"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Are Jack & Sally out in the open, so if we're happy just snapping a picture of them as we are out and about we can do so, or is waiting in line really your only option?
they are in the gazebo. you can get pictures from outside the line, but they will be from the side and likely have other people in the them. The line is positioned so that they face it.

I wanted to add for those who are getting parade viewing.
Because we had so much room, my kids had a ton of interaction from characters in the parade. (we weren't hidden in the crowds)
My DD16 had Loki Mickey ears on, and soooo many characters either spoke to her about her ears, or made jesters to her. A few: Jafar, skeleton band member, Peter Pan, Mad Hatter, and more, it was making her night. pixiedust:

Donald had a cape on, as did my DS6, so Donald went out of his way to point this out to him. (Donald is his fav too, so that made his night)

The ghost dancers will make eye contact with you and make facial expressions just for you or your children. And other characters will make your kids feel noticed. It really beats just being in the crowds,,,

My point, if main street view is not a priority, move over to space, and you will get a great view and great interactions for fantastic memories. :)

Also, because we went to the parade spot late, the dessert party did not cut into our party time. We still had time to load up 2 plates of desserts and get plenty to drink before the fireworks started.

I truly wish they had this option every year, it really did make our party night perfect.

Hope you all have a fantastic time on your nights! :maleficen

I have some follow up questions. First, did you do the first parade viewing? As another poster asked, did you go to the dessert party early at 7:30, then to the parade, and then the fireworks? I'm trying to figure out what the best plan is logistically. It sounds like we do want to keep the party though.

Are Jack & Sally out in the open, so if we're happy just snapping a picture of them as we are out and about we can do so, or is waiting in line really your only option?
they meet at the gazebo behind the Christmas store, you could try to get a pic but frowned upon to get one when other people are meeting, CM might actually block your view. I would recommend hanging around and waiting for their breaks, then you can get them walking in or out like this

If you don't want your picture with them why not just use one of the pics of them that's already online? It is generally considered bad park etiquette to take pics of characters while others are meeting with them. They won't be facing you and most likely either Jack or Sally's face will be obscured from your view. As another person commented, the CMs may even block your view.

Read on Disney food blog that starting Oct 1st Zero waffle sundae will be available all day. Hope that’s true because we go in Oct!
Thinking we’ll stop by Sleepy Hollow about 5pm for chicken waffle sandwich and the sundae and not waste party time there.

Yes, as seen here:
Zero Waffle Sundae $6.49 / Specialty Treat then starting on Oct 1 it will become an Anytime Treat: Special pumpkin waffles for you here at Sleepy Hollow. This sundae comes topped vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, and a caramel drizzle.

All Specialty and Anytime Treats; descriptions and prices have been posted here:

[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989842"]Post #8[/URL]

If you don't want your picture with them why not just use one of the pics of them that's already online? It is generally considered bad park etiquette to take pics of characters while others are meeting with them. They won't be facing you and most likely either Jack or Sally's face will be obscured from your view. As another person commented, the CMs may even block your view.

The same reason any person takes any picture of anything that's ever been taken before? You're there, you see the thing/person and you want a picture of it to preserve the moment. I don't see why it would bother any other person if I want to take a picture of something. There are literally dozens of blogs and other Disney related sites that show a picture of a character meeting someone else that isn't connected to the photographer, why should my picture matter any more or less?

Werthers has a prominate spot as a candy stop at the party - dh and I mentioned we love werthers and they filled both of our bags to the top with werthers - favorite stop of the night

You went to the first party this year? Where is this location and can you post a picture of your candy haul with the Werther's, Disney has not had this juicy morsel in a few years. Thank you so much. :-)

You will still be able to get the pin. We got a pin last year for the October 15 party. They had tons. I don't know about the MB though.

Which pins are you talking about the Exclusive MNSSHP pins or the Halloween pins? When I go in late October on Halloween night the Exclusive MNSSHP pins have been sold out.

The same reason any person takes any picture of anything that's ever been taken before? You're there, you see the thing/person and you want a picture of it to preserve the moment. I don't see why it would bother any other person if I want to take a picture of something. There are literally dozens of blogs and other Disney related sites that show a picture of a character meeting someone else that isn't connected to the photographer, why should my picture matter any more or less?

If you stand in line to get a photo then your entitled to get any photo you want weather you want to be in the actual photo or not. If your just trying to get a photo for yourself of just the character and no one else while your passing by and you don't care who else is in the photo then I can't see how that will bother anyone unless your putting peoples pictures on a website or something without their permission.

If you stand in line to get a photo then your entitled to get any photo you want weather you want to be in the actual photo or not. If your just trying to get a photo for yourself of just the character and no one else while your passing by and you don't care who else is in the photo then I can't see how that will bother anyone unless your putting peoples pictures on a website or something without their permission.
Obviously the video posted above didn't follow the rules....

As it has been mentioned already, it bothers the CMs and is bad etiquette. It will not wind up being a good photo since you are off to the side, the characters will be facing/interacting with other guests, people will be constantly moving in or out of the photo as the character handlers do a great job keeping the line moving and you will be competing with the photopass photographer's flashes. But by all means, go ahead and preserve the moment of someone else meeting a character you like.

Yes, I am aware of that but was thinking that a lot of kids start school the next day so families might might be leaving for home that day. Also local families would prefer a Friday night since it wouldn't be a school night.

We are going to the party on Labor Day and that was our reasoning as well...hopefully it won't be as crowded as others expect it will be!

Dumb question, but what and where is this bypass everyone keeps talking about with prefilled candy bags? I've been to 3 MNSSHPs but don't remember that at all, but the last one was in 2015. TIA!

Go here to see photo and a map, click on the links provided for more information: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter