"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the HEA projection show scheduled on the map. Does that take place during the party?
Holiday wishes does have projections on the castle also. It is not a projection show but it is similar to HEA in that it is fireworks with projections on the castle. It is just holiday themed.

This was tweeted by Josh (EasyWDW) who did the Tony’s party last night.
View attachment 364094
“This is what a $99 per person parade spot looks like”

It’s a nice view imo, but with my luck someone would stand in front of me and put a kid on their shoulders. Lol. I’m still deciding if I should book it.
Looks good. Can’t wait to see how much he hated it.

View attachment 364094

It’s a nice view imo, but with my luck someone would stand in front of me and put a kid on their shoulders. Lol. I’m still deciding if I should book it.
Love it! I too, am a magnet for children on shoulders. It never fails. We booked Tony's for a future party. Can't wait!

Thanks for all the live updates last night! Sounds like a fun party!! Does Moana meet inside the Enchanted Tiki Bird show building, or in the queue? Basically I'm wondering if she meets inside or outside. I have the same question regarding the Seven dwarfs in Storybook Circus. TIA!!

My final taste test, all are on my channel, along with meeting Sandy Claws.

Overall, the Party was tons of fun. We may or may not have a lot of cookies and pretzels in our hotel room. They would give you plenty. EXCEPT the drinks. The waste there was enormous. Tons of folks put their apple cider on a table, the Egg Nog was in a nice cup with a lid, and was maybe 1/3 filled if you were lucky.

Our Jack and Sally interaction was awesome, but the line moved slow because they interacted so much.

We watched the first Elsa show from very close. My little princess loved it. We rode some FL rides, and went back to reride her favorite, and currently only, coaster, Goofys Barnstormer. Rides had VERY short lines except for the mountains and dwarf hill, and most everything was walk on after fireworks.

Saw some of Holiday Wishes from Liberry Square. Not sure if the projections are amazing, but it seemed sparse on fireworks.

We did watch most of the parade. It is nowhere near as good as the MNSSHP one. Huge empty gaps, and floats that weren't holiday themed, very basic non Disney characters between floats. I bailed and hit Splash. My daughter was happy to see Woody ("cowboy"), and Santa, who I saw from Splash's lifts.

We also saw most of the last castle show, which had tons of characters.

All of the shirts were pretty blah, but we got the pin.

Then we forgot to get our KTTK cards, and the monorail was down, which blew.

Overall, a fun night. Not up to MNSSHP level though. Not sure I'd go back, definitely not on a sold out night, which tonight was , although it didn't seem nearly as crowded as Halloween night was.

Thank you for all your updates and info!! Glad to see your DD made it thru the night!! I'm fingers crossed with enough sugar and a good nap my little guy will be able to last too!!!!!!

Our night so far:
Seven dwarves pictures
In line @ 5:10pm
Moved inside @ 5:30pm
Characters out @ 6:20pm
Finished at 7pm
Christmas mug from Big Top Souvenirs
Space Mountain - posted wait 20 minutes
In line - 7:10
Off ride - 7:35
Starbucks
SDMT - posted wait 50 minutes
In line - 8pm
Off - 8:25
Big thunder - walk on
Off- 8:50
9pm - stakes out spot in hub near entrance to liberty square for fireworks and second parade
Follow up:
Held our spot for 2 1/2 hours.

Holiday Wishes was great
Parade was good. We were dead ahead right where they turned into the hub. Great views head on and from the side, with the castle in the background as well.

After the parade, headed to SDMT. Wait was longer than our previous ride.

Then headed out. We are staying at Pop, so knew the busses would be crazy. Able to snag a Minnie Van as we were walking out and made getting back so much more enjoyable.

Overall, the evening felt busier than when we went Monday for the 4:30pm close and during the day Thursday of the party. Didn’t get to any of the treats, magic shots, or characters (besides 7 Dwarfs).

Any pictures of party clothing? How much are t-shirts, sweatshirts?

Disney Parks Blog official post for MVMCP merchandise:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...dise-from-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

sdkfh81.jpg

and food:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-merry-christmas-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

this probably would have been good to post YESTERDAY morning...

Thanks to everyone who shared pics and reviews so far! I need to do some serious planning to figure out my priorities for this party! Especially since our party day is also our only MK day. I just don't know if we can see everyone we want to see plus fireworks and the parade (probably 2nd). We don't want Jack or Dwarfs, so that should help. Our list includes Nick & Judy, Bert & Mary, Pooh, and Scrooge. Any rides are gravy, as that will be our focus during the day. Any thoughts on how to prioritize? Think these are all doable?

View attachment 364094

Newbie question - Does anyone know if you can stand in this spot for the first parade, because the Tony's party doesn't start yet?

Trip report:
It was busy like we all feared but we had a great time. Here's what we did. 7dmt, once with a fast pass and once waiting in line posted at 45 minutes. Went to pirates of the Caribbean for fast pass then went toward the hub. Watched the castle light up from the side near tomorrowland then went to tomorrowland. Rode people over with no wait. It was packed looking down on everyone, but I'm not sure what most people were doing...just seemed to be milling around. From there we went to tea cups and got treats on the way. All treat lines were very fast. Went to storybook and rode dumbo, saw the dance party with Doc Mcstuffins and Vampirina, got more treats then walked around fantasyland. The characters were going on lots of breaks so we didn't wait for any. My kids were happy to be doing so many rides with no wait. They are 4 and 8 yo girls. Off to frontierland for BTMR while everyone was waiting for the parade. We rode this 6 times back to back no wait, splash was the same. When the parade was over and crowds arrived back there we went through adventureland back to castle hub. The plan was park on main street and watch stage show, fireworks then parade. We couldn't see a thing at the castle so we moved up. My kids couldn't see any of the show...we wandered around looking for a spot...I really wish they would make guests sit for performances. So we left halfway through and got a spot in front of Casey's on the main street side. For those wanting snow...you get the edge of snowfall there, but not the full effect. I suggest moving down just a little to really be in the snow. After parade we went back to people over for one last ride. So we mostly focused on rides even though I'd planned more shows but we did what the kids wanted and they didn't care about the characters or shows. They were happy just walking by and seeing the characters. Sorry for the choppy report! We are off to Kona. Good luck at your party everyone!

I caught your live stream while you were waiting for the 2nd parade and stayed with you until you called it a night. I loved watching the parade on my tv. You had a great view - which meant I did, too! : ) Thanks so much for streaming tonight.
Thanks for watching, it was a successful day, I was so pooped though, I think it was the weather I had also been on my feet without sitting since 4pm so that was not good, we are trying to figure out our next party stream

Is the reindeer wrangler show still happening in Frontierland this year? What is it?
Yes, they performed just before the 2nd parade, I was there. It's like a blluegrass band that plays Christmas songs with a twist
Newbie question - Does anyone know if you can stand in this spot for the first parade, because the Tony's party doesn't start yet?
Actually not such a newbie question since I was coming here to check the very same thing. By what I gather the package is only for the 11pm show and the dessert parties only gives you viewing of fireworks, but if you are interested in the flagpole spot get ready to hoold your spot for a very long time, I have watched the parade from there in years past and it's getting there at 4pm and grabbing the spot

We are going in a couple of weeks- could someone please tell me exactly where we could get the “good snowfall”- is it by castle or on main st? Thank you so much!

This will be my first trip, so forgive me if this is a silly question, but where is Market Street (Magic Kingdom Bypass)?

Thanks to everyone who shared pics and reviews so far! I need to do some serious planning to figure out my priorities for this party! Especially since our party day is also our only MK day. I just don't know if we can see everyone we want to see plus fireworks and the parade (probably 2nd). We don't want Jack or Dwarfs, so that should help. Our list includes Nick & Judy, Bert & Mary, Pooh, and Scrooge. Any rides are gravy, as that will be our focus during the day. Any thoughts on how to prioritize? Think these are all doable?

I don’t have much to report on except for Nick & Judy. I got in like at 6:10. They came out around 6:20? Give or take a few minutes .. I’m on no sleep so I can’t remember exactly, sorry! But the castmember said they started meeting at 6:15 and this was the only M&G I wanted to do. I was done meeting them around 6:45, right before they were about to dip for their first break. I thought the line moved pretty quick.

As far as the party and my two cents .. it was definitely more crowded than I expected it to be. I should’ve known though since it was the first one. It was our only MK day, like someone else, so we really only prioritized the rides. A lot of the memory maker opportunities we passed on because the lines were long. I would’ve liked to see the fireworks in front of the castle as well, but I didn’t want to sit around for x amount of hours to have a decent viewing spot. I watched the second parade, which was also crowded, because I didn’t want to wait again. Had a decent view. The parade was cute, but not my favorite. I didn’t try any of the snacks but some people I was with got the apple cider. They were just like “what’s the difference between this and apple juice?”:confused3 Overall, I’m not sure if it was worth it , but like I said it was our only MK day and the walk-ons to all of the rides was pretty awesome, with the exception of the Mine Train. It was 40 mins.

The best thing about the party was my sisters boyfriend proposed to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!