"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Well, I just sent off a bit of a nasty gram. My tone wasn't as pleasant as my first inquiry, but that tends to happen when I get lied to. I'm not expecting much and really my only ask of them is to confirm, with certainty what the actual description of the dessert parties should be so that I can decide to cancel or not. I'm not holding my breath.

IMO Nastygram is justifiable. I emailed too, not a nastygram since it's my first communication about it. I'm so sad they seem to be taking this away!

I too sent an email to express my feelings on listing something, people buy it, and then taking it away without letting those who have it paid for aware.
Imagine those who don't obsess :o and show up confused where they go for the parade viewing.

Anyhoo, I checked daily, because as much as I hoped, it just felt too good to be true. At this point, I'd eat at Tony's for a parade view package.:teeth:

I too sent an email to express my feelings on listing something, people buy it, and then taking it away without letting those who have it paid for aware.
Imagine those who don't obsess :o and show up confused where they go for the parade viewing.

Anyhoo, I checked daily, because as much as I hoped, it just felt too good to be true. At this point, I'd eat at Tony's for a parade view package.:teeth:

I made this same point in my letter to them as well. You can't sell something, take a portion of it away and not say anything to the people who bought it. My other main point was how am I supposed to trust that what they are saying now is what we'll actually get? There is clearly no credibility with what they are posting and they could basically say anything at this point and I'd have zero confidence in it. What's most frustrating about this is it's not that difficult. Figure out what your event is going to be, write a description... have it approved by whoever it is that makes the decisions on what the event is going to be and post it.

UGHHH NOOOOOOOOO. I am really annoyed at this! Disney is one of the largest companies in the world, and yet it's ok that they pull a bait and switch?? Totally unacceptable!
Disney always covers their butts.. There is language in there that it is all subject to change.. So whatever they want to do, they can. And will keep doing it as long as people are giving them money.

Anyone gone on a sold out night who can compare it to a sold out mvmcp?

We are trying to change our dates and it will mean attending a sold out party. The cost will be high, but we attended the sold out last? mvmcp this past Dec. and I didn't think it was that bad. TIA!
FWIW, I have attended quite a few sell outs (both MNSSHP and MVMCP). While I would normally agree that MVMCP always feels more crowded (even on non sell outs), the last MVMCP of 2017 is definitely the exception. I would have never thought in a million years that party was sold out if I didn’t know it was. We had minimal waits for everything and very little congestion anywhere (except parade and fireworks time). So if that’s your only experience with a sold out party, you may be unpleasantly surprised. However, I always say that with a good plan, the date doesn’t matter.

So, with no reserved parade viewing, and since I am going to the first party I fear a lot of Bloggers, is Frontierland the best bet for a good spot for the 2nd parade? I'm thinking HP at midnight, and we may ride rides during the fireworks now, still undecided, I have the Plaza Garden reserved, but may cancel.

Disney always covers their butts.. There is language in there that it is all subject to change.. So whatever they want to do, they can. And will keep doing it as long as people are giving them money.

Our complaint isn't about them changing it as we know things are subject to change but you actually need to notify people of the change. It shouldn't be our responsibility once we booked to make sure its still offered. If my flight changes or is no longer offer they don't just make you figure out what to do. They email you and notify you so you are aware. Not everyone who books is checking the description of something after they booked.

Our complaint isn't about them changing it as we know things are subject to change but you actually need to notify people of the change. It shouldn't be our responsibility once we booked to make sure its still offered. If my flight changes or is no longer offer they don't just make you figure out what to do. They email you and notify you so you are aware. Not everyone who books is checking the description of something after they booked.
THIS. You can’t just take away a portion of the offering without notifying those that booked prior.

I don't disagree about being notified. But there is some time until the event and it is possible they haven't finalized what will be offered so were holding off on notifications.
People would be up in arms also if got notification of change and decided to cancel, then found out they added it back.

My post was that there is no 'bait and switch' since Disney always says 'Experiences subject to change'.

I am confused by this...why does that make it seem as though BTMRR is in need of refurbishment? It has been less than two years since the last lengthy refurb and there haven’t been any instances of it breaking down.

I actually thought that Space Mtn would be up next for refurbishment since it seemed like they were doing a mountain a year. I am glad to see that as of now, it is up and running!
where is the refurbs list . Thanks

FWIW, I have attended quite a few sell outs (both MNSSHP and MVMCP). While I would normally agree that MVMCP always feels more crowded (even on non sell outs), the last MVMCP of 2017 is definitely the exception. I would have never thought in a million years that party was sold out if I didn’t know it was. We had minimal waits for everything and very little congestion anywhere (except parade and fireworks time). So if that’s your only experience with a sold out party, you may be unpleasantly surprised. However, I always say that with a good plan, the date doesn’t matter.
Thanks for the insight! I went back and checked, and we were there on the 19th of December. I got the flu on that trip so my memories are very fuzzy. Pretty sure it was a sold out date. Either way, taking a chance on the (sure to be) sold out MNSSHP this year. We mostly go for the atmosphere/decor anyway, so I'm sure it will be fun!

I don't disagree about being notified. But there is some time until the event and it is possible they haven't finalized what will be offered so were holding off on notifications.
People would be up in arms also if got notification of change and decided to cancel, then found out they added it back.

My post was that there is no 'bait and switch' since Disney always says 'Experiences subject to change'.

I agree, strictly from a legal perspective they will always cover their butts. But, they are also in the business of customer service and they have a pretty high standard of service, IMO, which they are not demonstrating in this particular instance, at least not yet. This could all be avoided if they just finalized the details of an event before putting it for sale. There is really no reason why any of us need to be booking a dessert party several months in advance. Sure, some of us (I'm looking at myself) are planning freaks and love getting everything nailed down months in advance, but given the choice, I'd happily wait to book one month before if I knew for certain what they were selling is what I would receive as opposed to booking way in advance and spending my time trying to follow their uncertainty and multiple changes to event descriptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter