"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are also going 8/30. I am really hoping it is not a sold out party!!

I think they both will sell out .. the good news is that the latest sold out ones have had good reviews :)
We’ll see ... it’s always been predicted to sell out on dates I’ve attended and never have lol!

We were at the sold out 8/11 DAH and didn't feel it at all. It was a blast and we got so much done. We would definitely do it again.

No personal experience, but sporadic reports around here have indicated that this is possible. The refund may be in the form of a gift card.

Would be curious to hear your results if you think about it when you get back.

Maybe it was just the CM I talked to, but I tried to do this after I used my DAH ticket on 8/11 and she told me that I cannot get the discount reimbursed because it was a past event. We arrived on 8/11 and immediately went to the event without upgrading to APs first. So I guess if you have to make sure you upgrade before the event.

Add me to 9/20 - just purchased tickets!!!!! :flower1:
What time is everyone planning to get there? I have read through this thread and it seems like anywhere between 4pm and 7pm they are letting people in. I know it depends on what Disney decides any given day, but what is a good strategy to maximize time?

So excited!

I also have park hoppers for the day, so we'll probably get there around 5-6pm!

I'm late to the party on this, so apologies if this has already been hashed and re-hashed, but has there been any rumors or speculation on whether DAH will be extended past 9/20? I see it hasn't historically been offered in October or November. Thanks!

Add me to 9/20 - just purchased tickets!!!!! :flower1:
What time is everyone planning to get there? I have read through this thread and it seems like anywhere between 4pm and 7pm they are letting people in. I know it depends on what Disney decides any given day, but what is a good strategy to maximize time?

So excited!
They’ve been sticking to the 6 pm time. I wouldn’t show up any earlier than 5:30

I'm late to the party on this, so apologies if this has already been hashed and re-hashed, but has there been any rumors or speculation on whether DAH will be extended past 9/20? I see it hasn't historically been offered in October or November. Thanks!
Honestly no one really knows at this point

Does anyone know if PhotoPass photographers are still around for After Hours? Would love to get some photos in front of the castle at night with a limited crowd.
Thanks!

I know nothing's been announced so I was just curious if there's been any rumors out there at this point. I take it there's not.

I hope there are October dates released!!! We are going in September and October but they only released one day in September which is kind of a bummer :(

I hope there are October dates released!!! We are going in September and October but they only released one day in September which is kind of a bummer :(
Extremely unlikely due to the high number of parties already being held during Sept and Oct. I'd never say never just extremely unlikely based on past history.

I'm not going to the 8/30 event, but is it weird that HEA is at 8:55 and after hours starts at 9pm? Won't there still be a ton of regular guests in the park for the beginning of the event?

I'm not going to the 8/30 event, but is it weird that HEA is at 8:55 and after hours starts at 9pm? Won't there still be a ton of regular guests in the park for the beginning of the event?

That’s not really an unusual setup. Several of the winter dates had HEA at (or 5 minutes before) park closing/the start of DAH.

Yes, it does add a big demand generator which will keep the crowds in the park past 9pm. But, generally speaking - in some ways HEA at park closing time acts as a great park filter... pulling many day guests to the Hub/Main Street leading up to showtime, then they split right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter