Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Our school system is on fall break the week of Columbus Day as well, same reason for us picking that week, my husband is also a teacher!

There's a rumor (that I'm really hoping is true) that this year may be a 10 year anniversary of Reflections of Fear. Especially since the copyright for Bloody Mary was cancelled in October of last year.

I tried to read this entire thread but I'm getting old so I may be asking a question already answered, so I apologize in advance.

I've got until 6/6 to buy 3 2 day HHN tickets for 9/23 and 9/29. I won't go 2 nights without being on the RIP Tour for the Friday night of 9/23. RIP Tours are not available until mid-June? I tried to get the package deal to add the RIP Tour and was told that that Friday night still in September would cost me $260 per person? The package ticket price add reads from $192. Doesn't a $70 increase seem a little high for September? Without an RIP Tour I don't know whether to buy the 2 night HHN tickets?

I tried to read this entire thread but I'm getting old so I may be asking a question already answered, so I apologize in advance.

I've got until 6/6 to buy 3 2 day HHN tickets for 9/23 and 9/29. I won't go 2 nights without being on the RIP Tour for the Friday night of 9/23. RIP Tours are not available until mid-June? I tried to get the package deal to add the RIP Tour and was told that that Friday night still in September would cost me $260 per person? The package ticket price add reads from $192. Doesn't a $70 increase seem a little high for September? Without an RIP Tour I don't know whether to buy the 2 night HHN tickets?

You could buy them just in case, since this deal ends soon, and then see about booking a RIP tour when they're public. I mean worse case you can get express. I've only done an RIP tour once but was still able to see everything over 2 nights with just express.

You kind of get spoiled like getting EP for staying at the hotels. I've stayed at the on-site hotels for 16 years. The same is true for RIP. We have done the RIP tours for HHN and Behind the Screams for the last 5 of our HHN visits. I'm likely to do exactly what you recommend. I might just stay at PBH and watch a horror movie. Thanks for your help.

If your trip covers more than 2 HHN nights, you might want to wait it out & hope multiday tix are offered

Saturday & sometimes friday nights have been blacked out on some multliday tix. Without checking last years sticky (where general info such as tix prices are listed in first few posts for easy reference), believe Friday was included on one I purchased Frequent Fear Plus @ $107 pp/APH

Multilday tix have been common for years but until it’s posted, we are all waiting for details.

Interesting they tossed out the 2 day tix upfront of other offerings. No idea if they are testing the waters to see how many jump or it’s some sort of teaser rate that will increase as the date gets closer

My understanding that the 2 day HHN tix would be upgradeable at the gate for other admission but I don’t have written confirmation on that. Would think they’d be more than happy to accept more $$$ from guests

Participated in a private tour last year again. Decided to either do EP or public tour when I extended original trip. Six weeks prior to the date(sunday prior to Columbus Day) the APH rate dropped to $220 pp. It was closer to $300 when i first started pricing and didn’t include the price of admission.

Thanks for your help! The number of nights is not as important as the RIP Tour. On the Tour I'll see it all.
The more I think about it our 1st night could be Sunday and the crowd should be lower as well as the price. I wonder if they would even have RIP Tours on a Sunday in September? And if they do it should be the $192 price range.

Thanks for your help! The number of nights is not as important as the RIP Tour. On the Tour I'll see it all.
The more I think about it our 1st night could be Sunday and the crowd should be lower as well as the price. I wonder if they would even have RIP Tours on a Sunday in September? And if they do it should be the $192 price range.

Every night as far as I’m aware. That early in season surely less crowded

The tours sell well. If anything I’d expect In area of 10% increase in pricing.

We shall see

You think it will be 10% above the $192 (211) or 10% above the $220 ($242) that you paid last year?
I'm going to shoot for Sunday the 23rd. Did you mean to say that the Tours sell when it is less crowded? I would guess the opposite.
We are used to going Oct. 14 (daughters birthday) or Oct. 27th (my birthday) which can get both pricey and congested.
I guess I have a few days before I have to get the 2 day HHN tickets to make up my mind. I'm leaning towards taking my daughter out to eat and a movie. My son can fill us in on the Gory details. I would like to go with him since this will be the 25th anniversary of our first HHN.
People have asked "How young is too young", so how old is too old? Maybe its time to hang up the HHN shoes?

You think it will be 10% above the $192 (211) or 10% above the $220 ($242) that you paid last year?
I'm going to shoot for Sunday the 23rd. Did you mean to say that the Tours sell when it is less crowded? I would guess the opposite.
We are used to going Oct. 14 (daughters birthday) or Oct. 27th (my birthday) which can get both pricey and congested.
I guess I have a few days before I have to get the 2 day HHN tickets to make up my mind. I'm leaning towards taking my daughter out to eat and a movie. My son can fill us in on the Gory details. I would like to go with him since this will be the 25th anniversary of our first HHN.
People have asked "How young is too young", so how old is too old? Maybe its time to hang up the HHN shoes?

I plan on atttending until they carry me feet first out. Age is but a number, many 60 somethings lighter in spirit and more physically fit than millennials

My observation is that in general, most touristy things in MCO in tend to increase somewhere between a 7 - 10% minimum annual

Tours are offered every HHN night. If there is the demand, i’m going to go with that they will dredge up a part-time tour guide (they are assuredly not all created equal unfortunately) and add on another tour to make some $$$$. They do ‘sell out’ for certain popular dates though as reported here.

The time has come the walrus said to talk of many things:ccat:, I too need to decide what to do re the 2 day tix paradox. Slim hope U might toss out the traditional multi day tix offerings before the window for the 2 day ones expire.

Thanks for cheering me up! Age is a number. Weight is a number. Unfortunately cost is the largest number!

The guides are something I need help with. Mine have retired or died. Deena was my favorite.

There's a rumor (that I'm really hoping is true) that this year may be a 10 year anniversary of Reflections of Fear. Especially since the copyright for Bloody Mary was cancelled in October of last year.
Last year I wore my Reflections of Fear lanyard.....
It's one of my favorites.

That was a good year for hhn......Reflections of Fear

Last year I wore my Reflections of Fear lanyard.....
It's one of my favorites.

That was a good year for hhn......Reflections of Fear

Tom still wears his Reflections of Fear lanyard most years.......it’s his favourite one........

That was a good year.........Bloody Mary :scared1:

I remember all the fuss the billboards along the roads caused that year too........parents complaining how scary the pictures were I thought they were fabulous!!! Universal never did back down to them :thumbsup2

Here are some pictures from last year's HHN to keep the Halloween spirits up.

V3eMhRT.jpg

yxKcqv0.jpg

K1uUGVW.jpg

Can someone brief me on how a HHN day would work if you are not going FOR HHN?? We are going to be at Disney the 24th-29th of Oct and had set aside Fri, the 26th for Universal. We really just want to see HP World, and our 2 youngest would not enjoy HHN at all (our 14 year old would love it...but maybe another time!). Is it a separate ticket? Kind of like MNSSHP where regular ticket holders leave early? Is it kid friendly in the morning? ANY info is appreciated! We've never been to Universal so this is ALL new to me!!

The studios is the park hhn is held

On dates hhn happens, the studios closes at 5Pm

If you have P2P tickets, switch other to Island of Adventure as they will be open

I would have to look at the uo calendar to see IOA park hours for your dates

Large props used during hhn are covered during the day time
Nothing to scare your kids while in the park that Friday or any day

Hhn is a separate ticket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter