"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I think I was lucky with my two nites 9/23 and 9/25. Neither felt crowded and little to no wait times. I really had a great time, even tho at the first one my feet hurt so badly that I left earlier than I planned. I don't regret doing 2 at all tho. It allowed me to focus on characters for one and rides for the other. Big shout out to @FoxC63 and her itinerary thread for helping me plan it out as a newbie to the parties. Hope I have the same success at MVMCP on 12/2

I still struggle with my opinion/thoughts on our two party nights this year:

Friday 9/21 - $79 adult ticket and AP/DVC discounts available

Friday 10/5 - $109 adult ticket with no AP/DVC discounts available (Columbus Day weekend, cheaper parties both 10/4 and 10/7)

Both had similar weather.

I was joining the ‘too crowded chorus’ after 9/21. We ultimately had an OK night, it just ‘felt’ more crowded than my past experiences... to the point where it interfered with our enjoyment of the party. Was it more crowded? Was I just reading too much DIS? Did I make bad zig/zag decisions? Off night? I don’t really know. All I know is it wasn’t all that great a night and I was pretty bummed, as MNSSHP has been a favorite over the last few years.

10/5, while not completely night and day - was pretty darn close. From start to end the night was so much more manageable. We did tons of rides, almost all of the treat lines. Easily found spots for both parades and fireworks. Walked around the park with ease. This night elt just like my prior party experiences. It was DW’s first MNSSHP and she says we’re absolutely going back next year.

I hate to start equating the cost to crowd levels, but it was pretty much the only difference between nights. :confused3

Our party, on Friday 10/26, felt like your second party night to me- and I also had been concerned it might be unmanageable after reading this thread for a couple of months! Particularly since it was a Friday and so close to Halloween. We paid $119 (I think), so it’s possible that price is the difference.

However, when comparing sold out nights (which ours wasn’t, and IIRC neither of yours were) sold out should mean sold out, unless they play with those numbers as well? If they do that I think it’s really crappy! To even have a guess someone would have had to attend both one of the not sold out but poorly reviewed early parties and one of the sold out ones.

We aren’t ever going to do more than one party. We don’t want to take that much time out of our trips, plus there’s the fact that for the 4 of us to go in October it was almost $500! Since we had APs that was $500 we really didn’t NEED to spend to have a fun Disney trip. I’m sorry, but I’m not paying that twice and since we aren’t local (live in PA) we can’t go for more than one weekend (well, we could, but my DH does have his limits with what he’ll let me plan and how much we can spend on Disney trips!).

ETA was 10/5 one of the earlier sold out nights? I’m too lazy to go look now, but maybe it was.

@Haley R , @bcwife76 , @mcgrawfan , @MouseMolly , @paopiru , @Dean1953, @PPFlight75

I am SO SORRY I missed the tail end of the party planning and all the reports. I knew my schedule was going to be tight but then I got sick and ugh!!! It just got worse. The same thing happened last year though I was able to keep up just not this year and I'm embarrassed and so deeply sorry to have dropped the ball on you. I sincerely thank you for your birthday wishes, thoughtfulness and understanding. Major Kudos to everyone helping on the Itinerary Thread especially @OhioStateBuckeye !!!

I arrived on Monday Oct 29th - Every symptom a person having the flu is what I was going though. I couldn't even hold water down. I stayed in bed sleeping in & out, freezing while sweating. I honestly never knew what time it was that's how "out of it" I was. I had planned to explore the Poly, shop, dine and watch the fireworks there.

Oct 30th - I woke up to the sound of shuffling noises in my room around 11am. My friend had arrived and I was so exhausted and tired of being sick. She did her thing while I got ready and we were both dressed for MNSSHP. We had a late lunch at Whispering Canyon my first solid meal and I was hungry. I ordered a Turkey sandwich with cranberry dressing and it was just what the doctor ordered. I scarfed the first half then moved onto my second half and while I was pulling the sandwich away from my mouth something was caught inside... a long piece of hair!!! I kid you not and it wasn't mine! My waitress gave me a birthday cupcake and everyone there sang "Happy Birthday" but truth be told, I was not, repeat not going to eat anything else. :cake:
I made a wish, blew out my candle and took the boat to Magic Kingdom.

I can tell you my wish now as time has passed, I wished for feeling better and having the best birthday ever! And my wish was granted! pixiedust:

EDIT: Whispering Canyon!!!

Last edited:
I'll just keep adding bits as I remember them.

As I read here Oct 30th party was Sold Out, thanks for the heads up @monique5 ! Honestly what we saw at 4:30pm were at least two long rows/lines of people at the Wristband Distribution locations: Tomorrowland/Buzz Lightyear FastPass kiosk AND at Fantasyland/Mickey's Philharmagic. You could have gone to the main entrance and gotten your party wristband quicker. Very, very surprising.

So glad you are feeling better and in time to celebrate your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you! Many of us were concerned and missed you! Stay well! :flower1:

So glad you are feeling better and in time to celebrate your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you! Many of us were concerned and missed you! Stay well! :flower1:

Thank you so much! Just heard from my friend, she too is now sick. :sad1: I made my friend sick. :sad:

I don't remember what Trick or Treat location is was but it was our first stop and we got one, ONE fun size packet of M&M's. :confused3

For me this was typical but the look on my friends face, boy, was she mad! :furious: I believe she said "I'm embarrassed, to be dressed up to the hill and get one piece of candy......" oh, she went on and I agreed.

We can laugh about it now, right?! :rotfl2: Including the hair in my food! :laughing:

From then on I showed them my Birthday Button and said "Today, this very day is my 55th birthday, load me up with some candy please." I opened up my little bag as far as it could go and they all did just that, handfuls literally handfuls at every stop. Seven pounds total and I had to remove it from my luggage because I had exceeded the weight restriction set forth by Spirit. Thank goodness for TSA Pre-Check walked straight though with gallon size bags in tote! Oh yeah! Good times! :thumbsup2

I couldn’t help but wonder what happened to you for the last month plus but was hoping that it wouldn’t affect your birthday trip. I’ve come to Disneyworld for two weeks healthy and come down with a nasty case of the flu on day three, so at least you reversed the process. This board did miss you but was built on your foundation, so most everyone pitched in and most had a good to great time at their parties. By the way, I never saw Cruella on October 25th or 28th. Maybe, she was sick, too.

I couldn’t help but wonder what happened to you for the last month plus but was hoping that it wouldn’t affect your birthday trip. I’ve come to Disneyworld for two weeks healthy and come down with a nasty case of the flu on day three, so at least you reversed the process. This board did miss you but was built on your foundation, so most everyone pitched in and most had a good to great time at their parties. By the way, I never saw Cruella on October 25th or 28th. Maybe, she was sick, too.

Hey @FoxC63 So glad you are feeling better!

Thank you guys! I really think an Itinerary Thread is needed and unfortunately I will no longer be hosting it. My schedule is only going to get busier as our son starts high school next year and volunteering to work there is my #1 priority. I actually go back to work on Monday so this weekend I get to catch up here and around the house.

I missed all of you too and hope your party/parties were filled with magic & memories to last a life time. :grouphug:

I never saw Cruella roaming.
I saw her roaming during one of my parties. She took pictures with a little girl and another girl was standing there waiting and she just walked away. The look on that girl’s face.... I’m not sure why they made her a wandering character but at least take pictures with children that have been waiting

I saw her roaming during one of my parties. She took pictures with a little girl and another girl was standing there waiting and she just walked away. The look on that girl’s face.... I’m not sure why they made her a wandering character but at least take pictures with children that have been waiting

If that was my little girl I'd been... well, not happy!

If that was my little girl I'd been... well, not happy!
We were there waiting after the little girl and obviously weren’t mad but I felt so bad for her. It was pretty rude for cruella to just walk away and say nothing to her

We were there waiting after the little girl and obviously weren’t mad but I felt so bad for her. It was pretty rude for cruella to just walk away and say nothing to her
Somehow we lucked out with Cruella....my son had been determined to meet her. So my husband spotted her near Ariel's grotto. He went up and we talked to her alittle and he got a picture with her. The lighting wasn't great but oh well. We then heard a girl ask her for her autograph and she did it but she was commented about how she needed to have her book open and ready etc. We quickly got his book and pen out and open to a page and walked back over to her and asked for her autograph. She signed and made a comment about how prepared he was. Then when we saw Cruella in the parade she walked by where my son was and said....Hey I remember you! It made his day since he had been looking forward to meeting her all leading up to our trip. Our party was on October 18.

I did not see Cruella roaming on 10/21. I also could not find the dancing skeleton MagicShot. I looked where I took the ugly sweater photo last year around Ariel's Grotto and didn't see it.

I did not see Cruella roaming on 10/21. I also could not find the dancing skeleton MagicShot. I looked where I took the ugly sweater photo last year around Ariel's Grotto and didn't see it.

Dancing Skeletons did not make it this year but here are a few of my favorite photos:

Best Costume
upload_2018-11-2_23-15-41.png

Men's Division - Best Legs
upload_2018-11-2_23-16-5.png

Best Buds
upload_2018-11-2_23-16-45.png

Best View for the parade
upload_2018-11-2_23-20-4.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!