"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Where did you buy an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket before 7??
Are all locations offering them early to party guests now?

I got the Oogie Boogie PB at the popcorn stand before 7 at the location, when looking at the castle, to the right of the Partners statue. I got it before 7 and there was already a big line ahead of me and they were all getting the bucket as well. They had several cases of the buckets and about 5 cast members guarding them like they were made of gold.

I waited a few days to see if the Headless Horsemen magic shot taken outside the park fixed itself, but it's still showing a Hitchhiking Ghost. There were 3 cameras set up and the CM told us it was the headless horsemen but is it possible that the 3 cameras took different shots? Can I call to get this fixed? It's not a huge deal if not, but it does look weird that we're looking up in a tree with a terrified look when there's a knee-high ghost beside us.
Over the years I've had many photos with missing magic. I used the report feature on Photopasses website. For missing features or photos. It works great. They've never failed to fix the photos right up. Or find missing photos.

Considering doing the party on 10/30 with my son. He's almost 4, we did MVMCP last year and he made it to almost midnight. I'm just worried about crowds taking away the fun, if all the character lines are 45 minutes then it won't work for us. Thoughts on what to expect?

Considering doing the party on 10/30 with my son. He's almost 4, we did MVMCP last year and he made it to almost midnight. I'm just worried about crowds taking away the fun, if all the character lines are 45 minutes then it won't work for us. Thoughts on what to expect?
All the character lines won't be 45 minutes all night, but the popular ones will be consistently long. Jack and Sally, Jack Sparrow, and Moana are typically over an hour all night, sometimes over 2 hours. The others tend to get better later in the party. 10/30 will be a very crowded party. I personally, I don't spend party time waiting to meet characters. We lined up for Jack and Sally at 4, had seen them by 5:45 and moved on with out party. If characters are your focus, you can plan on spending a lot of time in line, but that isn't any different than the more popular characters on a regular park day, or from MVMCP. We got in line for 7 Dwarves at 4 for that party too, and saw them at 5:30. Holiday Belle, ect are long lines all night too.

I have had the magic missing from my magic shots in the past, although not from the party. I have called and they added it.

I always get a kick out of the pre-magic photos. You frequently look very strange when you are holding or reacting to something which isn’t there.

I find the pumpkin spice a little too much for my taste. But, I saw a few Instagram posts about a Cinderella Latte. It's half pumpkin spice and half white chocolate mocha . . . and it's amazing! Just enough pumpkin spice for me.

Is this only available at MK? I love white (chocolate) mocha and I like pumpkin spice.

I posted this in the costume thread, but it is pretty quiet and I could really use some advice. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions (except to agree that I am, indeed, an idiot!)?

I’m freaking out, because I’m an idiot who forgot one of the costume rules. My husband is going as Darth Vader, and he has full length Jedi robes that he was going to wear over a Vader shirt. Somehow in all my planning I forgot that “capes” must be knee length, so I guess that probably includes robes too? Or will he be ok, since women can wear full length dresses?

I don’t know whether to take the robes and if he can’t wear them, they can go in the bag. However, if he is highly unlikely to be allowed then there’s no point in dragging them all the way to Florida from the U.K. in our already full suitcase.

We went to the 9/16 party. We are a family of 4...two adults, a 9 year old and 5 year old. We use a stroller for the 5 year old. We aren't interested in meeting characters or the stage show, so didn't do those.

Got in at 4 PM, got treat bags, HM (fastpass), PP (fastpass), it's a small world (by force), looked in HM store, JC, PotC, ate dinner at Pecos, walked up to main street to shop and bought MNSSHP ornament, heard announcement that party was beginning, trick or treated in tomorrowland, fantasyland, storybook circus, bought cauldron popcorn bucket and took a snack break, rode Little Mermaid, 7DMT, continued ToT, lined up for and watched parade, checked out HM lit up, more ToT, sat to watch parade (was delayed about 30 min due to weather), after fireworks boys did Swiss family treehouse while girls went ToT, we all rode Magic Carpets, walked over to Tomorrowland and rode Peoplemover, Buzz and finished up with a couple more ToT spots before heading out at 1150.

So, in 8 hours did 11 rides, all ToT locations (2 or 3 twice), saw parade, fireworks, ate dinner, and shopped twice. It was our first party and we loved it, especially seeing MK with a Halloween theme and all the costumes from other guests. Gave a really fun and different vibe from daytime MK. Ended up with 6 bags of candy .

M&Ms fun size - 41
M&Ms caramel fun size - 17
M&Ms caramel full size - 4
M&Ms peanut fun size - 21
M&Ms peanut butter fun size - 5
Skittles regular fun size - 45
Skittles sour fun size - 19
Skittles wild berry fun size - 17
Lifesaver gummies - 21
Lifesaver gummies big ring - 18
Snickers fun size - 2
Snickers mini - 27
Snickers peanut butter fun size - 15
Snickers crisper fun size - 14
Gogo squeeze applesauce - 3
Dove milk chocolate- 32
Starburst original - 30
Starburst fave reds - 28
Milky way fun size - 11
Milky way mini - 23
Milky way mini dark - 4
3 musketeers fun size - 11
Twix mini - 45
Twix dark fun size - 3
Twix white - 4
Maltesers - 5
465 pieces of candy (plus whatever husband and kiddos ate during party )

I was prepared for awful crowds and was pleasantly surprised, so I hope this post encourages others!

Thanks to all for commenting on my proposed schedule.

One thing that I haven’t heard on is opinions of whether I should keep my plaza dessert party with parade viewing. We are attending Sunday, 9/30 and our companions do not also have the dessert party.

Thanks so much!

Is this only available at MK? I love white (chocolate) mocha and I like pumpkin spice.

Yes inquiring minds want to know! This sounds good!!

I order a Pumpkin Spice Latte . . . half pumpkin spice, half white mocha . . . my local baristas have had no trouble with doing that.

I bet that any Starbuck’s barista would make this for you if you ask for it as described half and half, but they might not recognize it as Cinderella.

Yep . . . or at least in my area there has not been any trouble ordering it that way.

Somehow in all my planning I forgot that “capes” must be knee length, so I guess that probably includes robes too? Or will he be ok, since women can wear full length dresses?

Actually, according to the rules, full length dresses are NOT allowed.

Actually, according to the rules, full length dresses are NOT allowed.

According to Disney’s website, long dresses are fine as long as they don’t drag on the floor:

• Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
I guess “full length” is a semantics argument, but his robe comes to ankle length, or the top of his shoes, where trousers would “break”. The robes do not touch the ground.

According to Disney’s website, long dresses are fine as long as they don’t drag on the floor:

• Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
I guess “full length” is a semantics argument, but his robe comes to ankle length, or the top of his shoes, where trousers would “break”. The robes do not touch the ground.

You'll be fine, maybe hot but YES he'll be able to wear it. Keep a good eye on it when boarding rides.

Hi. It's my first time with Memory Maker and I already have my ticket order number. I will be going in Oct. Can I link MM with MDE now or do I have to wait until my first photo is taken on 19 oct? Sorry for the question but thougth I read about MM and DPP I'm not sure about it.

Hi. It's my first time with Memory Maker and I already have my ticket order number. I will be going in Oct. Can I link MM with MDE now or do I have to wait until my first photo is taken on 19 oct? Sorry for the question but thougth I read about MM and DPP I'm not sure about it.
You can go ahead and link it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!