"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I am hoping to see Frozen Dessert party for October
Me too! Basically the only plans I don't have solidified are our SWGS and FEA dessert parties. I want the SWGS for either 9/29 or 9/30, and FEA for either 9/29 or 10/3. I know they'll get released... I'm just not patient.

Was just able to book BOG for 10/31! They’re open! (still no CRT yet)
yay! well, sorta. lol... I got texts from tourist planning today and I was actually able to book dinners on 10/14, 10/15 and 10/17 at BOG (all 3 days I'll be in MK). so weird. so ironically. i dont need the MNSSHP lol. but at least its now open for everyone else :)

The Tomorrowland Terrace view doesn't look very good to me. If we decided to do a dessert party I would rather do the Garden view one, but that one doesn't come with parade viewing right?

Thanks! But HEA has all the projections that make seeing it as straight on as possible important. I was curious for specific reviews of Hallowishes from the Terrace--does it have the same type of projections that need to be seen straight on? Or some but not as many as HEA? Basically, seeing Hallowishes from the side, not just general fireworks views from the side. :)

There are several videos on youtube of the hallowishes fireworks. If you don't mind spoilers, I'd recommend watching those to decide. I watched a video from the garden and while there were projections, it was very basic and the same all over the castle. Nothing like what I've heard about HEA (and I don't want to be spoiled for that so I haven't watched it yet)

The Tomorrowland Terrace view doesn't look very good to me. If we decided to do a dessert party I would rather do the Garden view one, but that one doesn't come with parade viewing right?
Last year, niether dessert party offered parade viewing during MNSSHP.

For optimal fireworks and parade viewing, book the Happy Hallowishes Garden party. You'll eat at the terrace, and then move to the garden to view the fireworks. Immediately after the fireworks, move to the main street/hub area, and stake out a good spot for viewing the 2nd parade.

If your group is quick, and travels well, you also could move away from Main Street after the fireworks. You could move toward Liberty Square or Frontier Land, where supposedly the parade crowds are thinner.

I was caught up with all my planning so at least the Hallowishes Dessert Party has given me something new to obsess over! I am going to get carpal tunnel from the constant refreshing of the page lol

I don’t have a problem at all...

There are several videos on youtube of the hallowishes fireworks. If you don't mind spoilers, I'd recommend watching those to decide. I watched a video from the garden and while there were projections, it was very basic and the same all over the castle. Nothing like what I've heard about HEA (and I don't want to be spoiled for that so I haven't watched it yet)
THis is the exact reason I would not consider the Hallowishes dessert party but am considering the HEA one

Last year, niether dessert party offered parade viewing during MNSSHP.

For optimal fireworks and parade viewing, book the Happy Hallowishes Garden party. You'll eat at the terrace, and then move to the garden to view the fireworks. Immediately after the fireworks, move to the main street/hub area, and stake out a good spot for viewing the 2nd parade.

If your group is quick, and travels well, you also could move away from Main Street after the fireworks. You could move toward Liberty Square or Frontier Land, where supposedly the parade crowds are thinner.
It'll just be DH and I so we would be able to make a quick break for Frontierland if we decide to do that. I think we will probably end up trying the Garden party, but we'll see.

Looking for some advice about which date to book MNSSHP. On our arrival day (Thursday) or our last full day (Tuesday)? Our flight gets us in at 8:40 so in theory timing wouldn’t be an issue and our departure flight is late the next day. I have a 7 yo and a 4 yo and we will be staying at the CR. I’m wondering if it will be too much to go to the party on the same day as our travel day and be out late.

Looking for some advice about which date to book MNSSHP. On our arrival day (Thursday) or our last full day (Tuesday)? Our flight gets us in at 8:40 so in theory timing wouldn’t be an issue and our departure flight is late the next day. I have a 7 yo and a 4 yo and we will be staying at the CR. I’m wondering if it will be too much to go to the party on the same day as our travel day and be out late.
I would do the Tuesday. Historically they say Tuesdays are the least crowded

We're planning on going on our arrival day, but we don't have any kids. I feel like they should be okay if you allow enough time to nap at your hotel. I just wouldn't plan anything else for the day.

I am wondering something about the Happy Hallowishes Dessert Party. I’m thinking of booking it. Would we be able to go directly from the parade viewing to the dessert party? I want to have time to enjoy some of the desserts before we would want to turn our attention to the fireworks. How much time between the two might we have?

And has anyone had a dessert party with parade viewing? How crowded are you at the parade viewing? DH is a little claustrophobic so if he does not have to have others too close the Break Out y’er broomstick party with parade, dessert, and fireworks might make him a happy camper! This is our first MNSSHP and we have never done a dessert party.....could be fun!

. It depends on your kiddos but for us arrival date at 8:40 wouldn’t work. We’re arriving at a similar time but counting backwards, we will need to get up sometime between 2:30 and 3:00am to get to the airport. There is no way she would last until midnight at the party (meaning a short night’s sleep then up close to 24 hours) and if she did, we’d be toast for the next couple of days trying to catch up on sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter