"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am.

I was waiting until 60 days before 1/19 DAH to post, but I have not been able to book FPs. All my other FPs are booked. I have DAH tickets on MDE phantoms (like I always do with party tickets) and it's not currently letting them book FPs. However, it seems to be treating them like packaged tickets, which don't open until 60 days (even with an umbrella with earlier access).

Those tickets won't even let you pick a date... so MDE isn't treating them like real ticketed media, unfortunately.

I'll check back when it's 60 days out (Tuesday), but I don't think they will be able to book FPs.
Thank you!!!!
If I remember correctly, I couldn't even see anything with them until the 60 day opened up so fingers crossed we will still be able to. I remember posting something on the fast pass thread and they responded that it wouldn't because it is treated like single day/package tickets...

Thank you!!!!
If I remember correctly, I couldn't even see anything with them until the 60 day opened up so fingers crossed we will still be able to. I remember posting something on the fast pass thread and they responded that it wouldn't because it is treated like single day/package tickets...

I know I booked FPs on DAH tickets this year (March 2, 2017), but I am pretty certain I bought them inside of 60 days... so I never tried >60 days in 2017.

Monday is 60 days from Jan 19, so I will check back then.

So I accidentally hit the link to the Disneyland page. They are having a DAH too. First one is Jan 18 & sounds amazing. Retro theme with live music, fireworks, vintage park maps & special photo ops with posters of old attractions. Prices not released yet, but hotels have a discount & Jetblue has direct flights.

Has us seriously considering changing our trip.......

Hmmm... I’ve been looking for a reason to make my way out there. :scratchin

I’m doing DAH but am also considering the Disneyland one (I live close to DLR). It will be interesting to see the differences between the two. Though the DAH seems to be specifically about rides, while Disneyland will more be about atmosphere. I assume rides will be open, but don’t know how many tickets will be sold! We did a couple of the Disneyland AP Renewal evening events, and most rides were walk-on, but I don’t know about this one!

My sister, Mom and I are waiting on pricing to make a final decision!

For other people, I would maybe wait and see how the first one goes. They say it’s going to be the first in a series, so you can always schedule a trip later!

Super!! Is anyone attending the 19th and staying on property? Will anyone kindly post back whether you can choose fast passes before the party hours?
TIA!
I'm on property and attending the 19th.

But I have annual passes, so I'm no help. Sorry.

Oh, and I was, of course, able to book fast passes. :duck:

I’m doing DAH but am also considering the Disneyland one (I live close to DLR). It will be interesting to see the differences between the two. Though the DAH seems to be specifically about rides, while Disneyland will more be about atmosphere. I assume rides will be open, but don’t know how many tickets will be sold! We did a couple of the Disneyland AP Renewal evening events, and most rides were walk-on, but I don’t know about this one!

My sister, Mom and I are waiting on pricing to make a final decision!

For other people, I would maybe wait and see how the first one goes. They say it’s going to be the first in a series, so you can always schedule a trip later!
I read somewhere they were going to run about 95 dollars regular priced .. if that’s true I wonder what that will include because the description seemed they get more than our dah- except it didn’t specify free ice cream..

I bought our tickets with the hopes that they will let us in the park early with out having to use a regular ticket for entering early. This is what it said after I checked out.

It says that you have to check in at 7. Does that mean they wont let you check in earlier?

Attachments

• 3AA8C019-49ED-4EB2-9C89-C78568640F37.jpeg
    3AA8C019-49ED-4EB2-9C89-C78568640F37.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6
I bought our tickets with the hopes that they will let us in the park early with out having to use a regular ticket for entering early. This is what it said after I checked out.

It says that you have to check in at 7. Does that mean they wont let you check in earlier?
In the past, they have let ticket holders come in around 4:30 even though the official time is 7:00 (similar to Halloween and Christmas parties) . We're all hoping it stays the same for 2018.

In the past, they have let ticket holders come in around 4:30 even though the official time is 7:00 (similar to Halloween and Christmas parties) . We're all hoping it stays the same for 2018.
I will ask when I check in. We plan to arrive around 3. At that point they should be able to tell me.

We are going 1-19, staying at GF. I booked FP+ in the morning at Epcot, did our FP this morning, but we have park passes obviously, so not helpful to the earlier question. We are probably no going over until 6 pm, after taking a break to rest up for the evening.

We are going 1-19, staying at GF. I booked FP+ in the morning at Epcot, did our FP this morning, but we have park passes obviously, so not helpful to the earlier question. We are probably no going over until 6 pm, after taking a break to rest up for the evening.
We got in around 5:30-6:00 and it was perfect :)

I've been wondering the same thing... Anyone from last year notice?

Also, I got my ticket in the mail last week. Well, it was actually sent to my old address. :scared: Thankfully when I sold my house a year ago, I exchanged numbers with the new owner. They were nice enough to text me and say that a package had arrived. Phew! Now I just need to figure out who to call to get that address changed. All of my MDE info shows the current address.

Hi there. I am not really a merchandise guy, but I am ‘pretty sure’ there wasn’t any DAH specific merchandise this year. I could be wrong though!

So I accidentally hit the link to the Disneyland page. They are having a DAH too. First one is Jan 18 & sounds amazing. Retro theme with live music, fireworks, vintage park maps & special photo ops with posters of old attractions. Prices not released yet, but hotels have a discount & Jetblue has direct flights.

Has us seriously considering changing our trip.......
I wish I lived closer to DL. I wonder why they are offering so much more over there compared to DW.

Guys.... someone asked this on another thread and I didn’t know the answer. Does anyone know if any of the DAH events sold out in 2017? If so, anyone know what dates?

I didn’t ‘think’ any of them did, but I might not have paid close enough attention to know for sure???

Thanks!

Last edited:
Guys.... someone asked this on another thread and I didn’t know the answer. Does anyone know if any of the DAH events sold out in 2017? If so, anyone know what dates?

I didn’t ‘think’ any of them did, but I might not have paid close enough attention to know for sure???

Thanks!

I also don't know for sure but think none sold out. I do remember reports that the later dates seemed busier than the earlier ones.

Last edited:
Well, today is 60 days from January 19. I still cannot book FPs with DAH tickets. It worked in 2017, so maybe the changes to MDE are preventing it somehow. It doesn't seen the DAH tickets as valid media for FPs.

I will try again at 30 days out. You know, just in case...

Well, today is 60 days from January 19. I still cannot book FPs with DAH tickets. It worked in 2017, so maybe the changes to MDE are preventing it somehow. It doesn't seen the DAH tickets as valid media for FPs.

I will try again at 30 days out. You know, just in case...
How strange!!! I sure hope we can! My 60 day is Nov. 30th so I will try then....thanks for the update.

since there are no FP during DAH, it would make sense that there's no need for those tickets to access FP.
True but we were able to make fast pass selections between 4:30-7:00 this past year just like the Christmas and Halloween parties. Does anyone know if they were able to do it this year for those attending the Halloween or Christmas parties? Although we don't need them during the after hours, it's nice to have FPs if you arrive earlier than the 7:00 formal check in time. I can't see why DAH tickets would be treated any different than the party tickets...

Also, I don't remember when DAH tickets were announced for 2017...this has been the earliest you can buy them. I know I ended up buying mine for Feb. 2017 within the 30 day window...did anyone buy them earlier than 60 days for 2017?

Also, I don't remember when DAH tickets were announced for 2017...this has been the earliest you can buy them. I know I ended up buying mine for Feb. 2017 within the 30 day window...did anyone buy them earlier than 60 days for 2017?

I believe 2017 DAH was first announced 12/8/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter