"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I know there is nothing to pick up if you have purchased the tickets via your MDE account and have MB to use. They'll check your MB and get your wristband.

We are heading to Orlando for a week long family reunion trip in the middle of October. The only time we will hit Disney park is the MNSSHP, mostly will be on 10/16. After reading through this super helpful post, we knew that we simply can’t do it all, so we set our priorities and here is the plan, along with some questions we are still a little bit confused. Our party will be myself, DH, DDs, 3 and 5. We are planning seeing the first parade, if DDs are in good mood after fireworks, anything after that will be bonus.

These are the priorities.
1) Meet Jack and Sally
2) as many as possible party magic shots
3) ToT
4) parade and fireworks

So here is the plan. Is it doable?
1) lineup at the entrance around 3:30, get into park at 4:00. Going through bypass for pics and 1st bag of treats. Question, can we go back to Main Street for a quick way to Jack/Sally MG and more pics on the way instead of going all the way to the end of bypass to the tomorrow land terrace?

2) lineup for Jack/Sally, during the waiting time, one of us go getting Jack the skeleton pop ups and some other party special treats. Hopefully we will be done with J/S around 5:30. Since we want to get the party magic shot at HM, so we want to hang out in this area till 7. So far the ideas we have are ride HM, the small world, lantern magic shot, CHH for dinner. Question, is HM too intense for 5 and 3 yo?

3) after the HM magic shot, continue to Fantasyland, ToT and more rides. Peter Pan probably will be out of the way due to the possible long lines, the rest rides which DDs will be interested are carrousel, Pooh, Dumbo, little mermaid and junior dance party.

4) moving to frontier land for the less crowded parade view, DH want to try the special from Pecos. Watch parade.

5) after the parade, move towards Main Street for fireworks. After finding the spot, maybe doing the party magic shots on Main Street while waiting for the fireworks.

5) after fireworks, if DDs hold up pretty good, going back to fantasy land for more MG. Queen of the heart/ Tweddle, Alice/Matter, and 7D.

Wow, even though we have priorities, still seems too much! Should we cut back even more?

Two more questions,
1) is there any onsite resort that will have pretty decorations like they normally do during the Christmas season? If so, which one is the must do?
2) can I reuse my MB from last trip and link the online purchased tickets to that MB? If so, do I need to go to CS station?

Thank you so much for any suggestions and advice! We really appreciate any input! Man, planning a Disney trip, even for a day, feels like a full time job!

We are heading to Orlando for a week long family reunion trip in the middle of October. The only time we will hit Disney park is the MNSSHP, mostly will be on 10/16. After reading through this super helpful post, we knew that we simply can’t do it all, so we set our priorities and here is the plan, along with some questions we are still a little bit confused. Our party will be myself, DH, DDs, 3 and 5. We are planning seeing the first parade, if DDs are in good mood after fireworks, anything after that will be bonus.

1) Meet Jack and Sally
3) ToT
4) parade and fireworks

1) lineup at the entrance around 3:30, get into park at 4:00. Going through bypass for pics and 1st bag of treats. Question, can we go back to Main Street for a quick way to Jack/Sally MG and more pics on the way instead of going all the way to the end of bypass to the tomorrow land terrace?

2) lineup for Jack/Sally, during the waiting time, one of us go getting Jack the skeleton pop ups and some other party special treats. Hopefully we will be done with J/S around 5:30. Since we want to get the party magic shot at HM, so we want to hang out in this area till 7. So far the ideas we have are ride HM, the small world, lantern magic shot, CHH for dinner. Question, is HM too intense for 5 and 3 yo?

3) after the HM magic shot, continue to Fantasyland, ToT and more rides. Peter Pan probably will be out of the way due to the possible long lines, the rest rides which DDs will be interested are carrousel, Pooh, Dumbo, little mermaid and junior dance party.

4) moving to frontier land for the less crowded parade view, DH want to try the special from Pecos. Watch parade.

5) after the parade, move towards Main Street for fireworks. After finding the spot, maybe doing the party magic shots on Main Street while waiting for the fireworks.

5) after fireworks, if DDs hold up pretty good, going back to fantasy land for more MG. Queen of the heart/ Tweddle, Alice/Matter, and 7D.

Wow, even though we have priorities, still seems too much! Should we cut back even more?

Two more questions,
1) is there any onsite resort that will have pretty decorations like they normally do during the Christmas season? If so, which one is the must do?
2) can I reuse my MB from last trip and link the online purchased tickets to that MB? If so, do I need to go to CS station?

Thank you so much for any suggestions and advice! We really appreciate any input! Man, planning a Disney trip, even for a day, feels like a full time job!

I would try to be at the park entrance prior to 3:30. People have reported getting let into the park as early as 3:47 and being at the front of that crowd will decrease your wait at Jack and Sally. We attended on 8/28 and their line formed very early. I would skip the bypass and go directly to Jack and Sally. If the bypass is important to you, you can head back to Main Street after meeting them.

You can reuse your MBs. As long as your tickets are linked to your MDE, they'll automatically be linked to your magicband.

I would consider just watching the fireworks from Fantasyland. It's not as crucial to be in front as for HEA and won't be wall to wall people. Plus it will help you get to your next priority meet faster.

Every child has a different level of tolerance when it comes to what scares them, but there are no jump scares in Haunted Mansion. It's a dark ride with some creepy sounding voices and music, but very mild on the scare factor.

Question, is HM too intense for 5 and 3 yo?

This absolutely depends on your children. My experience is this- My grandson was 3 the first time we rode HM with him. This is a kid who wanted to ride everything, is tall for his age and so rode things we would've never imagined he'd ride and he loved them all. We figured HM was a no brainer- turns out he was terrifed of "spooky things"- something we never picked up on at home. The pre-ride experience can be scary for littles that don't like the dark- that bothered him as much as the ride itself. He didn't melt down, but it took several years for him to actually ride it again. So, if your kids don't like the dark, if creepy things bother them, maybe not. It's not an incredibly scary ride, but it is dark with spooky music and creepy scenes. You just have to decide if that's what your kids like. If I could do it over again, I'd sit in a dark room and show him a youtube video of the ride and watch his reaction.

1) Meet Jack and Sally
3) ToT
4) parade and fireworks

Two more questions,

Every child has a different level of tolerance when it comes to what scares them, but there are no jump scares in Haunted Mansion. It's a dark ride with some creepy sounding voices and music, but very mild on the scare factor.

Technically there are some jump scares in the cemetery.

Those incredibly fake looking robed ghosts that pop up from behind gravestones scared me once (to my utter shame). Startled is more like it. You can even hear the air pump puff as they shoot up.

Yeah, I have a Haunted Mansion ballroom dancer gown I've worn to past parties (my theater costume designer friend made it for me). It drags on the ground and I was never turned away at the gate for my dress being too long. Think I've worn it twice now.

And just because I was looking up pictures, I'll post one of another year's costume from the Pokemon Go year, we were Ash and Misty.View attachment 352177 View attachment 352178

AWESOME! I love your photos and that HM dress! Oh. My. Goodness!!!!

Those incredibly fake looking robed ghosts that pop up from behind gravestones scared me once (to my utter shame). Startled is more like it. You can even hear the air pump puff as they shoot up.

Good point, thanks. There are some heads that pop up from behind the tombstones, but there are no sound effects other than the faint puff of air coming from the hydraulic. One more thing to be aware of but doesn't happen that often, once in a while someone will scream (usually trying to be funny) during the last few seconds of the stretching room scene.

My daughter is very easily scared, and hates the dark (WILL NOT ride Space Mountain), we were very hesitant to take her on HM our first time because of it. It was her favorite ride of ALL 4 PARKS, haha.

Yeah, I have a Haunted Mansion ballroom dancer gown I've worn to past parties (my theater costume designer friend made it for me). It drags on the ground and I was never turned away at the gate for my dress being too long. Think I've worn it twice now.

And just because I was looking up pictures, I'll post one of another year's costume from the Pokemon Go year, we were Ash and Misty.View attachment 352177 View attachment 352178
GREAT COSTUMES!!

Not really. Fort Wilderness does sort of, camper by camper. And maybe around Pioneer Hall, since they have an activity or two over there. But no, no resort does anything nearly like what's done for Christmas.

We got home yesterday from a few days in the parks and attended 9/16 party. It was myself, 33yo and 29 weeks pregnant, and 2 DD ages 7 & 8. A CM friend met us when we were exiting Dumbo and left after our last ToT stop. I did my best to keep a time stamp of events. Times are when we arrived at something unless otherwise mentioned. We had a late brunch at ‘Ohana and arrived at MK around 3:30

347 open lanes

353 bands on

356SOTK card and starter pack

403FP for JC

430 carpets

445Tiki Room

500 Mobile order dole whip AI

515-525Caught muppet show eating DW waiting for HoP

603 FP+ Mickey on Main Street in costume

610 bypass still open

620 exit bypass after one PP stop/Potty and water break in TL

633Walk on PM

643 PM stopped

647 PM started again

651 BLSRS candy stop

704 CoP tot

711 MILF tot 2 stops

720 dance party for a bit

726 TL racers

746 off racers & potty break

751 Cosmic Ray’s tot

756 Tea Cups

818 dumbo (after back tracking for bags left on teacups) candy stop at play area inside

825 circus candy stop

830 shopping at circus-cauldron ornament/OB AP pin

840 candy at grotto

846 Ariel ride walk on, start 849, stop 855 for one min tot at end

900 PP @ Gaston’s

903 Pooh ride & bought socks

915 Pinocchio candy-asked to see allergy bag for token

918 phillarmagic tot sat and watched a bit

928 embroidered baby hat while friend took kids back for more candy

933 went for more candy while waiting

938 bought hats for kids-had to remake baby hat will return

949 dinner at peco’s bill, fireworks delayed

1035 Tom Sawyer twice

1040-1050 fireworks beside btmrr-not an amazing view and couldn’t hear sound well but was not crowded and good enough for us

1053 splash tot-didn’t ride

1056 Tom Sawyer tot-again LoL

1102 CBJ tot

1105-1115 PP @HM-didn’t ride

1115-1133parade in FL near CBJ

1138 tot near memento mori

1141 small world

1157 pick up hat at phillarmagic

1159 7dmt “20 min wait” CM says “you have one minute”

1214 DD rides 7dmt

1218 off ride

1223-1232 a bit of hocus pocus show

1235 PP on main

1238 pumpkin pp in town square

1241 town square gone for allergy

1242 went to town hall for allergy

1256 left town hall with bag full of 6 applesauce, 3 fruit & seed mix and 14 enjoy life chocolates

1257 headless horseman pp

0105 at CBR bus stop

0115 on bus to CBR with 3 other people

0140 in bed

I collected 19 allergy tokens (actually 20, I found one when I got home) my kids got regular candy to sort through and share with DH who couldn’t come and friends. We brought “I Vant Candy” bags we had bought from Disney Store before trip and used those. We just counted and excluding a few pieces that were eaten we ended up with 15 pounds of candy close to 400 pieces.

Was told at town square that allergy candy left at 1215 and to go to town hall. Walked in to about 1/2 dozen guests with allergy bags and a CM telling a small group of them to go to TS and I informed them that I had just walked across the street and was told to come to TH. When it was my turn he took my bag, asked for allergy and when he returned said “I hope applesauce is gluten free”. I heard another CM tell a guest that the park had been closed for an hour (if the show is happening how is the park closed) and that there were slim pickings. I spoke to a CM at CBR about it (asking who I should speak to about it) and she was appalled that we were told that and given so little. I’m going to call global guest services because it isn’t anywhere on the bag or map that there is a time limit on token exchange and people stopping at TS or TH on their way out after the show makes sense and they shouldn’t be punished for enjoying the party to the fullest. I’m concerned more for the future party guests with allergies who may have the same plan to exchange tokens later. So for now, err on the side of caution and exchange tokens early in the night.

I've also been caught out by a pop up ghost - fairly recently too despite riding it plenty of times! My boyfriend nearly died laughing (rOoM fOr OnE MoRe).

I would try to be at the park entrance prior to 3:30. People have reported getting let into the park as early as 3:47 and being at the front of that crowd will decrease your wait at Jack and Sally. We attended on 8/28 and their line formed very early. I would skip the bypass and go directly to Jack and Sally. If the bypass is important to you, you can head back to Main Street after meeting them.

You can reuse your MBs. As long as your tickets are linked to your MDE, they'll automatically be linked to your magicband.

Do you know if the other wristband locations are giving out bands prior to 4pm? We'll already be in the park so I'm wondering if it's worth it to go back out and get our wristbands, if they're starting there earlier then other locations.

Thanks!

Do you know if the other wristband locations are giving out bands prior to 4pm? We'll already be in the park so I'm wondering if it's worth it to go back out and get our wristbands, if they're starting there earlier then other locations.

Thanks!

They started at 4 pm when we went. I wouldn't personally track all the way back to the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter