"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Eagerly awaiting more reports and reviews of the special party treats. The two I had settled on, Doombuggy and Leota, seem to be getting negative reviews. Hoping that they improve?

I really love the HM and was hoping to get one of the treats. I might swap them out for the Zero waffle sundae and Maleficent cone.
I vote for the zero waffle sundae. My daughter had the Jack push pop last year and really enjoyed it. I bet she picks it again in October.

Wow, this thread has been moving while I was at work!

@Cluelyss - did you ever find out what time Gravediggers break for parade? Wondering that too...

I don't know the answer, but FYI the Gravediggers also break during the fireworks. You can get a cool picture with the fireworks in the background at the spot where the gravediggers were (next to the water across from Country Bears in Frontierland).

You went to the first party this year? Where is this location and can you post a picture of your candy haul with the Werther's, Disney has not had this juicy morsel in a few years. Thank you so much. :-)

I hit up most of the trick or treat spots, and I saw no Werther's. I did not see the allergy-friendly candy, however.

@Livelovedance and @Best Aunt could you please help me understand where Cruella was.

Cruella was wandering. She did not have a fixed spot. I don't know if she even had a line. If you find Winnie the Pooh and his friends, she was across from them - they were facing her. I believe it was in Fantasyland. I can't remember if it was near the Pooh ride.

Eagerly awaiting more reports and reviews of the special party treats.

I reported in from Main Street Bakery/Starbucks during the party. I got the not-so-poison apple cupcake and the pumpkin cheesecake. The cheesecake was not worth the calories. It was like eating mushy pumpkin pie without the crust. There is a cookie on top and it got all over my hands because you can't eat it with a fork. I was eating in the dark, and I noticed later that I got it on my shirt and shorts as well. The cupcake was okay. The apple flavored cake was pretty good. The frosting was very very very very sweet. Much sweeter than a typical Disney cupcake. There were crunchy things in the cake; for some unknown reason Disney thinks we want our cupcakes to crunch. Note that the other Disney cupcakes I got that week were $5.99 plus tax (unicorn rainbow cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery, mermaid cupcake at Main Street Bakery/Starbucks and cookies & cream cupcake with monorail at Contempo Cafe at Contemporary). This cupcake was $6.99 plus tax.

Remember that if you order food from the Main Street Bakery, it takes awhile before you can get it because of all the people ordering their fancy schmansy coffee drinks. Also, there are no take-out containers there, so you are carrying your dessert at your own risk. And there are no tables, so you have to try to find a table outside, either up the street toward the castle or across the street.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that can be the case as they're only available on party nights and there has only been one party. I believe we'll know more this Friday as that will be the second party.

I heard someone tried to buy it at the first party and it wasn’t available to buy. Curious to hear if it’s available this Friday!

Wow, this thread has been moving while I was at work!

I don't know the answer, but FYI the Gravediggers also break during the fireworks. You can get a cool picture with the fireworks in the background at the spot where the gravediggers were (next to the water across from Country Bears in Frontierland).

I hit up most of the trick or treat spots, and I saw no Werther's. I did not see the allergy-friendly candy, however.

Cruella was wandering. She did not have a fixed spot. I don't know if she even had a line. If you find Winnie the Pooh and his friends, she was across from them - they were facing her. I believe it was in Fantasyland. I can't remember if it was near the Pooh ride.

I reported in from Main Street Bakery/Starbucks during the party. I got the not-so-poison apple cupcake and the pumpkin cheesecake. The cheesecake was not worth the calories. It was like eating mushy pumpkin pie without the crust. There is a cookie on top and it got all over my hands because you can't eat it with a fork. I was eating in the dark, and I noticed later that I got it on my shirt and shorts as well. The cupcake was okay. The apple flavored cake was pretty good. The frosting was very very very very sweet. Much sweeter than a typical Disney cupcake. There were crunchy things in the cake; for some unknown reason Disney thinks we want our cupcakes to crunch. Note that the other Disney cupcakes I got that week were $5.99 plus tax (unicorn rainbow cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery, mermaid cupcake at Main Street Bakery/Starbucks and cookies & cream cupcake with monorail at Contempo Cafe at Contemporary). This cupcake was $6.99 plus tax.

Thank you so much for all your time and energy.

Super bummed about Cruella. Not giving a Villain her own location, are you ******* kidding me Disney?! That blows! We need more Villains DURING Halloween parties not less and certainly not roaming.

It's too early to give up, when Disney sold the Mickey Halloween Spirit Jersey online many sizes sold out. Now when you go to their site ALL sizes have been restocked!

I won't give up, but if it says "In Stores Only," doesn't that mean I have to be on property to buy it? Fingers crossed it's there when I'm there September 7-11th!

I've seen lots of people snap photos of characters from outside the queue. Sometimes they position a family member with the character in the background. It's no big deal. And if you wait 15 seconds, you can probably line up a decent shot. Or you can crop out the strangers if you like. I have never noticed a CM blink an eye at this, either.
I can say from personal experience I tried taking a pic of the scout from Up while in AK in 2015....we were just walking by and I saw him, not realizing it was a m&g...I tried taking a pick and a cm that was there (I didn't notice her at all) prevented my photo. I was so embarrassed when I realized it was a m&g! So, at least in that instance, it was frowned upon! It was only then that i noticed a line of people waiting.

I won't give up, but if it says "In Stores Only," doesn't that mean I have to be on property to buy it? Fingers crossed it's there when I'm there September 7-11th!
Typically yes, that's exactly what that means, however the Halloween season just started. Assuming this item will be restocked is not unrealistic. It's not party exclusive nor dated, you'll be fine. Keep checking online and on the app.

Thank you so much for all your time and energy.

Super bummed about Cruella. Not giving a Villain her own location, are you ******* kidding me Disney?! That blows! We need more Villains DURING Halloween parties not less and certainly not roaming.

I agree - we met Cruella at the Disneyland party a few years ago, and she was the best part of the night.

I can say from personal experience I tried taking a pic of the scout from Up while in AK in 2015....we were just walking by and I saw him, not realizing it was a m&g...I tried taking a pick and a cm that was there (I didn't notice her at all) prevented my photo. I was so embarrassed when I realized it was a m&g! So, at least in that instance, it was frowned upon! It was only then that i noticed a line of people waiting.

Funny, when I stopped by there in summer of 2017, the handler was difficult. I was asking the characters to hold up a Get Well Soon sign for my friend. All of the other characters did it, but that handler insisted it was not allowed. (I specifically remember Mickey Mouse and Tarzan holding the sign.) I was not going to fight with her about it, but she seemed to be on a power trip to me.

I guess - as with everything WDW - you can never say for sure!

Funny, when I stopped by there in summer of 2017, the handler was difficult. I was asking the characters to hold up a Get Well Soon sign for my friend. All of the other characters did it, but that handler insisted it was not allowed. (I specifically remember Mickey Mouse and Tarzan holding the sign.) I was not going to fight with her about it, but she seemed to be on a power trip to me.

Oh man that isn't cool. We took a sign for our grandson Henry...several characters held it. You can see it here:

This reminded me that many years ago, we were dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, and when the Fairy Godmother came out to do her rounds, a waiter held open his vest to prevent me from taking a picture of her when she was by someone else's table. She didn't stop at all the tables, and I was just trying to get a quick picture of her.

W

just send me about $5000 and I’d be happy to adopt you all! My ownership cost me $15000, not including dues and taxes for the past 11 years, so I’d appreciate the contribution lol!

Be careful. If a DVC member "adopts" random people to get them in early, that's coming close to breaking a Disney rule because I believe technically the DVC member is supposed to be bringing in members of their party. The Dis doesn't like to aid in rule-breaking.

I feel the same way. I've paid the 'mortgage' and the dues which go up, up and up. It's not meant to be a freebie. Surprised DIS hasn't taken that post down.

Can you imagine the uproar if YC and BC people were advertising to let people in Stormalong Bay...

Thanks so much for this! I have it booked for 8/31 (have the parade viewing because we booked it in early June) and have been on the fence about keeping it. Can I ask if you went at 7:30 to reserve a table before the parade? If not, were you still able to get a good spot for viewing fireworks when you got there after parade vieiwing? Thanks!!

Just reposting because the thread is moving SO fast, and would love to know if OP, or anyone else who went to the dessert party on Fri and had parade viewing, had a good experience without getting a reserved table BEFORE viewing the parade. Thanks!!

I just want to confirm that BTMRR was open at the first party!?!?!

I've never gotten a popcorn bucket before, if we buy the one at the party we can get refills for the whole trip? How much are the refills? I know those always go quickly, where's the best spot to pick one up?

Also, just to confirm, there are Halloween refillable mugs at the party or those are just sold at the resorts?

Thanks!

Cruella use to walk around California Adventures and was a lot of fun.

She was walking around Disneyland Park when we where there a few days ago so was the Evil Queen but they would not NOT interact with guests. I'm assuming they were done for the day or leaving to take a break. We also saw Redd from Pirates and she was meeting with guests.

Apologies in advance but: NEWBIE WITH WHAT IS POSSIBLY STUPID QUESTION!!!

So I am going to Disney World :tigger: and arrive late on 27th October (staying at Pop Century!) so bought a ticket to MNSSHP for 28th and a 3-day base ticket to go to the other parks 29th-31st before checking out and traveling to see family in Tampa on 1st November.

I have hooked my ticket up in My Disney Experience so everything will be on my Magic Band when I collect it (I’m in the UK so it isn’t posted)

My question: how do I make sure my 3-day ticket is not activated when I go to Magic Kingdom for the party?

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter