"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks to all for commenting on my proposed schedule.

One thing that I haven’t heard on is opinions of whether I should keep my plaza dessert party with parade viewing. We are attending Sunday, 9/30 and our companions do not also have the dessert party.

Thanks so much!

Personally I wouldn't. But other people have really enjoyed it.

It will take up a lot of time, so you'll be apart from your friends.

OK. So here is my crazy intense MNSSHP plan. We are attending the party on Tuesday October 2.

Just a disclaimer, it will be my boyfriend and I. We have been many times to MNSSHP and have met all these characters. If we do not hit something on our list, it is not the end of the world. I do usually have very intense party plans and I have managed to do an amazing amount of things before during one party. This is also our only Disney day so we have a few rides we want to do.

Arrive before 4 pm
Enter as soon as they allow us at the tapstyles.
Orange Bird SOTMK card and bypass.
Carousel of Progress
Pooh FP at 3:40-4:40 (I would rather have a FP for Peter Pan but they're all out right now, I will keep checking.
Philharmagic
Country Bears
FP for POTC at 5:20-6

I have no idea how long the above will take, we'll cut down the rides as needed.

Like to be in Elvis Stitch's line around 6
If we meet Stitch soon enough, then try to get in another characters' line before they come out at 7 like Lotso or Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
TTA
hit trick or treat lines along the way, also keep our eye on Space's wait time during the party. If it ever goes around 20 we'll probably try it out
Check character lines as we walk and trick or treat, end up in Adventureland since there are a few characters who traditionally have shorter waits there like the Tarzan crew and Jafar
Boo To You 9:15 in Frontierland, I always recommend the first parade. If you want a front row spot it can take just as long to camp for the first as for the second (unless you get lucky and have a very empty party).
Meet gravediggers before the parade.
Rush thru the bypass to Adventureland as the parade ends, check character lines and maybe do POTC at this point if we missed it earlier (we don't care about the 'overlay')
Hallowishes in the grass in front of Casey's, do a mobile order for some corn dog nuggets and get the Headless Horseman straw
Check on Tomorrowland characters, maybe TTA again if we need a break, check Space's wait
Teacups
end up in Storybook Circus at 11, try for characters there during the end of the party.

So what does everyone think? Crazy like a fox or just crazy.

Thank you! It is very lightweigh but I suspect it will still be horrendously hot. At the very least, he can pull it out the backpack for photos.

Does the fabric wrinkle easily? That would be my only concern of putting it in/taking it out from a backpack. For me, once in, it stays in.

@OhioStateBuckeye did you see on the Itinerary thread guests were let in at 3:47, hopefully we'll see 3:45 :genie:

I am hoping for an early entrance. That would help my plan immensely.

Doesn't help my case that the attractions that close at 6 are all shows, and those all take a lot of time.

Philharmagic will probably be the decider, if we luck upon a show starting we might get it all in. If we just miss one it won't work as well.

Does the fabric wrinkle easily? That would be my only concern of putting it in/taking it out from a backpack. For me, once in, it stays in.

It doesn’t, but that’s a good point. It’s a surprisingly high-quality garment, and I was very impressed when he got it from the tailor. I don’t know what kind of material it is, but it keeps its shape well and is still reasonably lightweight. He may end up taking it off, but that’s up to him, and will depend on the heat. We go on Halloween night, so he might be glad of the warmth!

It doesn’t, but that’s a good point. It’s a surprisingly high-quality garment, and I was very impressed when he got it from the tailor. I don’t know what kind of material it is, but it keeps its shape well and is still reasonably lightweight. He may end up taking it off, but that’s up to him, and will depend on the heat. We go on Halloween night, so he might be glad of the warmth!

Last year I saw a man dressed like the Hatbox Ghost. He also wore a long cape. There was this beautiful twenty something who was wearing a gorgeous mauve gown, it was like a ball gown just well made but way too long. The bottom hem was dirty and ragged from it dragging on the ground all night. I think it was meant for high hills and not ballet flats.

Yeah, I have a Haunted Mansion ballroom dancer gown I've worn to past parties (my theater costume designer friend made it for me). It drags on the ground and I was never turned away at the gate for my dress being too long. Think I've worn it twice now.

And just because I was looking up pictures, I'll post one of another year's costume from the Pokemon Go year, we were Ash and Misty.HM.jpg Pokemon.jpg

For any hocus pocus fans: Disney movie club just dropped their featured selection. Its a combo pack of Nightmare before Christmas and Hocus Pocus says both have digital for 24.95. PM me if you would like a referral. I ordered mine!View attachment 352035
I'll be getting that as well. I have both movies but not the digital versions....so I'll give my old one's to my son and DIL. That's a great deal! I've been a member of the DisneyMovieClub for many many years!

I'll be getting that as well. I have both movies but not the digital versions....so I'll give my old one's to my son and DIL. That's a great deal! I've been a member of the DisneyMovieClub for many many years!
Yeah i bought it for the digital as well!!! I love the club. I usually do one big order this time of year and pick up everything from the last year at 50% off.

Hi Everyone! I am hoping I am posting this in the right place to receive feedback. I saw the itinerary thread was closed and it pointed me here. I feel as though I am late to the ball game as I just found this and joined today. Been going to Disney all my life but we just joined DVC in June and bought APs. This is our first DVC stay and first MNSSHP so anyone that has any advice it is greatly welcomed. We have been to MVMCP so I understand the layouts and everything but since it is my first MNSSHP and our family dynamics have changed I figured I could use some advice :) Myself, DH and DD (12 months) are celebrating her 1st birthday at Disney and are attending the 9/25 Party (Tickets already purchased) FYI our daughter is a trouper and will nap on us when she needs to sleep and will stay up with us at least she did for our June trip. We will also sleep in the next morning.

Priorities

Characters: 7 Dwarfs, Minnie, Mickey
Dance Partys: Disney Jr Jam, Monsters Party
Enterainment: Headless Horseman, Boo to You, Hocus Pocus, Hallowishes
Rides: 7DMT, Space Mountain
Shopping/Snacks
Magic Shots

Secondary Priorities

Characters: Jack Sparrow, Moana, Cruella, Jafar, Abu, Genie (in order of importance)
Dance Partys: Zootopia Party
Rides: Haunted Mansion, Pirates

We will ToT as we see things but it is not a huge priority

2018 MNSSHP Itinerary

September 25, 2018
11:10 - 1:10 Chef Mickey for Lunch
1:30 – 2:00 ticket sales to activate Annual Passes and get MNSSHP tickets
2:00 - 2:30 Pictures/Parade
2:30 - 2:45 Pick up Sorcerers Card
2:45 - 3:05 FP Winnie the Pooh (FP is from 2:05-3:05 If we miss not a big deal)
3:20 – 3:45 Peter Pan Flight (FP 3:20-4:20)
3:45 – 4:20 Shop/Snacks/Pictures
4:20 - 4:50 Big Thunder (FP 4:20-5:20 we will each ride individually but both have FPs, if we need to miss we can, have FP on another day)
5:00 – 7:00 TAG TEAM 7 Dwarfs Line while one gets food, eat dinner while in line/Shopping at Big top/Possible 7DMT depending on line
7:00 - 7:45 TAG TEAM Minnie/7DMT
7:45 - 8:05 TAG TEAM Disney Jr Party/Space Mountain go early depending on Minnie Line
8:05-8:25 TAG TEAM Monsters Party/Space Mountain
8:25-8:50 Meet Mickey (use bypass if open to get to Mickey)
8:50 - 9:45 9:15 Headless Horseman/Zootopia Party? Boo To-You Parade at Casey’s/Hub???
9:30 - 10:30 10:15 Castle Show and Happy HalloWishes in front of Casey's

This is where I need help would you do rides or characters the last hour and a half of the party from secondary list or am I too jammed and need to space out some of the stuff before the Parade and Fireworks. Or should I skip first parade and do everything during first parade and catch the 10:45 Hocus Pocus and 11:15 Parade? Or should I change everything around...any advice or tips will be great!

11:59-12:20 Hocus Pocus

Questions, these may be answered somewhere but havent been able to read everything as of yet:
As a DVC Member will we get our band upon entering at 2:00 or will we pick it up at sales when we get our tickets?
If MNSSHP tickets are showing in MDE do we have to pick those up at the window?
How early can we get the sorcerers card?
Is Child Swap available or do we each have to stand in the standby line?

Thanks in advance for all the Help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter