"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

We absolutely loved this last year and once we get back after the first week in October we are going to buy January 19th for our next trip!

Last edited:
My husband and I are going March 1. We are taking our 9 year old niece on her first trip and also her mom. We will only have one other day at MK so this seemed like a good option for us. It was either this or go all day with crowds. It just makes more sense to us to be able to ride those big rides more than once when this might be her only trip to Disney. Our plan is to relax and swim during the day, eat dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and take the boat over for Disney After Hours.

We just added a day to our trip in March and going March 1st. Will need to get a babysitter for our 2 year old, but looking forward to riding the big kid rides again

So for those who have gone before and stayed onsite, how is the resort transportation. Unfortunately, the BCV was booked which is where we are staying from the 2nd-6th, so we booked a night at the Poly for the 1st. I assume we can ride the monorail to the park at 7pm, but what about after? I know the monorail will be closed, but will the boat? If so, were the buses pretty regular?

So for those who have gone before and stayed onsite, how is the resort transportation. Unfortunately, the BCV was booked which is where we are staying from the 2nd-6th, so we booked a night at the Poly for the 1st. I assume we can ride the monorail to the park at 7pm, but what about after? I know the monorail will be closed, but will the boat? If so, were the buses pretty regular?

Ugh. I didn't even think that the monorail will be closed! We are staying at Poly too. There's got to be some way to get back. Maybe shuttles like they do for the night time DVC events?

So there are shuttles at the DVC events? We are attending (hopefully) our first one in December and was wondering about that

Ugh. I didn't even think that the monorail will be closed! We are staying at Poly too. There's got to be some way to get back. Maybe shuttles like they do for the night time DVC events?

We won’t likely know if they’ll keep the monorail running that late until the event, I suspect.

I’m trying to remember how things went last year, probably need to go back and read some threads to refresh my memory. I know on our night (2/16) the monorail and boat were not running and we took a bus back to Poly. I ‘think’ our bus was shared with CR, WL, and GF - but I can’t fully remember. I do remember DS falling asleep on the bus as we putzed through WL! I need to go check my own posts from last year to see if I’m remembering that correctly.

But, my memory was that it was no big deal and they had the busses very organized/running quickly.

Last edited:
We went this past March. The boat to the TTC was running after the event , I do not know about the others. ETA The monorail was closed afterwards so it was a choice between boat or bus for us

We won’t likely know if they’ll keep the monorail running that late until the event, I suspect.

I’m trying to remember how things went last year, probably need to go back and read some threads to refresh my memory. I know on our night (2/16) the monorail and boat were not running and we took a bus back to Poly. I ‘think’ our bus was shared with CR, WL, and GF - but I can’t fully remember. I do remember DS falling asleep on the bus as we putzed through WL! I need to go check my own posts from last year to see if I’m remembering that correctly.

But, my memory was that it was no big deal and they had the busses very organized/running quickly.

Last year I was at WL and the busses were running. Now, I was the only person on my bus when I went back to my resort (I estimated that I left around 10ish rather than 11 when the park actually closed). I estimated that I had to wait under 10 minutes from the time I walked up to one showing up. If the Monorail isn't open and if they're not running the boats they will have a bus, don't worry.

Thanks for adding me to the list GADisneyDad14. I thought the Tuesday would be the least popular date. But it seems to be the most popular date with Dissers so far.

Ha! Although that’s probably one of the best nights, honestly... Jan, mid week. I’d do it if I could!

As for me, I’ve officially lost it. I’m definitely going that Thursday before Pres Day weekend as it coincides with DS being off school. I’m also very seriously considering one of those Fridays in Jan just for an adult weekend with DW. I’m having such awesome visions of us in the MK... with low crowds... and no kids..... yep, I’ll take it!

Need to get busy planning some trips now. :rolleyes1 Damn you Disney. >:(

Ha! Although that’s probably one of the best nights, honestly... Jan, mid week. I’d do it if I could!

As for me, I’ve officially lost it. I’m definitely going that Thursday before Pres Day weekend as it coincides with DS being off school. I’m also very seriously considering one of those Fridays in Jan just for an adult weekend with DW. I’m having such awesome visions of us in the MK... with low crowds... and no kids..... yep, I’ll take it!

Need to get busy planning some trips now. :rolleyes1 Damn you Disney. >:(

:thumbsup2 Listen, I understand. I live in Buffalo NY, not exactly close to Orlando. We have APs & I currently have airfare booked for 3 trips: a week in December, 3 nights in January & a week in April. Plus plans for a week in September, SW flights not available for then yet or that would be booked too. I have a travel agent quote for January & will hopefully book bouncebacks for April & September when we're there in December.

We need a 12 step program. "Hi, I'm focus & I'm a Disney World addict".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter