Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

So the 5 house half RIP tour is available every night now? If so, we get into MCO next friday afternoon and head on over to VIP area at Universal Studios and buy the tour. We were going to do EP but would rather do this and make it an early night as we have the Uncover the Horror tour the next morning on Saturday. Thanks
It's impossible to talk in absolutes about the 5 house tour.

They should be available every night, but it depends on the number of guides who have signed up to work. I'd think on a Friday, there would be A lot of guides who want to work.

I think they max the tours at 12 people. There were only 8 on ours.

I am not surprised. The park was crowded when we got there at noon. (Our party was 10/10, so not there tonight) Gringott's took 30 min. for express at 4:00pm today. We were meeting family for dinner and headed to Islands after. Toothsome was super packed and slow. Islands was crowded, but when we left at 8:15 there was a steady stream of people headed in, and more cars than I've ever seen coming into that parking lot. Cars were blocking the intersection turning to get in. I wonder if Express sold out? I don't know if we would have enjoyed Wednesday without it.
Timing is everything, I guess.

We got to USO around 8 yesterday and stayed until close. The only long lines we had (with EP) were F&F (I wasn't watching the time, but I'd guess we waited 40 minutes) and transformers at 4:00 was a 15 min wait.

At 10am, we walked right into the first pre-show on Gringott's. At 4:30, we walked into the pre-show for Minions

We went to toothsome for lunch on Wednesday, think. Seated right away and the plan e was pretty empty. Service was very slow.

I'm glad not to be in the parks today since hhn is sold out.
I can imagine the crowds and line waits this afternoon !

I arrived home yesterday and playing catch tch up on threads today.
Thanks for the info on the sell out.

My thought is no park tickets sold that day for the evening hhn but those with the passes will be honored.

I looked at my hhn FF + ep pass and it has nothing listed if there is a sell out.
You should be fine using your FF pass to get in for hhn tonight.

That is only my guess.
I have been only once when it rumored to be a sell out after I was inside the park waiting for hhn to begin.

If you need reassurance, call guest services for their official info regarding park sell outs during hhn.

I'm glad not to be in the parks today since hhn is sold out.
I can imagine the crowds and line waits this afternoon !

I arrived home yesterday and playing ctch up on threads today.
Thanks for the info on the sell out.

We spent most of the day in UOR (8:00-1:45 or so) and the EP lines were fast. Gringott's we walked right up to the merge point. F&F walked into the pre-show. Mummy we got stopped halfway up the steps. MIB we got stopped halfway down the steps.

The longest wait was for HE, but again, we walked right to the merge.

We went back to the hotel to wash clothes, we will be without power for days at home due to Michael, and we're back in IOA now.

Spider-Man showed 65 minute wait. EP was 12 minutes and they were sending cars with empty rows.

Doom shows 65 and we just got in line. EP backed up before the steps, so this will be a long wait.

ETA: one side of Doom was down. Took us about 20 minutes.

JP was an EP walk on.

Watched the last showing of the hogwarts lights and now our longest wait of the trip - we checked Tooth, Buffet, Vivo, and Cowfish. All were 45 minutes or longer even with the on-site guest access.

Last edited:
You had a great day cshaaf!
Not bad waits for what you mentioned.

But I see a few lines had waits now that i reread your post.

My guess is hhn will be crowded tonight.
I quit going on Saturday nights due to higher crowds.
I only go Sun-Fri for hhn.

Saturday night for City Walk can be a scramble for short waits to get in an eatery.

Either I do city walk on Saturday about 4:45 for an early dinner or just hit the section for Moes, Burger King, etc for fast service and eat there.

The other days of the week were not much of a wait for me in the evenings but I went Sun-Thurs those nights.
Think my longest wait as a walk up was 20 minutes

So, did the price of the RIP Tour increase? I thought it was cheaper last season.

The private rip hhn tour I did this year was at the same price as last year.
Did same Friday night for Columbus day weekend both years.

I don't know if the public rip hhn tours were the same or an increased for 2018.

Not sure what has gone on the last two nights, but apparently the crowds are large and rowdy? There are scareactors and team members taking to social media reporting they are being harassed, and, in some cases, assaulted. How hard is it to go to a public event and just be a decent human being?

Not sure what has gone on the last two nights, but apparently the crowds are large and rowdy? There are scareactors and team members taking to social media reporting they are being harassed, and, in some cases, assaulted. How hard is it to go to a public event and just be a decent human being?

That’s awful to hear!!!

I agree......how hard is it to behave like a decent person.........I hope these folks are known and as many as possible ejected from the park!

SA and TM do an amazing job, they shouldn’t have to deal with idiots like this.......

Which social media’s?
Nothing listed on the one I have been reading

Columbus Day weekend in the past had issues with over eager guests before
When the booze stands and alcohol was very accessible, there were issues in past years
When the sale of alcohol was limited on where it could be bought and the shot girls ceased to exist, there were a lot less problems

So, did the price of the RIP Tour increase? I thought it was cheaper last season.
I added my wife for public RIP tour for Sat October 27th (originally only bought a ticket for myself). The price actually went up $30 since I bought my ticket in August. Was a little surprised.

Ugh, so gross

We didn't see anything that bad, but we saw our fair share of drunk people on Wed and Thurs.

Our Wed run through of DE was ruined by drunk couple . They were right in front of us and spent the time falling over each other. Going back and forth between arguing and making out.

At the entrance, security told them they couldn't take their beers in. She dumped hers, he pounded the rest of his.

Two steps into the house, he whipped out his phone and held it above his head.

An ops guy told him to turn it off and he just brushed him off and kept going. The ops guy gave chose and kept telling him to shut it off. Ops ended up following him through most of the maze, then pointed the guy out to security.

Secigot to him and pulled him aside and his drunk partner kept going, oblivious to what was going on.

We heard him arguing that 'facetime is not recording'. Then he ran from security try to find his GF/wife/whatever.

Security grabbed him again and we were past the a room by that point.

We missed half of the house due to the action. We probably should ha r asked for another run.

Fortunately we had another night to try it again. And I loved that house.

On Wednesday the 10th I noted above that the crowds were pouring in across the bridge and it was more rowdy then the other nights I attended. The alcohol was flowing and drink lines were long.

I had two incidents that happened to me that evening.

1. While I was in express line for Trick ‘r Treat a young couple who were behind me in line who had been drinking decided to let loose with a not so pleasant stream of inebriated consciousness that turned physical as the girl 3 times hit be in the back when she was flailing her arms. Not an excuse me or nothing. I finally turned around and told her if she hit my back one more time I was going to security. She then apologized. I asked them to take a step back away from me.

While going through the house her boyfriends hand got a little to close to my face when we were going through curtained area and I was ready and saw it and swatted it away.........unbelievable.

2. When I was getting on boat to go back to SF a fellow who had to much to drink stepped on my heel of my tennis shoe and I came out of my shoe and almost fell. He raced past me without so much as an I’am sorry. I had enough and I walked right up to him and said how rude of you.

So, yes it was rowdy that evening. I feel sorry for the Scareactors that someome would be so hurtful and rude to harass or hit them........it always seems there are a few bad folks who don’t know their limits with alcohol that ruin things for everyone else.

The crowd that evening seemed to be mostly in the 20 - 30 year range with a few older people like myself mixed in.
Definitely the rowdiest night of all the nights I attended.

That being said, I think HHN is a fun event for all who love all things Halloween....I respect the dedication that the Scareactors give to this event. They are a big factor in the event and should not have to be concerned for their safety.

I think HHN is the best movie quality haunted house and Scare Zone event in the US. It has without a doubt the best Scareactors. I will not let one bad night of many visited on this trip keep me from coming back.

Which social media’s?
Nothing listed on the one I have been reading

Columbus Day weekend in the past had issues with over eager guests before
When the booze stands and alcohol was very accessible, there were issues in past years
When the sale of alcohol was limited on where it could be bought and the shot girls ceased to exist, there were a lot less problems

Attachments

• IMG_6785.PNG
    IMG_6785.PNG
    284.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6786.PNG
    IMG_6786.PNG
    251.5 KB · Views: 53

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!