this year and if it will be more popular in 2019? It was worth every penny to my family of 5!

I'm just now looking into this event......does anyone know if they have it the first week of April?? I know the 2019 dates arent out yet but any guesses?

I hope it’s September! I wonder how many dates actually sold out this year and if it will be more popular in 2019? It was worth every penny to my family of 5!

Post #1 has sell out data for all of the events this year - that should help. Yes, many dates have sold out (although generally closer to the actual date).

Hope that helps.

I'm just now looking into this event......does anyone know if they have it the first week of April?? I know the 2019 dates arent out yet but any guesses?

Post #1 has historical date info. There was a short series of DAH dates in April and May 2016, but those months have not been offered since then. DAH has generally not been offered in busier times, such as April/height of Spring Break time. But anything is possible.

I finally bought our tickets for 8/30 and see they are showing up in MDE. I seem to recall reading you could book fastpasses for that date but it's telling me that we don't have valid admission. Do I have to have a regular admission ticket to do this? thanks!

I finally bought our tickets for 8/30 and see they are showing up in MDE. I seem to recall reading you could book fastpasses for that date but it's telling me that we don't have valid admission. Do I have to have a regular admission ticket to do this? thanks!

Do you have other park tickets and/or FPs already booked that day?

Does anyone know from past experience if we bought regular priced tickets, but upgrade when we get to Disney to annual passes if they will refund us the difference of the after hours ticket price for annual pass holders vs regular price?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know from past experience if we bought regular priced tickets, but upgrade when we get to Disney to annual passes if they will refund us the difference of the after hours ticket price for annual pass holders vs regular price?

Thanks in advance!

No personal experience, but sporadic reports around here have indicated that this is possible. The refund may be in the form of a gift card.

Would be curious to hear your results if you think about it when you get back.

Thanks in advance!

If you haven't already bought your tickets, try and buy them over the phone, and then tell the CM that you are planning to upgrade to an AP when you get there. The CM should give you the AP price then. That's what we did; the CM just said we would have to go to pick up the tickets at will call and they would verify our AP at that point. But that way you don't have to deal with the hassle of the refund.

Post #2 Guest List has been updated with the latest folks who have checked in. Always happy to add your name, just post or PM me.

Again, totally unreliable and unscientific data below since we don't have a large enough sample size on the DIS to know if this really tells us much, but 8/30 & 9/20 are in the lead for the guest list count for this summer series....

Guest List Chart_8-17-2018.png

Post #2 Guest List has been updated with the latest folks who have checked in. Always happy to add your name, just post or PM me.

Again, totally unreliable and unscientific data below since we don't have a large enough sample size on the DIS to know if this really tells us much, but 8/30 & 9/20 are in the lead for the guest list count for this summer series....

View attachment 344373
Yes, I would think 8/30 would be a busy night. It is the start of the Labor Day holiday weekend.

Of course, that happens to be our date, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter