"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... okay, FP update!

I had my DAH ticket on a phantom that *only* had a DAH ticket. It won't let that phantom book FPs using DAH ticket only. However... when I moved the ticket to another phantom that has a 2-day ticket, the combination of DAH ticket + 2-day ticket is letting me book 3 days of FPs.

This doesn't work for me, but for people without APs, this can be useful. I will keep trying (at 30 days) to see if it will let me book FPs on a DAH ticket with no other associated ticket on the phantom. Then I can use my main bands (and associated FPs) in the morning at another park and enter MK with the phantom and hopefully use 3 FPs on the phantom. Both accounts will have valid media used to enter the park, so all is good with the T&C. And if it doesn't work, I'm cool not having the pre-DAH FPs...

Interesting... okay, FP update!

I had my DAH ticket on a phantom that *only* had a DAH ticket. It won't let that phantom book FPs using DAH ticket only. However... when I moved the ticket to another phantom that has a 2-day ticket, the combination of DAH ticket + 2-day ticket is letting me book 3 days of FPs.

This doesn't work for me, but for people without APs, this can be useful. I will keep trying (at 30 days) to see if it will let me book FPs on a DAH ticket with no other associated ticket on the phantom. Then I can use my main bands (and associated FPs) in the morning at another park and enter MK with the phantom and hopefully use 3 FPs on the phantom. Both accounts will have valid media used to enter the park, so all is good with the T&C. And if it doesn't work, I'm cool not having the pre-DAH FPs...
This is kind of off topic but is there a thread about phantom profiles/tickets? I'm confused why people do this? Would it be useful for me if we only have the DAH ticket and a Epcot ticket for our trip?
TIA!

This is kind of off topic but is there a thread about phantom profiles/tickets? I'm confused why people do this? Would it be useful for me if we only have the DAH ticket and a Epcot ticket for our trip?
TIA!

There is not such a thread (there used to be), because it can easily venture into "loopholes" and things we are not allowed to discuss.

That said (and keeping this within all rules of Disney and disboards)... are you going for 1 day or 2? If you are wanting to use the EPCOT ticket on the same day as DAH, then yes, there would be an advantage to putting the DAH ticket on a phantom. However, that is assuming (and this might be a big IF at this point) a phantom with just a DAH ticket can book FPs. The reason it would be beneficial is that you could book FPs for EPCOT in the morning and FPs for MK pre-DAH. Note: to do this you also need either a magic band ($12) or a card (free from guest services) associated with the phantom/DAH ticket. If you are going for two days and EPCOT before/after DAH day, then there is no benefit (and only headache) to having a phantom with a DAH ticket. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me so we don't derail this thread. ;-)

Last edited:

Yes with DAH and 5 day ticket I booked 6 days
Thank you ! I think I get it? LOL We are doing Epcot only on the 29th then DAH on the 30th so as you point out, it wouldn't be useful to us...I was just curious about it because I've seen it mentioned quite a bit.
Thanks again...this is the best way I've ever seen it explained!! :)

Our group of 4 will be there on 1/30 as well! I know I picked to go to Disney 1/27-2/3 based on Touring Plans crowd calendar so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that others did as well! Looking forward to being in MK at night. Seems that we always do rope drop at MK and evenings at Epcot. :)

I'll use this post to keep track of fellow DISers who are attending DAH. If you'd like to be added to the guest list, just let me know. Thanks!

2018 Disney After Hours Guest List

Friday, January 19 (8PM-11PM)

@anomamatt
@Wackdawg
@bcactus
@MaryLovesPoohBear
@CrabbyPatty
@famsen
@pattyw
@heidijanesmith
@PatMcDuck
@RDarling

Friday, January 26 (8PM-11PM)
@hosler427
@honeymo78
@kippynumber1
@First timer
@ksinniger
@MrsInsG
@Sammi & Mittz
@Liver Lips Mcgrowl

Tuesday, January 30 (8PM-11PM)
@OhhBother
@krauh
@sdomino11
@BurTam
@focusondisney
@amandaleigh2
@Limes96
@Amanda&Mike
@Aflyingbuttress
@Karen46
@Euby
@dolewhipdreams
@Lsdolphin
@mcurrence

Thursday, February 8 (8PM-11PM)

@coasternut22
@jaybee1026
@kerreyn
@lizabu
@DisneyGuy
@fstone

Thursday, February 15 (9PM-12AM)
@eeyoreandtink
@CarolynFH
@dwsandy
@GADisneyDad14
@georgina
@sadliltear
@julezdisney

Thursday, March 1 (9PM-12AM)

@Haley R
@MIAMouseketeer
@igrsod
@senadler
@Lesley Wake
@foodiddiedoo
@bjschil
@Johndubbya

Thursday, March 8 (9PM-12AM)
@Tinkerbell58
@Pdollar88
@bbangel
@MermaidMommy
@jenushkask8s
@indyannamom
@csmom
@rosysubmarine

Guest list has been updated with those that posted over the last few days. Seems like lots of DISers on board. We're less than 60 days away from the first night - it'll be here before we know it. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thank you to everyone for your continued contributions to this thread! :thanks:

Guest list has been updated with those that posted over the last few days. Seems like lots of DISers on board. We're less than 60 days away from the first night - it'll be here before we know it. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thank you to everyone for your continued contributions to this thread! :thanks:
That's crazy that we are less than 60 days away from the first night!

Prices for airfare were reasonable enough to justify going again so I just bought tickets for DAH on January 30! That date ended up just working out best for us and our schedules/flights. I am totally justifying the expense by using miles and points on this trip. It is also going to be our Christmas present for the family. I don't know how the girls will feel about the trip being their present but every time I go into their room and see how much STUFF they have I am good with the decision. They are 11, 9, and 7. Any ideas how to surprise them Christmas morning with the trip and DAH specifically? I was thinking of wrapping gifts that explained parts of the trip, or maybe some type of scavenger hunt.

Prices for airfare were reasonable enough to justify going again so I just bought tickets for DAH on January 30! That date ended up just working out best for us and our schedules/flights. I am totally justifying the expense by using miles and points on this trip. It is also going to be our Christmas present for the family. I don't know how the girls will feel about the trip being their present but every time I go into their room and see how much STUFF they have I am good with the decision. They are 11, 9, and 7. Any ideas how to surprise them Christmas morning with the trip and DAH specifically? I was thinking of wrapping gifts that explained parts of the trip, or maybe some type of scavenger hunt.
We are surprising our 9 yo niece for Christmas. Our trip isn't until February 27 so she'll have some waiting to do, but that's part of the fun IMO. We were going to do the scavenger hunt, but think she might be a bit old for that so instead we are just going to put all of it in her suitcase and wrap her suitcase up. Here are the things we bought to put in the suitcase: Mickey water bottle, mickey drawstring bag, DAH ticket (card), "I'm going to Disney t-shirt" that I designed, and either a beach towel or coloring book (whichever I can find for cheaper). We are paying for her trip so we didn't see the need to go crazy and already bought her a giant Stitch for her birthday in April.

"I'm going to Disney t-shirt" that I designed

Curious, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you design your shirt? DW got a “Cricut” printer earlier this year and has become a T-shirt making fool. Now I’m thinking I need to ask her to make some DAH shirts for us! :scratchin

My friend has a cricut and she used it last year to make matching shirts for her family for a Disney cruise - it's pretty cool!

I’ll be honest, we used to look at all the people with coordinated/custom shirts and roll our eyes a bit - just wasn’t our thing. Fast forward to this past October when my kids had custom/matching/themed shirts to go with each day/park plan. Full 180 degree change in our perspective! :rotfl:

I’ll be honest, we used to look at all the people with coordinated/custom shirts and roll our eyes a bit - just wasn’t our thing. Fast forward to this past October when my kids had custom/matching/themed shirts to go with each day/park plan. Full 180 degree change in our perspective! :rotfl:

lol - cute! I've always found it kind of charming! I mean, where else can you proudly walk down the "street" in matching shirts with your family? I almost asked my friend to make us matching shirts for my sister trip, but I knew one of them wouldn't have gone for it! I only did matching shirts for my family once - I found these awesome limited edition monorail shirts! Although of course, shirts are planned with park plans in mind, lol!

I am a bit worried about the matching shirts I'm anticipating for my daughter's dance trip - the one I'm planning to do DAH. I don't think I will find it as charming if I need to match with 30 or 40 people! :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter